• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010
    It's criminal how short that "Don't Think About Elephants" track is. Cut off just when it's getting good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010 edited
    Word has it Don't Think About Elephants is in fact another 7+ minute track that just has an error. I'm sure it will be fixed anytime soon, since it's rather sloppy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2010
    BobdH wrote
    Word has it Don't Think About Elephants is in fact another 7+ minute track that just has an error. I'm sure it will be fixed anytime soon, since it's rather sloppy.

Really? Word from whom? It'd be nice to get another 7minute track is this is true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010
    fixed!!!

a 5 minuts action track from the final climax!1 punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    fixed!!!

a 5 minuts action track from the final climax!1 punk punk punk

OOOOH!!!!!DLed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Great tracks, especially Don't Think About Elephants which is a terrific classic Zimmer action cue. Can't understand why they didn't release it with the original album.

Projections is nice too with a more robust reprise of the Dream Is Collapsing theme.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    Can't understand why they didn't release it with the original album.

So you'd buy it from Verizon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010 edited
    Ah yes. Good move that they released these for free though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Very cool tracks! punk

I missed the music from the hotel fight scene, which is now included in the last track as part of the finale.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't remember a thing about the music other than the places it was loud. Will need to give it another listen.

Do the bonus tracks fit well at the end of the album or do they sound better amongs the other tracks?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Anthony wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Can't understand why they didn't release it with the original album.

So you'd buy it from Verizon.

But they still ended up releasing it through email requests anyway...
  1. Anthony wrote
    I can't remember a thing about the music other than the places it was loud. Will need to give it another listen.

Do the bonus tracks fit well at the end of the album or do they sound better amongs the other tracks?

Don't bother putting Projections anywhere with the album, it's basically a film cut of the score, so listen to it when you feel like hearing the score as heard in film

I guess Don't Think of Elephants would go well with Paradox?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2010 edited
    I think these tracks didn't make it to the soundtrack because they basically contain yet another version of the Dream Is Collapsing theme. Don't think the album could've handled it. Plus, they're rather messy in composition, as opposed to the better constructed album tracks. I like the chaos of Elephants, and its 'wall of sound' aspect is what glued me to the screen in the final act, but it's in quality a league down from the CD music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I rather agree with Bobdh.

"Elphants" it's really effective in the movie and it's more coherent with the rest of the score than "Mombasa" but it's also a very simplistic and generic action cue.( I even think it's composed by Lorne). Anyway, I think we need this track because it's a represetation of the 15 minutes action climax.

About "projections" ,while I notice his tricks ( there are Zimmer suites put together), has some really powerful electronic bits on it and it's the only real "score" track so you can listen what the movie is telling.

I'm happy really happy with those tracks, and now being watched the movie and with a more complete "picture" of what Zimmer has done, Inception is one of my favourite Zimmer scores.
  2. So I'm not the only one who thinks that Don't Think of Elephants is Lorne Balfe. biggrin

Projections nicely shows what happens with the score in film, yes.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Inception is one of my favourite Zimmer scores.

You do realise that you're special, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2010
    Perserverance Records releases Rain Man.

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag, I might as well spill the beans. We are indeed working on Zimmer's Rain Man, not Young's Hard Rain. The reference to Chris Young was in connection to his Unforgettable score that will be out later this year, completely different from the Intrada promo from 1997.

Our license from MGM limits the run to 2,000 copies. It should be out as soon as possible, considering we have a contractual release date of October 1, 2010. I might actually put it in the Yahoo store before then, just so I have enough money to finance the production of the album. The album will go for $18.95 and come with a 12 page booklet, maybe 16 if Hans and Barry Levinson can tell us about the score and the way it works in the movie.

Hope this clears things up.

-> http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    Thomas wrote
    Perserverance Records releases Rain Man.

Well, now that the cat is out of the bag, I might as well spill the beans. We are indeed working on Zimmer's Rain Man, not Young's Hard Rain. The reference to Chris Young was in connection to his Unforgettable score that will be out later this year, completely different from the Intrada promo from 1997.

Our license from MGM limits the run to 2,000 copies. It should be out as soon as possible, considering we have a contractual release date of October 1, 2010. I might actually put it in the Yahoo store before then, just so I have enough money to finance the production of the album. The album will go for $18.95 and come with a 12 page booklet, maybe 16 if Hans and Barry Levinson can tell us about the score and the way it works in the movie.

Hope this clears things up.

-> http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0

That's very cool. I just hope I'm around when it's released, coz this one is going to go real fast. And it's one I really want.
    I am extremely serious.

3. Hi Thomas,

I've been away from the forum for quite some time so I didn't notice the 'on e-mail request' download thingy. So thank you for making the available this way.

I'm having a listen right now.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010 edited
    Bollywood websites have been reporting that Zimmer has signed up to score for Shahrukh Khan's RA One. I don't believe it. But I'll post it so that someone can confirm this as false and make me win the bet with my room-mate.

Shah Rukh Khan has apparently roped in Hans Zimmer of The Dark Knight and The Lion King fame, to compose music for his home production.

With time, Hans agreed to come on board.”

Apparently, Hans has refused several Bollywood offers in the past and this time, he has agreed to make an exception for Shah Rukh’s film RA.One.

Well surely, but the buzz is that Hans has been paid a whopping 2 crore just to compose the background music for the film.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/ … ional.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2010 edited
    I thought Ilaiyaraaja was composing for that one? If it's HZ indeed, it will be very interesting (though sadly there almost certainly will be no score release).
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited
    Oscar Watch: Hans Zimmer Talks Inception Score

In video, 4 parts.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/thompsononho … 0/zimmer/#
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited
    Source: Lakeshore Records

Hans Zimmer teams up again with Lorne Balfe

Megamind (Music From The Motion Picture)
    Various Artists and Original Music by Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe

01. Giant Blue Head - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    02. Tightenville (Hal's Theme) - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    03. Bad To The Bone – George Thorogood & The Destroyers
    04. Stars and Tights - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    05. Crab Nuggets - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    06. A Little Less Conversation (Junkie XL Remix) – Elvis Presley
    07. Mel-On-Cholly - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    08. Ollo - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    09. Roxanne (Love Theme) - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    10. Alone Again Naturally - Gilbert O'Sullivan
    11. Drama Queen - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    12. Rejection In The Rain - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    13. Lovin’ You - Minnie Riperton
    14. Black Mamba - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    15. Game Over - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    16. I’m The Bad Guy - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe
    17. Evil Lair - Hans Zimmer and Lorne Balfe

More info / cd cover:
    http://scoremagacine.blogspot.com/2010/ … score.html
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    I love that Elvis/JXL remix cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap that's a pretty well known track, that Junkie XL dude created some really good tunes through the years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm even interested in hearing the score, I was one of those who liked the Sherlock Holmes score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorLars
    a few samples from megamind

http://www.myspace.com/megamindsoundtrack
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    What an awful cover.
    Definitely going to be redesigning THAT one for my own collection... shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Anyone know how much Hans actually worked on this score, or if he's just credited for marketing's sake?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2010
    I'd suspect it's the 2nd case, but without having any clues yet.