• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2010
    I haven't heard Vangelis score, so I'm out. :/
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2010
    Bregt wrote
    I listened to Inception but I think I heard a different cd than what a lot of people are describing above? I don't see why it is so different or more refined or ... It's cool music, but rather same-ish?

Do I really have to listen to it again (well, except for the Journey to the Line with rock guitars at the end)?

It's a great homage to decades' past; and it's very coherent, also on album, in huge difference to what regularly gets out in the medium these days.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt wrote
    I listened to Inception but I think I heard a different cd than what a lot of people are describing above? I don't see why it is so different or more refined or ... It's cool music, but rather same-ish?

Do I really have to listen to it again (well, except for the Journey to the Line with rock guitars at the end)?

It's a great homage to decades' past; and it's very coherent, also on album, in huge difference to what regularly gets out in the medium these days.

An homenage or a copy?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    9 more days until I can listen to Inception on CD for the first time...and I've read enough opinions here to make me feel like I know it intimately biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    9 more days until I can listen to Inception on CD for the first time...and I've read enough opinions here to make me feel like I know it intimately biggrin

Unless all you've been reading is Jordi's comments, from which, you'll think that two to three tracks are okay and you hate the whole score but might like it after seeing the movie though you still don't like the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think by now I've been through enough "summers with Jordi and Zimmer" to be able to discern truth from error... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Scribe wrote

Unless all you've been reading is Jordi's comments, from which, you'll think that two to three tracks are okay and you hate the whole score but might like it after seeing the movie though you still don't like the album.

it is a good album. And it is good music. But I have the same problems when I notice too much influences from other composers in the music. And the Vangelis-like synths and "night at the opera" copy and paste distracts me from the listening experience.

It's good. With some great pieces of music. But it's not Zimmer best score since the thin red line either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010
    Oh it is, and it's not copy-pasting. He's inspired by the past.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Oh it is, and it's not copy-pasting. He's inspired by the past.

Oh! ok!

:wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2010 edited
    I'm so happy that Zimmer is having fun again composing scores....

Angels And demons, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes and Inception can't be more pure, inventive and!

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Inception can't be more inventive

Aaaaaand it's another edition of the summerly Jordi flip-flop! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    I'm so happy that Zimmer is having fun again composing scores....

Angels And demons, The Dark Knight, Sherlock Holmes and Inception can't be more pure, inventive and!

beer

sleep <--not Zimmer, just Jordi rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Already posted perhaps:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVkQ0C4qDvM

So,is this just freaky talk?

I still have to see the movie though.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If that IS what Zimmer did (and it certainly sounds possible), that's friggin awesome. punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Indeed, it sounds incredible and if it's his thought, it's spot on. Otherwise the guy's just a conspiracy theory douche.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Even if it wasn't intended by Zimmer, I think the guy deserves at least some merit for noticing it. I don't think he's a douche.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not that similar anyway, anything you'll slow down chances are it'll probably sound like something else. I think if you go looking for this stuff and spend so much time for it, it's a bit pathetic. But it's just my opinion anyway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Hmm, I don't think it's one of those things you'd spend ages looking for; you'd probably need to know what you were looking for before you found it. dizzy

Chances are he probably noticed it and decided to share his thoughts. I don't see what's wrong with that... after all, isn't that what we all do here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2010 edited
    Well, it's quite easy. Both use a rhythm, and the one is faster than the other. So if you slow down the one rhythm, it becomes like the other rhythm.

It's almost magic!

On a side note, the word rhythm is a most difficult word to write! Just think of the foreigners!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt wrote
    On a side note, the word rhythm is a most difficult word to write! Just think of the foreigners!

It's a bitch of a word. Much like sy...py...psy...psychology. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Constantly arguing about who copies who and who gets inspired by what instead of sitting back and enjoying the actual music, is pretty lame in the first place; it's the kind of discussions i can't really be bothered to read anymore and it what's starting to bother me in film score boards. Now, if you go further down the road and actually slow things down in order to track those, yes it's pretty lame in my books smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Actually I think he was making a point about how clever it is that Zimmer may have slowed down the source music and incorporated it into his own score. I agree with him. (Thankfully this guy is not Jordi.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hm, okay if it's like that then i am obviously wrong. Blame it on Jordi my friend, i am fed up with this kind of discussions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, I'm fed up of Jordi too.

But in this case, I think the guy is trying to make a genuinely worthy point. A little geeky perhaps, but so are we for discussing it on a forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Right. So that is basically what I've mentioned on several occasions on here already. Also that it is credited as such in the booklet of the soundtrack. So, yes, he did this on purpose, and no, it isn't exactly kept a secret. Unless everybody downloads the score. So, how everybody is treating it as some 'big reveal' is quite revealing in a whole other way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You said that? shocked biggrin

I didn't knew, sorry! I thought you meant the odd reference in one of the tracks, which was quite obvious. smile

Thanks for clearing that up. The guy clearly did not buy the score. And IS actually a douche. biggrin

Btw Bob, check your mail. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote
    Btw Bob, check your mail. wink

I saw the mail while at work, illegally, and will awnser tomorrow. Really tired at the moment (still from the vacation actually), and mainly using my iPod. Will also make some payments tomorrow smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven,

To be fair, Jordi isn't the only one doing it and i am not fed up with him strictly speaking. I get your point though. smile

But the notion shared by many people, i.e. everyone rushing and ranting in a competition-like race to find out who and what is copied in every new score, is really tiring me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yes, it is rather boring.

Though sometimes it's relevant to a discussion. Sometimes the influence is so strong, or so important to the music, it's odd not to mention it. But Jordi takes it WAY too far.

BobdH wrote
    Right. So that is basically what I've mentioned on several occasions on here already. Also that it is credited as such in the booklet of the soundtrack. So, yes, he did this on purpose, and no, it isn't exactly kept a secret. Unless everybody downloads the score. So, how everybody is treating it as some 'big reveal' is quite revealing in a whole other way.

Ah, righto. I haven't been keeping apprise of Inception discussions, plus I don't have the booklet.

But that is pretty cool. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Hm, okay if it's like that then i am obviously wrong. Blame it on Jordi my friend, i am fed up with this kind of discussions.

What I exactly did? dizzy