• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015
    The worst hangover I ever had was on rum & coke. Just like the screwdriver, by the time you' start realising how fucked you are it's already too late.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Oophhh... Cuba Libres.
    Yeah, these are mean f4ckers as well.

Never really got drunk on those though: I guess the sugar in the cola makes me feel sated much earlier than with Screwdrivers. My god...I remember it well: I had six in about 20 minutes because I thought they were rather refreshing.

The only thing I remember is talking to a girl stating she absolutely abhorred people being drunk-sick, and me just managing a very mousey 'yep' before being more violently sick than I've ever been before in my life.

Funny thing is that later on she couldn't stop apologising to ME, afraid she might have embarassed me. SO sweet. love

I've been told I was found the next morning lying on the rug, fully clothed to go out (boots, winter jacket), with a very loudly purring red cat making itself comfy on my belly, and me explaining to it repeatedly and at length it had been the best party ever.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Can't really deal with any hard licor anymore, whether brown or clear, but then again it was never my favourite beverage.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    I've been told I was found the next morning lying on the rug, fully clothed to go out (boots, winter jacket), with a very loudly purring red cat making itself comfy on my belly, and me explaining to it repeatedly and at length it had been the best party ever.

Better being fully clothed than naked with a cat on your belly, I suppose.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It was a big male farm cat, so him being on top of a naked me might conceivably have damaged my reputation somewhat.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015
    biggrin

It's been a long time since I went to a party and crashed there. I remember one where we were all twenty-something and went to this girls 21st birthday and a friend of mine crashed there on the floor, he was given some bedding but at some point in the early morning, naked, had thrown the bedding off in his sleep and the birthday girl wandered into her lounge in the morning to see our mate naked, still asleep and with a 'morning glory'. She told everybody that she was quite impressed and he has never lived it down though takes it in good humour when it's brought up. As I've told him, she never mentioned his name while waggling her little finger. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Virus - Joel McNeely

I'm probably one of about 25 men and their dog who've witnessed this awful film, but no viewing can do justice to how good this is on CD. An utterly brilliant and brutal action score that's even better than Soldier which is the McNeely score I return to most often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    biggrin

It's been a long time since I went to a party and crashed there. I remember one where we were all twenty-something and went to this girls 21st birthday and a friend of mine crashed there on the floor, he was given some bedding but at some point in the early morning, naked, had thrown the bedding off in his sleep and the birthday girl wandered into her lounge in the morning to see our mate naked, still asleep and with a 'morning glory'. She told everybody that she was quite impressed and he has never lived it down though takes it in good humour when it's brought up. As I've told him, she never mentioned his name while waggling her little finger. wink

He, he....a somewhat familiar scene, I think (both from film and personal life).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stavroula wrote
    I wish I could send you! Perhaps when I come to England in the summer I can bring you some. Great stuff! One problem though... it's soooo nice you don't realize how much you drink and it hits you!

Steven do I make sense? Or am I ranting (not in the angry sense obviously)?

biggrin

I hope you're not suffering too much today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015 edited
    I'm better honey, thank you! My breathing is deeper and my nose is less stuffy. Not to mention I don't feel anymore like the room is moving circles around my head! wink

I've just started listening to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. My favourite of the four!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    Mine, too! (Though I'll bet we're in the minority here)

NP - "Our New World" from CIVILIZATION: BEYOND EARTH by Geoff Knorr

This piece is SO HUGE!!! I love it. It is one of very favorite pieces of music composed last year. And I generally don't like big loud music. This one is just so uplifting and inspiring, though. Great stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    christopher wrote

I prefer Raiders as a film, but I prefer Last Crusade as a score.

Oh, and I think Civilisation: Beyond Earth is a fantabombastic score. Absolutely adore it! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I imagine the Indy scores are pretty even keel in terms of who prefers which given their quality and uniqueness from one another. They're the hot blonde, brunette and redhead of film scores. It just comes down to preference. (Plus that rather sorry looking one with unkempt greasy hair which people tend to avoid.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    christopher wrote

Same here!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE HISTORY OF ETERNITY (Zbigniew Preisner)

Gorgeous and lofty, only like Preisner can! Looking forward to seeing the film too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    christopher wrote

Same here!

You guys are fucking idiots!

:whip:

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin

Yeah. I'd choose Raiders at the drop of a fedora.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yup! Raiders all the way!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote

Gorgeous and lofty, only like Preisner can! Looking forward to seeing the film too.

I'll have to check this out, I like Preisner a lot.
  1. Thor wrote

Sounds like my kind of thing. I'm sorry to say that I've never heard anything by Preisner, though I've heard lots of good things about his SECRET GARDEN score. I'll have to check this one out. Is there an album out yet?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    Thor wrote

Sounds like my kind of thing. I'm sorry to say that I've never heard anything by Preisner, though I've heard lots of good things about his SECRET GARDEN score. I'll have to check this one out. Is there an album out yet?

SECRET GARDEN is beautiful, but you really have to go for the Kieslowski work FIRST, then maybe a compilation of his other film scores and/or concert works after that. Only then would I go for HISTORY OF ETERNITY, which requies a bit of knowledge about his stylings to be FULLY appreciated.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    christopher wrote

Same here!

-Erik-

As you may have noticed boys, he is talking about you, not me! tongue
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Erik Woods wrote

I did NOT have sexual relationships with those mentally deficient persons!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015 edited
    Dude. You guys made Last Crusade come up on my foobar auto-playlist. Out of ~1500 possible albums. 5 minutes after I read this page, it showed up. shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015
    Thor wrote

I can't find any info about this release. Is it a promo of an upcoming album?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I rarely listen to Silvestri's THE AVENGERS score but when I do I usually just play four tracks; Helicarrier, Assemble, I Got A Ride & The Avengers. 12 minutes and 43 seconds of some of the best action/adventure music written in the past five years!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015
    Erik Woods wrote
    I rarely listen to Silvestri's THE AVENGERS score but when I do I usually just play four tracks; Helicarrier, Assemble, I Got A Ride & The Avengers. 12 minutes and 43 seconds of some of the best action/adventure music written in the past five years!

-Erik-

Yes! Definitely the four best tracks. Great stuff. punk
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Martijn wrote
    christopher wrote

Same here!

-Erik-

I join the club. dizzy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Scribe wrote
    Thor wrote

I can't find any info about this release. Is it a promo of an upcoming album?

Yes. I hope it's being released on Spotify or otherwise this year. Here's the IMDB entry:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3565050/

I hope to see it this year, at least during some festival.
    I am extremely serious.