• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. "Jake Speed" (Mark Snow) is on sale at $9.95 (originally $15.95).

http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/jasporsobyma.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Some LLLR quotes and hints:

On the subject of another X Files Box:
    "A vol 3 is most likely unless sales of Volume 2 are terrible."

When someone asked if sales were poor for LLL's TNG Set:
    "No, sales were great on Vol 1. A Vol 2 is in the planning stages for 2014."

One Trek at a time, guys. One trek at a time."

And when someone asked about a complete Fight The Future score release:
    "You never know."

And when an FSM user posted a list of Marco Beltrami titles, asking about the possibilities, he replied:

Carrie is spoken for

I think Soul Surfer came out (and maybe a few of the others)

And DON'T pay high prices for 3:10 to Yuma. Just say NO. smile

MV

PS No Max Payne DELUXE. smile

And when asked about any scores coming from the '50's and '60's, he replied there was one coming this month, adding:

Tiomkin next? - no...but hopefully 1,2, or possibly 3 later this year

Police Academy? - who knows. Its at Warners for artwork approval. We HOPE October

MV
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. New from BuySoundtrax:

"HOUSE AT THE END OF THE DRIVE" (Alan Howarth)
    http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/hoatendofdro.html

"ZULU DAWN" (Elmer Bernstein)
    http://buysoundtrax.stores.yahoo.net/zudaorsobyel.html

LLLR, which release that Bernstein score a few years ago, chimed in:
    And speaking of awesomeness, pick up BSX's new ZULU DAWN featuring improved sound, new liners and artwork by Mark Banning! It certainly washes away the taste of our half assed first release. lol

MV
  4. New from Music Box Records (a Jarre and two Delerue):

FOR THOSE I LOVED / AU NOM DE TOUS LES MIENS (1983)
    MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY MAURICE JARRE

Limited Edition of 500 copies.
    78 minutes of music, including previously unreleased cues.
    8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Florent Groult.

Ref: MBR-033
    RELEASE DATE: September 30th, 2013

TRACKLISTING:
    The Film (40:16)
    1. Au nom de tous les miens (02:22)
    2. Premier amour (03:12)
    3. Marche de l'insurrection (02:41)
    4. Le passé (01:57)
    5. Mélodie Palace (03:17)
    6. Treblinka (01:52)
    7. Évasion (01:36)
    8. Zofia (02:29)
    9. Déportation (03:56)
    10. Café sztuka (03:21)
    11. Soulèvement du ghetto (02:42)
    12. Le feu (02:01)
    13. Espérance (02:54)
    14. Survie (variation)* (01:24)
    15. Dina* (01:46)
    16. Valse* (02:20)
    * previously unreleased

The series (38:22)
    17. Survie (02:35)
    18. La valse de Zofia (02:23)
    19. Insurrection (03:39)
    20. Solitude (02:44)
    21. La grand-mère (02:18)
    22. Résistance (02:22)
    23. L'Amérique (02:14)
    24. Les jours heureux (02:29)
    25. Destruction (02:29)
    26. Après la mort de la mère (02:19)
    27. Martin et Zofia (01:58)
    28. Le café du ghetto (03:36)
    29. Souvenir (04:01)
    30. Au nom de tous les miens (02:55)

TOTAL TIME • 78:41

For sound clips, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/46-a … loved.html

LES VISITEURS (1980) • L'HOMME QUI REVIENT DE LOIN (1972)
    MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY GEORGES DELERUE

Limited Edition of 750 copies.
    55 minutes of music never released before.
    8-page CD booklet with French and English liner notes by Gilles Loison.

Ref: MBR-034
    RELEASE DATE: September 30th, 2013

This present edition is the first volume of coming CD releases dedicated to the television soundtracks composed by Georges Delerue.

TRACKLISTING :
    Les Visiteurs / The Visitors (TV series) (37:14)
    1. Les visiteurs (02:27)
    2. Reka, le dernier survivant (01:52)
    3. Arkim et Tolrach (01:40)
    4. Les jeunes mariés (01:55)
    5. Antonia (01:11)
    6. Zarko, chevalier de l'espace (02:29)
    7. Le procès (02:02)
    8. Le tour du monde (02:41)
    9. Jalousie (01:25)
    10. L'expérience (02:42)
    11. Soirée au château (03:23)
    12. La vie sur Terre (01:44)
    13. Retour à Paris (02:22)
    14. Renate et Jean-Louis (02:47)
    15. La prison de San Diego (03:30)
    16. La révélation (02:23)

L'Homme qui revient de loin / The Man Who Came Back from the Death (TV series) (18:22)
    17. Générique début (01:11)
    18. Marthe et André (01:47)
    19. La Roseraie (02:04)
    20. Jacques et Fanny (02:16)
    21. Au bord de l'étang (01:57)
    22. Le fantôme (02:58)
    23. L'enquête (01:48)
    24. Dénouement (01:54)
    25. Générique fin (02:06)

TOTAL TIME • 55:38

For sound clips, please visit: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/47-l … -loin.html

And an update on a future title:
    We are preparing a complete version of "LA RÉVOLUTION FRANÇAISE" as we have gathered all the recording sessions. To be released next year!
  5. "The Delta Force" sold out in quick time, once again:

Quartet Records:
    You know we like to inform when we have small quantities, but ... suddenly ... sold out!!
  6. Next up from Kritzerland:

"The Pleasure of His Company" (Alfred Newman)

I love the score, Newman can do no wrong, and it's got everything Newman did so wonderfully - two great main themes and lots of variations - it's an addictive listen. Between the score and bonus material, the CD is over sixty minutes.
  7. Update from Kritzerland:

Strategic Air Command - sold out.
    Mulholland Falls - sold out
    Pride and the Passion - sold out
    Hud - sold out.
    A Dry White Season - sold out.
  8. It's just been an onslaught of releases and info'! Anyway, new releases from Digitmovies:

GLI ULTIMI GIORNI DI POMPEI (Lavagnino/expanded)
    I DUE PARA (Umiliani)
    PER GRAZIA RICEVUTA (De Angelis/expanded)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2013 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    New from Music Box Records (a Jarre and two Delerue):

[b]FOR THOSE I LOVED / AU NOM DE TOUS LES MIENS (1983)
    MUSIC COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY MAURICE JARRE

That's an excellent (though pretty damn dark) score.
    Had it on vinyl for forever. Very happy to get it in CD format now.

And an update on a future title:
    We are preparing a complete version of "LA RÉVOLUTION FRANÇAISE" as we have gathered all the recording sessions. To be released next year!

...and thus plummets the value of my most expensive CD purchase ever .

Tant pis. smile
    I'm glad of this reissue: it's about time.

And it's a wonderful score that so very much deserves a larger audience (I have stated time and again that the French should chuck the Marseillaise -much as I love it- and substitute Delerue's Hymne Á La Liberté in its stead. It's THAT good.)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2013
    I'm very happy that La Revolution Francaise is being rereleased love

A dark score from Jarre? Care to elaborate Martijn?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Um. It's pretty dark.
    And it's composed by Jarre.
    Not sure what else to say?

It's a very emotional score, but with a film subject like that (the Warsaw uprising) that's only to be expected. It's dramatic and oppressive (as it should be) and fits the subject to a t. I think it's a great little Jarre.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I see the film is up on YT, I did listen to the opening titles and it's very Jarre ( no bad thing, I love Jarre ), a shame the film isn't subtitled as this is the kind of film I like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  9. Martijn wrote
    Um. It's pretty dark.
    And it's composed by Jarre.
    Not sure what else to say?

It's a very emotional score, but with a film subject like that (the Warsaw uprising) that's only to be expected. It's dramatic and oppressive (as it should be) and fits the subject to a t. I think it's a great little Jarre.

The Warsaw uprising proper or the Ghetto uprising in Warsaw?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't know, to be honest, Pawel. smile
    I have never seen the film, so had to go by pictures on the album sleeve and track titles.
    It's hard to say where the Slavic thematic elements end and the Judeo musical "clichés" begin.
    So I'm afraid I have to forego a straight answer.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hmmmmmmm?

Intriguing!? uhm
  10. Martijn wrote
    I don't know, to be honest, Pawel. smile
    I have never seen the film, so had to go by pictures on the album sleeve and track titles.
    It's hard to say where the Slavic thematic elements end and the Judeo musical "clichés" begin.
    So I'm afraid I have to forego a straight answer.

Right smile It's just that these events get confused in the West and many people call the 1943 uprising the Warsaw one, which happened in 1944. I was just curious about that.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I understand. I know the difference. I'm just not sure which one is the prevalent one in the film (having just read a short summary, it may very well involve both?)
  11. DISCONTINUATION ALERT

Stay Tuned (Bruce Broughton)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7041/.f

Wrongfully Accused (Bill Conti)
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6985/.f
  12. September releases from Digitmovies:

GLI ULTIMI GIORNI DI POMPEI - Angelo F. Lavagnino (CDDM223)
    "Digitmovies, with collaboration of Gruppo Sugar, continues to explore the territory of the Italian Peplum by issuing as volume XXV the complete edition in mono of the OST by Angelo F. Lavagnino for the movie “Gli ultimi giorni di Pompei” (Aka “The Last Days of Pompeii”). It was directed in 1959 by Mario Bonnard (together with an uncredited Sergio Leone) and produced at the CEA soundstages in Madrid and Cinecittà in Rome. At the time of the film’s release no record album at all with music by M ° Lavagnino was issued, but in 1984 C.A.M. issued a 33 rpm LP in their limited edition Phoenix series (PHCAM 03) with 15 tracks (in fact the “Main Title” was repeated at the end of side B so that we have left in their place only 14 tracks which end with the “ Finale “). The same material has been re-released on CD in 1995 (CAM 493273-2) and more recently on CD CAM / Sugar (Sugar 24). For our CD we had access to the master tapes of the original session in mono masterfully conducted by Carlo Savina which allowed us to locate about 22 minutes of extra music that leads us to a total duration of 62:57."

I DUE PARA - Piero Umiliani (CDDM243)
    "Digitmovies is pleased to present, for the first time on CD the complete OST by Piero Umiliani for the film "The Two Parachutists" directed in 1965 by Lucio Fulci and starring Franco Franchi and Ciccio Ingrassia. This CD with a duration of 41:28 minutes was possible thanks to the friends of Beat Records, where the master was assembled using the mono master tapes of the original session. Maestro Umiliani composed a funny circus theme for "Head credits" (Tr. 1), alternating with the music of the atmosphere with an Arab flavour (Tr. 2), to western-style Deguello music (Tr. 3, Tr.15 , Tr.16), Waltz (Tr.4), Mexican Mariachi (Tr.6), American march (Tr.7), a wild South American dance music for trumpet (Tr.8), suspense (Tr.9)."

PER GRAZIA RICEVUTA - Guido & Maurizio De Angelis (DPDM011)
    "Digitmovies is pleased to present, for the first time on CD, complete edition, the OST of the Guido & Maurizio De Angelis brothers for the movie "Between Miracles" directed in 1970 by Nino Manfredi and starring Nino Manfredi. For this CD, in addition to the stereo master tapes of the original album, we have also included the single version of "W S Eusebio" sung by the protagonist, and we also had access to the mono master tapes of the recording sessions that allowed us to include every note recorded for the film (37:40) with the total time of 69:56."
  13. Over at Intrada, somebody asked about Halloween themed scores for October, and Roger said two were coming in October. Another user posted a list of titles they wanted, to which Roger chimed in -- even though the list wasn't made specifically to ask him -- and said they are in there. Here's the list:

The Addams Family (Marc Shaiman) [Paramount Pictures / Orion Pictures]
    Ernest Scared Stupid (Bruce Arnston, Kirby Shelstad) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Hocus Pocus (John Debney) [Walt Disney Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Pet Sematary (Elliot Goldenthal) [Paramount Pictures]
    Dracula (John Williams) [Universal Pictures]
    Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (Frank Skinner) [Universal Pictures]
    Salem's Lot (Harry Sukman) [Warner Bros. / CBS]
    Spaced Invaders (David Russo) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Practical Magic (Alan SilvestrI / Michael Nyman combo set) [Warner Bros.]
    Dark City (Trevor Jones) [New Line Cinema]
    Once Bitten (John Du Prez) [The Samuel Goldwyn Company]
    Nightbreed (Danny Elfman) [20th Century Fox / Morgan Creek]
    Flatliners (James Newton Howard) [Columbia Pictures]
    Tremors (Ernest Troost) [Universal Studios]
    Child's Play 2 (Graeme Revell) [Universal Studios]

Now, we know they have access to Disney, Touchstone, and Universal, so here's the list narrowed down -- two of these are coming in October (MV has previously stated "Practical Magic" isn't possible right now):

Ernest Scared Stupid (Bruce Arnston, Kirby Shelstad) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Hocus Pocus (John Debney) [Walt Disney Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Dracula (John Williams) [Universal Pictures]
    Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein (Frank Skinner) [Universal Pictures]
    Spaced Invaders (David Russo) [Touchstone Pictures / Buena Vista Pictures]
    Tremors (Ernest Troost) [Universal Studios]
    Child's Play 2 (Graeme Revell) [Universal Studios]

It seems to me a given "Hocus Pocus" is one.
  14. Weeding out some of the unlikely titles got rid of a few interesting titles. I've always heard people rave about Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein but I have no idea of this one at all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2013
    Well, the film is excellent!
    Easily Abbott & Costello's best.
    But the score (as I seem to remember) plays it fairly straight. Didn't really stand out though it fit very well in the early forties Universal Monsters style.
  15. Martijn wrote
    Well, the film is excellent!
    Easily Abbott & Costello's best.
    But the score (as I seem to remember) plays it fairly straight. Didn't really stand out though it fit very well in the early forties Universal Monsters style.

I would have seen it when I was younger - I was (and still am) a big A&C fan. Looking at some clips now, the score does seem to be ticking all the boxes for what you would associate with a Universal horror movie of the time. But that's good.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't seen Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein since I was a kid goat
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2013 edited
    It's not been on TV for ages. Last time it was on that I saw was during Dr. Satan's Night Of Terror on the BBC...back in 1992!

Yeah, while Tim was out scaling the Himalayas I was scouring around for old films.
    Kinda puts things into perspective.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2013 edited
    lol

....'ang on!? I missed Dr. Satan's Night of Terror on BBC slant cry
  16. My heart jumped a little when I saw Flatliners on that list...then I read more closely and saw it was just the wish list. Shame, I'd kill to hear "Redemption" in good sound quality...
  17. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    My heart jumped a little when I saw Flatliners on that list...then I read more closely and saw it was just the wish list. Shame, I'd kill to hear "Redemption" in good sound quality...

Guess who else? I also would like to have a best-of-JNH CD with re-recorded suites of all these beautiful choral highlights of his.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    My heart jumped a little when I saw Flatliners on that list...then I read more closely and saw it was just the wish list. Shame, I'd kill to hear "Redemption" in good sound quality...

Guess who else? I also would like to have a best-of-JNH CD with re-recorded suites of all these beautiful choral highlights of his.

Volker

That's actually a good idea for a playlist!
    I am extremely serious.
  18. After those false rumors a couple years ago about an expanded "Midnight Run" (Elfman), today LLLR's chimed in the FSM thread on the score:

Save your money

That is all

MV