• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Update from Kritzerland today at FSM's forums, on "A Place in the Sun (Waxman):

Shortly after posting last night, I'd already made the decision it would be a standalone. However, we were able to get it up to fifty-two minutes - there were a couple of tracks that were potential bonus track cues - we didn't know if we'd use them or not because they were taken from an M&E track and had sound effects and I am just not interested in putting anything with SFX on CD, but when I heard what Chris had done with the two-and-a-half tracks, somehow managing to remove the SFX without compromising anything, I thought we'd include them - the fidelity of those couple of tracks is not as good obviously, which is why they'll be in the bonus section, but I thought we should have them just because the music is so incredible.

We're now in the midst of creating the packaging and then it will all go in for approval - my hope is we can announce this in the next eight weeks.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. New LLLR releases for July 2:

PATRIOT GAMES - 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY JAMES HORNER
    LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $24.98
    LLLCD 1259

PRODUCED BY DAN GOLDWASSSER
    MASTERED BY MIKE MATESSINO
    LINER NOTES BY JIM LOCHNER
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures are proud to announce the release of James Horner's 1992 blockbuster Jack Ryan score to the hit film PATRIOT GAMES starring Harrison Ford and Sean Bean. This expanded 2 cd set features over 50 minutes of unreleased music from the thriller. Liner notes by Jim Lochner take you deep inside the film's production and Horner's intense, Irish tinged score. Art direction by Dan Goldwasser round out this stellar package.

Next, we go from the Emerald Isle to the Emerald Knight with...

GREEN LANTERN THE ANIMATED SERIES VOLUME 2
    MUSIC BY FREDERIK WIEDMANN
    LIMITED EDITION OF 1500 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $19.98
    LLLCD 1257

PRODUCED BY FREDERIK WIEDMANN
    MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ
    ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records and Warner Bros Animation are excited to announce the release of VOLUME 2 to the GREEN LANTERN ANIMATED SERIES. This jam packed cd features over 75 minutes of the very best music as heard in the 2nd half (or second season) from the animated series. If you liked Volume one, you will love Volume two!

The first 100 or so customers who order the cd from www.lalalandrecords.com

will receive a booklet signed by the composer absolutely FREE. Quantities are limited. You are not guaranteed an autograph.

These 2 cds go on sale July 2, 2013 at 12 pm PST (NOON) at www.lalalandrecords.com

and other fine online stores.

See y'all next week!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2013
    Nice! Will definitely visit the Intrada store on July 2! smile
  3. The next Kritzerland release is "Missouri Breaks". More info':

Wouldn't that be something? I know I'd be dancing a western jig - all the original film tracks for the first time and the LP re-recording remastered from the original album masters (I didn't care for the Ryko EQ and decided to go back to the source. The original film tracks are great - leaner and meaner but just wonderful-sounding. I would advise everyone to be here first thing Monday morning.
  4. Over at Cordoba today some upcoming LLLR titles were revealed. Some we already knew about. Here's a list (new titles bolded):

Matrix Reloaded 2-CD set [over 150 mins] (Junto reactor tracks remastered by LLLR) (3,500 copies)
    Police Academy
    Wyatt Earp 3 CD's
    Turbulence (Shirley Walker) (NOTE: July 16th)
    The X-Files: Volume 2 4CD's (NOTE: September 10th)
    Kick Ass 2
    The Warriors (Barry DeVorzon)

As to the possibility of "Matrix: Revolutions" being released, MV just spoke up:
    It's also the films 10th Anniversary as well, so you never know. smile

On "The Warriors" score:
    This is one we are most excited about. Not only does the original album sound better than ever, we have also unearthed several score cues that were cut from the film, presented for the first time in this release.

MV

There are usually a couple other labels that reveal some upcoming titles at this event, so there should be some more updates soon.
  5. FSM user jwb has posted the following in regards to scores from "Superman: The Animated Series" from LLLR:

MV himself.

1. The Last Son of Krypton Parts 1-3
    2. A Little Piece of Home
    3. Feeding Time
    4. The Way of All Flesh
    5. Stolen Memories
    6. The Main Man Parts 1-2
    7. Tools of the Trade
    8. Blasts From the Past Parts 1-2
    9. The Prometheon
    10. Speed Demons
    11. Livewire
    12. Identity Crisis
    13. Mxyzpixilated
    14. Double Dose
    15. Solar Power
    16. Brave New Metropolis
    17. Monkey Fun
    18. Ghost in the Machine
    19. Father's Day
    20. World's Finest Parts 1-3
    21. Bizarro's World
    22. The Hand of Fate
    23. Prototype
    24. The Late Mr. Kent
    25. Heavy Metal
    26. Apokolips...Now! Parts 1-2
    27. Little Girl Lost Parts 1-2

Out of these, 20 will be represented on the 4 disc set of Superman: TAS. Which one's exactly, unknown at this point. And even then, that could have changed since it was last year. But yeah, the point is they are working on it! And its going to be awesome!

This information hasn't been anywhere I can find; I'm guessing MV told him in an e-mail. We'll find out, since MV is replying to the thread.

EDIT:

MV just made an update for B:TAS Volume 3:
    Just to clear the air -- BTAS Vol 3 is NOT happening this year. 2014 is most likely. We have waaaay too much on the plate right now, especially at WB.

MV
  6. Point of interest: NOT coming any time soon, "The Reivers". Posted today over at FSM by MV, after a person asked whether or not to buy it, incase something is in the works:

Buy it. It's a rights mess. May not happen for awhile

MV
  7. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

Gone July 15th.
  8. Kritzerland is reporting "Missouri Breaks" is close to selling out.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    Kritzerland is reporting "Missouri Breaks" is close to selling out.

SOLD OUT at Kritzerland.
  10. July 22 releases from Digitmovies:

L'Infermiera di Notte - La Liceale Seduce i Professori (Gianni Ferrio) - CDDM239

"Digitmovies, in collaboration with the Sugar Group, is pleased to publish the OST in full stereo by Gianni Ferrio on CD for the first time ever, taken from the movie: 'The Night Nurse' and 'How to Seduce Your Teacher'. Gianni Ferrio wrote two nice comments on these films that are part of the erotic comedy genre that was ever so popular in the seventies and early eighties. For this CD, that lasts 54:34, we used the stereo master tapes that allowed us to include every note recorded at the time. The author alternates between sparkling dance music with delicate love themes and funny motifs that keep the listener pleasantly entertained for nearly an hour."

Una Bella Grinta (Piero Umiliani) - CDDM240

"Digitmovies, in collaboration with the Sugar Group, is pleased to present on CD, the full version of the OST by Piero Umiliani for the movie 'The Reckless' directed in 1965 by Giuliano Montaldo. The great Piero Umiliani wrote one of the most beautiful Jazz / Blues comments of his long and prolific career, performed by Gato Barbieri band and with exceptional soloists (as shown in the Main credits of the film) Barbieri - Rava - D’Andrea - Foccia - Munari. At the time C.A.M. published a 33 rpm (CMS 30 -131) containing thirteen tracks in mono with a duration of 42:28. The song of the main credits, played by Don Powell, appeared only on the single by Ricordi (SRL 10-380). In 2009 Cinedelic Records has reissued the same material as the 33 rpm record on CD for the first time ever in a limited edition of 500 copies (also on vinyl). For our CD (TT 73:16) we could use the mono master tapes of the original session that allowed us to discover new 28:21 minutes and to also include the rare vocal version of the single, all restored and digitally remastered."

La Valle Dell'eco Tonante (Carlo Rustichelli) - CDDM241

"Digitmovies, in collaboration with the Sugar Group, is pleased to present, as a volume XXVIII of the series dedicated to the Italian Peplum, two OST by Carlo Rustichelli for the film 'Hercules of the Desert' and 'The Revenge of the Crusader'. 'Hercules of the Desert' and 'The Revenge of the Crusader' contained musical material composed by Maestro Rustichelli from C.A.M.’s repertoire from movies like 'The Betrothed', 'Sword of the Conqueror', 'The Giants of Thessaly', 'Antinea Lover of the Buried City', 'A Day for Lionhearts' and 'The Knights of Revenge.' For our CD (41:31) we could use the mono master tapes of the original recording session that contained ONLY the original music specially composed by the author for these two films."
  11. Update today from LLLR over at the FSM board in regards to "Green Lantern: The Animated Series"
    (Volume 2):

Just a heads up - we blew through the first 200 signed ccopies of Green Lantern over the Holiday weekend so Freddie offered to sign another 50 for you guys. About 20 of those additional 50 signed booklets are already spoken for. So, grab them while you can!

MV
  12. VERY LOW QUANTITY ALERTS

Low quantity alert!

Roy Budd's MAMA DRACULA and DEUX HEURES MOINS LE QUART AVANT JÉSUS-CHRIST (Less than 5 copies remaining)
    SIGNATURE (Less than 20 copies remaining)
    Richard Rodney Bennett's L'IMPRÉCATEUR (THE ACCUSER) / Gabriel Yared's INTERDIT AUX MOINS DE 13 ANS (Less than 40 copies remaining).

Order now: www.musicbox-records.com/en
  13. Two new releases being announced tomorrow from BuySoundtrax. Here are the clues:

FYI, two new titles coming out next Wednesday.

Both will be CD Releases

One will be EXPANDED 2 CD SET reissue of a wonderful early 80's fantasy adventure score by one our favorite composers.

The other is a CD release by popular demand of one of our digital releases which is really rather cool.

Spread the word!!!"
  14. Coming from LLLR:

"Red 2" (with one more track than the digital download; July 30)

"Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox" (August; no, not a continuation of the TV series)

And GNP Records has posted this on their Facebook page:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCeCMFU1lwM

After they posted a clue for "Star Trek: Generations", with a few days the complete score came out.

EDIT/RED ALERT:

Star Trek: Insurrection - Expanded Collector's Edition"
    "Expected 8/6/2013
  15. The two BuySoundtrax releases:

16. justin boggan wrote
    Update from Kritzerland today at FSM's forums, on "A Place in the Sun (Waxman):

Shortly after posting last night, I'd already made the decision it would be a standalone. However, we were able to get it up to fifty-two minutes - there were a couple of tracks that were potential bonus track cues - we didn't know if we'd use them or not because they were taken from an M&E track and had sound effects and I am just not interested in putting anything with SFX on CD, but when I heard what Chris had done with the two-and-a-half tracks, somehow managing to remove the SFX without compromising anything, I thought we'd include them - the fidelity of those couple of tracks is not as good obviously, which is why they'll be in the bonus section, but I thought we should have them just because the music is so incredible.

We're now in the midst of creating the packaging and then it will all go in for approval - my hope is we can announce this in the next eight weeks.

This is finally coming up next.

As usual, Kritzerland gives their clues in the thread for the previous release, over at FSM, and then confirms it when guessed.
  17. It's great that this is finally getting a release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  18. LLLR's has just admitted they are doing the complete score release of "Day of the Dead" which FSMer's were talking about after somebody found a mention online.

Yes, its coming. Planned for early October with a screening event being held Monday September 30 at the Egyptian with some awesome guests in attendence.

It will be a 2 cd set.

That's all for now.

MV

And over at composer Donald Rubinstein's website:

New Music on Perseverance Records
    June 20, 2013

Two new releases from Perseverance Records are in progress. The first will feature concert works based on themes Donald wrote for George Romero's Dawn of the Dead (before Romero decided not to go the orchestral route). It will also include rarely heard commissioned works and a new soundtrack.

The second combines Donald's score for the upcoming documentary feature film Blender, by German director Susann Reck, with his score for George Romero's feature film, Bruiser. (1999)
  19. New from Kronos Records:

TH3 PIT
    by FURIO VALITUTTI
    (KRONCD017)

The soundtrack for FILIPPO De MASI's feature film directorial debut film TH3 PIT. The music is composed by FURIO VALITUTTI, a name to remember. You will hear a lot more from him in years to come. This CD is a must for lovers of beautiful, eerie music and horror film music. This exciting, scary release is strictly limited to 300 copies. Check the samples on the Catalogue page and order it before it's too late!

Limited edition of 300 copies
    Preorder opens 12th July
    Release Date 12th August

I CAVALIERI DELLA VENDETTA
    by CARLO RUSTICHELLI
    (KRONCD018)

The first ever release of this beautiful, sweeping soundtrack on compact disc format. In addition to the original 17 tracks program as featured on the C.A.M. 1964 LP this CD includes half an hour of never before released music from the scoring sessions. This is also the first CD, hopefully of many that we are releasing by Maestro Rustichelli. Sit back, close your eyes and travel to Carlo Rustichelli’s beautiful world of lush, emotional music.

Limited edition of 500 copies
    Preorder opens 12th July
    Release Date 28th August

http://www.kronosrecords.com/index.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I tend to agree with Justin about the FSM CD ownership point. A fan of "film music" in general would surely have at least one of the selection they have to offer?

Would have to agree
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2013
    Just got Fire and Ice by William Kraft. Very modern sounding but with a nice main melody.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
  20. sdtom wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I tend to agree with Justin about the FSM CD ownership point. A fan of "film music" in general would surely have at least one of the selection they have to offer?

Would have to agree
    Tom

FSM speciality was the score a bit off the mainstream. Since I have a pretty mainstream collection I don't have overhelmingly much FSM CDs. Of my 780 entries, 21 are from FSM, the Superman scores from the Blue Box counted individually.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  21. I'm not sure of some of the meaning in your post Volker, but I am not too sure about your apparent differentiation between "mainstream" and "speciality". I would consider a lot of what FSM and the other genre-specific labels to be mainstream (based upon the films from which their scores are taken).

But, I do think that, as they number of titles gets less and less, that a lot of the more well-known titles have been released already. Now, a lot of the releases from the likes of Intrada are for titles whose music I have no experience with at all. These releases are becoming a bit more speciality - but opens up the opportunity of some new discoveries.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  22. You just don't find too many summer blockbuster scores in the FSM catalogue. It's more for the cinephile and the curious. Let me quote from an interview Lukas Kendall did:

CS: The choice of releasing obscure, lesser-known titles has always been a point of pride of FSM as a label. You unearthed some unexpected and unorthodox gems, including some wild, crazy stuff from very popular composers like Goldsmith, Williams and other top names. In this sense, what were the most surprising and fun titles to work on?

LK: I’m going to respectfully pass on scanning our catalog to come up with a proper list, but just popping to mind you mentioned Goldsmith and Williams, and we did a CD of the obscure TV shows Jericho and The Ghostbreaker that feature barely known TV themes and scores by those composers. That kind of thing always entertained me, discovering scores that were so obscure that most collectors had not only not seen the shows or heard the music—they didn’t even know it existed.

http://www.colonnesonore.net/contenuti- … art-1.html

That's what I meant.
  23. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until July 29 to get these from Intrada:

How to Steal a Million / Bachelor Flat (John Williams)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5974/.f

Masters of the Universe (Bill Conti)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7683/.f
  24. justin boggan wrote
    DISCONTINUATION ALERT

You have until July 29 to get these from Intrada:

How to Steal a Million / Bachelor Flat (John Williams)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5974/.f

Masters of the Universe (Bill Conti)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7683/.f

I have both. Recommended!

Volker
  25. New releases from Music Box Records, including Yared and Silvestri scores:

CLEAN SLATE (1994) • THE PEREZ FAMILY (1995)
    MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY ALAN SILVESTRI

Limited Edition of 1000 copies. World Premiere CD release.
    65 minutes of music never-before released.
    12-page CD booklet with liner notes by Daniel Schweiger.

Ref: MBR-031
    RELEASE DATE: August 5th, 2013

TRACKLISTING:

Clean Slate (36:09)
    1. These Foolish Things (Main Title) (01:35)
    2. Don't Panic (02:50)
    3. What Did I Do? (01:14)
    4. Sarah Novak (02:17)
    5. That's Him! (02:16)
    6. The Meaning of Baby (01:58)
    7. Sarah Who? (02:24)
    8. Primping For Mom (01:59)
    9. Bonding With Baby (01:45)
    10. Stranger on the Beach (02:09)
    11. Beth Confesses / Guy With Guns / Pacific Highway Chase (03:00)
    12. Court in Session / The Escape (03:02)
    13. Regaining Memory (02:15)
    14. Remember Me? / End Credits (02:46)
    15. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) (04:00)
    Performed by Oleta Adams

The Perez Family (27:38)
    16. Dream (02:01)
    17. Fuck John Wayne (03:03)
    18. Bleeding Heart (03:29)
    19. Now I'm in Prison / Dottie Into Action (01:14)
    20. Fencewalk (01:15)
    21. Juan Visits Wife (02:01)
    22. Juan & Dorita Dance in the Street (01:40)
    23. Where Am I? (01:26)
    24. The Picture (02:49)
    25. Lovemaking (01:40)
    26. Drume Negrita (01:42)
    27. Reunion (01:34)
    28. Always Looking for Cuba (03:15)

TOTAL TIME • 63:50

For sound clips, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/41-c … amily.html

LA PUTAIN DU ROI (THE KING'S WHORE, 1990) • LA DIAGONALE DU FOU (DANGEROUS MOVES, 1984) • L'INSTINCT DE L'ANGE (ANGEL'S WING, 1993)
    MUSIC COMPOSED BY GABRIEL YARED

Limited Edition of 500 copies. First time on CD.
    65 minutes of music never released before.
    12-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Laurent Perret.

Ref: MBR-032
    RELEASE DATE: August 5th, 2013

TRACKLISTING :

La Putain du roi (37:15)
    1. La Putain du roi (générique début) (05:37)
    2. La poursuite (01:12)
    3. Jeanne et le roi (01:31)
    4. Gavotte (00:55)
    5. Dans la chambre du roi (02:57)
    6. Aria (02:28)
    7. Le musée de la comtesse Longhi (04:15)
    8. L'affrontement (02:36)
    9. Barocco (01:28)
    10. La variole (04:20)
    11. Le bal (01:27)
    12. Jeanne et son fils (04:45)
    13. Générique fin (03:12)

La Diagonale du fou (13:39)
    14. Partie d'échecs (02:44)
    15. Marina (03:37)
    16. Liebskind (03:11)
    17. La diagonale du fou (03:56)

L'Instinct de l'ange (13:54)
    18. L'aria de l'ange (05:58)
    19. L'aria de l'ange (variation) (01:56)
    20. Valse de Léa (01:46)
    21. Pauline (02:01)
    22. L'aria de l'ange (piano) (02:04)

TOTAL TIME • 64:52

For sound clips, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/42-l … -ange.html

LA MANDARINE (1972) • LA REVANCHE (1981)
    MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY CLAUDE BOLLING

Limited Edition of 500 copies. First time on CD.
    58 minutes of music, including 30 minutes of music never released before.
    8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Gilles Loison.

The first 50 copies purchased directly from our online store will be autographed by the composer, Claude Bolling (offer limited to 1 autographed copy by customer).

REf: MBR-030
    RELEASE DATE: August 5th 2013

TRACKLISTING :

La Mandarine (29:23)
    1. Générique début (01:09)
    2. Séverine (02:29)
    3. Le temps du lumbago (02:07)
    Performed by Madeleine Renaud, Annie Girardot & Marie-Hélène Breillat
    4. Caresses / Ile Flottante / Amour Séverine (03:44)
    5. Mémé Boul pop (05:17)
    6. Partir (03:07)
    7. Bowling pop (03:47)
    8. Séverine et Baba (01:50)
    9. Accouchement / Poursuite / Tony et Séverine (02:33)
    10. La mandarine (02:56)

La Revanche (29:23)
    11. Générique début (01:05)
    12. Anne (02:33)
    13. Sortie de prison (02:20)
    14. La voiture d'occasion (02:09)
    15. Jouvert et Jeanne (01:47)
    16. L'attaque de la banque (02:24)
    17. Oh les filles ! (02:43)
    18. Le cambriolage (04:22)
    19. Londres-Rio (02:33)
    20. Aéroport et final (05:14)
    21. Générique fin (01:49)

TOTAL TIME • 58:49

For sound clips, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/40-l … anche.html
  26. New from Beat Records:

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

(FSM link with more details)
  27. New from Howlin' Wolf Records:

DARK SOULS (HWRCD-015)
    music composed by Wojciech Golczewski
    Ltd. 500

COOL AIR / INVASION (HWRCD-016)
    music composed by Tony Riparetti
    Ltd. 500

http://www.howlinwolfrecords.com/