• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010
    Well, youtube isn't the best place to hear music but from what I've heard I quite like it, I'm not a Zimmer fan so I won't be in any rush but I can see myself getting this somewhere down the line.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    Well, youtube isn't the best place to hear music but from what I've heard I quite like it, I'm not a Zimmer fan so I won't be in any rush but I can see myself getting this somewhere down the line.

It's half of the road.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...and then I fall into a chasm?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    ...and then I fall into a chasm?

What this score is? it's not dissonant enough. it's not experimental enough. it's not melodic enough. Mindblowing? only 2 tracks...

It's the middle of the road. I can't choose this score because it doesn't have a concret mood. Maybe after to watch the movie..
  1. Doesn't have a concrete mood? It sticks to a very precisely set sound design. It has a very coherent atmosphere. To me it's something very concrete, a certain ambience.

It's not maybe as cool as Angels and Demons (which I like) or King Arthur (which I hate), but there is clearly something to it. And definitely there is thought put in it. Very intelligent, to me the best Zimmer work since Da Vinci Code. There aren't highlights, really, it's a "whole-listen" score to me.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I think it will be a lot more powerful and mood-creating once it's experienced in the context of the film.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    King Arthur (which I hate),.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
  2. I do.
  3. I like quite a few of Zimmer's scores, but I'd have to put King Arthur in the category of his work that I don't appreciate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    Are you all listening to the streaming version of inception and characterizing it as your 'first listen'?

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Well, I am having my third listen to that stream. I can't get over Mombasa.

Do you not like Mombasa?

I love it!

Doesn't it sound like a take on Synchrotone?

Old Souls is such a nice contemplative piece. Sounds like a late 80s era Hans, albeit very refined.
  4. It's a mix of Hijack (MI2), Synchrotone (BHD) and... Why So Serious, a bit more refined though.

I like the Vangelis approach to Old Souls and Waiting for a Train.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    King Arthur (which I hate),.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

It's one of those scores that are so brainlessly derivative that it becomes a chore to listen to after a while. It does have good materials in there, but it's so little in comparison to the length of the score itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's a mix of Hijack (MI2), Synchrotone (BHD) and... Why So Serious, a bit more refined though.

QFT! Seems like there's an emotional arc riding through those pieces.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    PawelStroinski wrote
    It's a mix of Hijack (MI2), Synchrotone (BHD) and... Why So Serious, a bit more refined though.

So i do.
  5. hey everyone.

i am a hans zimmer fan, however i wanted to ask a few simple questions after listening to the sound track.

firstly i do a sport which requires using interpretive music to perform, currently one of my music pieces i am using is sherlock holmes and the other i am wanting to make inception.

i loved the piece by zack hemsey (mind heist) however it was only 2 minsish in length and i need a 4 and a half minute piece (ofcourse i usually grab a whole lot of tracks from the sound track and get them spliced together). i have listened to the soundtrack and there are a few pieces i can use however the main reason i am writing on this forum is to ask if someone has found the music to the second trailer of inception anywhere??? im talking about the one that sounds like mind heist and has that feel of the 528491 piece (it is also roughly 1:20 mins in length)...

the reason is because the music used in that trailer is exactly the other half of music ive been looking for. i read earlier that it was done by hans zimmers team with lorne balfe and richard king but i have looked everywhere and can only find an mp3 of it with the actual words from the trailer... does anyone know if this trailer music will be available, if so when and where? mind heist is ridiculously easy to find but the 2nd trailer music is really good too and hasnt been posted anywhere.

Christodoulides u seemed to know alot about the trailer music Id love any help possible smile

sorry for writing an essay its a great soundtrack!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2010 edited
    Don't know if this is a new video, but it's pretty cool... HZ and JNH in a live performance of The Dark Knight:
    http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/newsite.php?rub=news&id_news=771
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010 edited
    punk
    On The Score interview with Hans Zimmer about Inception.

It’s a composer’s job to unlock the imagination of their directors, translating their flights of fantasy into melody. Few musical dreamweavers have shown as much imaginative dexterity in that regard as Hans Zimmer. Yet even fewer directors have given Zimmer a true match for his talent like Christopher Nolan, whose enigmatic oeuvre consists of such head scratchers as “Memento,” “Insomnia” and “The Prestige,” not to mention two movies featuring The Dark Knight, whose imposing bleakness was abetted by the anti-hero rhythms of Zimmer and James Newton Howard.

If hearing Nolan’s imagination was a tough nut for Zimmer to crack before, then his new film “Inception” takes the filmmaker’s intellectual bent to spectacularly inscrutable heights. It’s a brain-bending, sci-fi tinted mix of “Mission Impossible,” impeccably dressed James Bond action and enough meditations on the nature of humanity and dreams to make Carlos Castaneda scratch his head. Providing a thematic through line to “Inception”‘s multiple, and insanely complicated plains of dream action is an equally surreal, and beautifully thrilling score by Hans Zimmer. He’s given “Inception” an unceasing atmosphere where “Blade Runner” synth vibes swim with adrenalin guitar builds by Smiths’ guitarist Johnny Marr, emotional anguish and booming percussion that drive Nolan’s dreams without end. And in a thoroughly engaging film that’s almost defiant of its sci-fi origins, it’s Zimmer’s music that truly places Nolan’s thought processes in a sonically surreal realm, his dazzling themes the glue on which “Inception”’s complicated story hangs together. For if this director has truly jumped into the rabbit hole here, than Hans Zimmer has gleefully followed with his most deliriously imaginative score yet.

Now on a new episode of “On the Score,” the composer lets us invade his mind to see what ticks behind this unique, and hypnotic score that plays like a waking dream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2010
    That is like, the biggest hyperlink ever. shocked
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    That is like, the biggest hyperlink ever. shocked

It's like you can't help but click on it. shocked biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    sometimes Zimmer interviews sound better than the actual score he is talking about tongue

Anyway, I want all this action stuff he talk about!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Artworks wrote
    Don't know if this is a new video, but it's pretty cool... HZ and JNH in a live performance of The Dark Knight:
    http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/newsite.php?rub=news&id_news=771

What was that sparkling iPaddy thing Hans is playing with...? uhm

and JNH looks so cool
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Showy stuff.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Markwebster,

I don't know if anything else than ZACK HAMSEY's mind heist mp3 actually exists out there; i'd say if you want more duration, create a loop of that cue at some point in it where it's suitable, by crossfading the 2 wav files in an audio editing software, such as the free audacity or the payware adobe audition 3. That piece, and Zimmer's cue 6 and 9 from Inception is what we have 'till now, except if there's some material out there which i haven't heard of.
  6. thanks for the input christodoulides,

just to clarify which piece im refering to im talking about the music to this trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XzUYd6 … eature=fvw

im not unbelievable with software editing so im more just looking for the actual piece of music.

it seems kind of stupid to create music for a trailer and not have it available with the soundtrack or seperately especially when it is awesome haha.

any more insight would be welcome smile
  7. oh and when will the bonus tracks be available smile is it possible they might be the trailer music? or contain the trailer music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    markwebster wrote
    it seems kind of stupid to create music for a trailer and not have it available with the soundtrack or seperately especially when it is awesome haha.

Happens a lot, actually...especially when the trailer music isn't composed by the principal film composer.
    So all you can do is just wait and see...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    http://www.ustream.tv/inceptionpremiere

Inception's live performance. after the trailer and interviews!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    My second time listening to this album, and I'm starting hear all the different recurring motifs and thematic material. Kinda dig this album a lot more now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I haven't listened to it much yet, nor will i do so soon 'cause i am out of the home these days and for the next 2 weeks, but from the first few listens i loved it; ZImmer's very unique with this sound and he's one of the few these days who can make a good synth score without sounding crap.