• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Bregt wrote
    I apparently coincided my trip to Romania with two games of my own country. Or perhaps this was not by accident. Who knows. Need to find an excuse for the game on Thursday.

it's ... after your bedtime? At least it's for me smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2014
    So Italy is out. First half was a snorefest deluxe, and it continued into the second half. Then the red card happened (a rather harsh judgement), and then the match opened up.

South America once again affirms its strength at the cost of Europe.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    South America once again affirms its strength at the cost of Europe.

HAH! biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The game certainly didn't lack bite.
  2. Southall wrote
    The game certainly didn't lack bite.

By now I think Suarez deserves to be permanently banned from the sport.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Hahahaha!!!! It's hilarious!!! Let me get this straight! Spain, Italy, England, Croatia and most probably Portugal are out and we move on?!?! And we played an excellent match too today!!! Go Greece!!!!! fireworks bounce
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  3. Greece through with a 2:4 goal differential; that's efficiency for you. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014
    Stavroula wrote
    Hahahaha!!!! It's hilarious!!! Let me get this straight! Spain, Italy, England, Croatia and most probably Portugal are out and we move on?!?! And we played an excellent match too today!!! Go Greece!!!!! fireworks bounce

I'm sorry to say that I've never been a big fan of Greece's football team and philosophy. Very defensive, rarely creative in the offense. But hey -- that kind of style won them the Euro cup a few years ago, so it obviously creates results.

To be fair, Norway was (rightfully) accused of the same thing in the 90s, when we did so well on the ranking lists, but played dire football with loads of long passes. So I guess it's a bit of 'pot calling the kettle black'.

But I'm happy for you and your nation regardless!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Thanks hon! I know our style of game but they didn't play only defense today! That's the thing! biggrin
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. yeah I hope it signalizes a change of pace for Greece's style. It worked in '04 and very rarely since.

Seriously, though, Suarez. What the hell is wrong with that guy? freezing
  5. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Seriously, though, Suarez. What the hell is wrong with that guy? freezing

and not able to admit it after the game, come on, the world saw it by now.

Considering this is not the first time, I'm really wondering what the fifa will do. But I hardly expect a serious ban, considering he's a big name. If this would have been a nobody, the guy would be banned for life
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is he the guy that eats people?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Demetris wrote
    Is he the guy that eats people?

yes, sadly no parts truly bitten off, that will be for the fourth time ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    After the hand of god, have we now seen his teeth as well at the world cup? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014
    Zombies' into soccer as well now? That would make a great Danny Boyle film wink
  7. At least he got a punishment I can live with. 4 Months for the biter Suarez is not bad. I wished it could have been a little more, but it's a begin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014
    Germany 1 USA 0

The result doesn't really matter, as both teams are through, but the match was very uneven -- from the entertaining to the insanely boring, especially as Germany decided to do defensive passes for the remainder of the time.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Am I the only one who thinks that the German coach looks like Thomas Newman?
  9. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Am I the only one who thinks that the German coach looks like Thomas Newman?

Lol...no you're not.
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2014
    What is US doing playing football? oh, sorry, "soccer".
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Synchrotones wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Lol...no you're not.

He, he...no, we've been talking about the the Loew/Newman connection for years now. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote

It's gaining popularity over there, they say, but it's still a long way to go -- as exemplified in a recent David Letterman interview with Paul Rudd.
    I am extremely serious.
  10. The TV ratings for this World Cup are, as they say, pretty astounding. Even Obama watched yesterday's game!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  11. Demetris wrote

Getting into the round of 16!
  12. Yesterday they weren't on top of their game, but I must say that I really like how the US plays, both technically and tactically.

I'm quite happy to see Russia go.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I have a feeling American viewership will go down after the match against Belgium next tuesday. biggrin
  13. Thor wrote
    Synchrotones wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Lol...no you're not.

He, he...no, we've been talking about the the Loew/Newman connection for years now. smile

It's almost like that's the reason Newman only does one or two scores a year. He moonlights as a soccer coach. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2014
    My God, what a match! But I'm happy to see Brazil through after the penalty shoot-outs. I don't like Chile's gameplay-wrecking philosophy, even though their stamina and intensity are to be commended.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2014
    The second game is nowhere near as exciting, but that first goal by James Rodriguez was special.
  14. Holy craps Holland...could you have left it any longer?!
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube