• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2015
    Texas Rising John Debney & Bruce Broughton

I love it. I've played it more times than I care to mention. The only niggle I have... it could do with a bit more Don Davis in the orchestrations (ala Lost In Space). But then again, most things could.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Far From the Madding Crowd - Craig Armstrong

Ravishingly beautiful. That main theme is truly gorgeous. You have to admire Armstrong's diversity even if you don't rate him as one of your favourite composers (and I certainly haven't). He seems equally at home - and adept - in both electronic and classical spheres.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    The Stepford Wives - David Arnold

Loving this release. Colourful and energetic and not to mention that waltz main theme which is maddeningly infectious.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Once Upon a Time S2 - Mark Isham

Haven't seen an episode of the show or heard S1 to date but this is excellent and becomes more interesting and varied as it goes along. Though I'm a huge fan of the composer, his recent output has generally been uninspiring. But he's very much back on form here, the latter part of the album is spectacular, with the kicking off point being the glorious 'Cora's Waltz'.
  1. Steven wrote
    Texas Rising John Debney & Bruce Broughton

I love it. I've played it more times than I care to mention. The only niggle I have... it could do with a bit more Don Davis in the orchestrations (ala Lost In Space). But then again, most things could.

Is this out in the UK yet?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. NP: The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) - Alfred Newman
    The OST version.

Stunning!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: THE ROCKETEER - James Horner

Wouldn't quite make it into my Top 5 Horner scores but this is certainly him at his very best!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2015 edited
    One of the few 'Holy Grail' scores I'm still waiting to be released in expanded form. If it counts as a superhero score, then it's my second favourite superhero score, behind Superman and just above Unbreakable. (I suppose I should say superhero and/or comicbook scores)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Greatest Story Ever Told (1965) - Alfred Newman
    The OST version.

Stunning!

An accurate description along with 'brilliant', 'sublime'.......
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Steven wrote
    One of the few 'Holy Grail' scores I'm still waiting to be released in expanded form.

Well, after recently hearing just how much music was actually written, I wouldn't say no!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LSH wrote
    NP: THE ROCKETEER - James Horner

Wouldn't quite make it into my Top 5 Horner scores but this is certainly him at his very best!

punk

It's top 3 Horner for me and probably in my Top 100 of all time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    (I suppose I should say superhero and/or comicbook scores)

Comic book is accurate.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote

Crikey. That must be one hell of a top 100. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Oooooh, it's brilliant!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...it was a typo, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Live Free Die Hard: Die Even Harderer 4.0 Marco Beltrami

A very well put together fan edit from the complete score. Absolutely brilliant, some fantastic bits missing from the civilian album.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Oooooh, it's brilliant!

-Erik-

Unfortunately you didn't join in the top 50 albums thread so we don't know your top 50 let alone your top 100.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Big Gundown - Ennio Morricone

A score with this title by this composer could hardly be anything other than great.
  3. NP: Highlander (1986) - Michael Kamen; Brian May

The combination of orchestral scoring and pop songs works better in this film than in most other such like soundtracks of the 80s. Much better IMO than the pairing of Danny Elfman and Prince in Batman three years later. In contrast to the latter two Kamen and May actually worked together on the score.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Highlander (1986) - Michael Kamen; Brian May

The combination of orchestral scoring and pop songs works better in this film than in most other such like soundtracks of the 80s. Much better IMO than the pairing of Danny Elfman and Prince in Batman three years later. In contrast to the latter two Kamen and May actually worked together on the score.

Volker

The Edel album, I presume?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Elmer Bernstein's recording of The Ghost and Mrs Muir - Bernard Herrmann

My favourite Herrmann score and one of the most beautiful of all film scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Basil Poledouris's recording of Lonesome Dove - Basil Poledouris

My favourite Poledouris score. It's amazing how many of the great western scores were written by non-Americans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

My favourite Poledouris score. It's amazing how many of the great western scores were written by non-Americans.

I love it. And except for a saloon cue or two, it's so CALM. My kind of western score.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE DIG (Michael Land)

The best videogame score ever written, for one of the very best games in history. I cannot use enough superlatives for this, which is why it's appropriately on my Top 50 list (the only videogame score to be so).
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Southall wrote

Lovely score, but it doesn't threaten the might of CONAN for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2015
    Thor wrote
    NP: THE DIG (Michael Land)

The best videogame score ever written...

No such thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Michael Land certainly composed the best video game score ever, but The Dig ain't it.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I assume Michael Land is a theme park based on the adventures of our friend and colleague franz_conrad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Look! Behind you! A three-headed goat!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    La Resa Dei Conti La Ennio Dei Morricone

My this is good.