• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008
    NP : THE GOLDEN COMPASS - Alexandre Desplat

I've really warmed to this score, I thought it was good after the first listen but on repeated listens I find it more and more rewarding.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008 edited
    NP: Total Recall Deluxe Edition

I can't get enough of it. At the first sigh, I thought this score was too loud and repetitive...with the time I think it's one of the greatest music achievements.

the fusion between National Philarmonic, Tecno and Synthetisers are still a top to bit in the SCI FIC scores.

"Clever Girl" and "the treatmen" are my favourite action track...With this little motif for the Vilians.....
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Total Recall Deluxe Edition

I can't get enough of it. At the first sigh, I thought this score was too loud and repetitive...with the time I think it's one of the greatest music achievements.

the fusion between National Philarmonic, Tecno and Synthetisers are still a top to bit in the SCI FIC scores.

"Clever Girl" and "the treatmen" are my favourite action track...With this little motif for the Vilians.....

I played this the other day, one of the most kick-ass scores ever composed!

And this one I'm playing now is brilliant too....

NP : JAWS 2 - John Williams

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2008 edited
    NP:The Edge (Goldsmith)

Terrifici main theme...but is it the only thing worth to this score? No! it has some terrific suspense and dense action writting by Goldsmith.

Definetly a score to investigate. Sadly too short...

"Birds" is one of this cues full of adventure and wonderness!
    • CommentAuthormirdle
    Battlestar Galactica Season 2 -Bear McCreary

Can't get enough of this great listening experience! My favorite of the BSG CDs by McCreary.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    mirdle wrote
    Battlestar Galactica Season 2 -Bear McCreary

Can't get enough of this great listening experience! My favorite of the BSG CDs by McCreary.

You're quite right mirdle. Season 2 is a great album! I've been listening to it along with Season 3 lately and they are both very good. Overall Season 3 gets an extra point from me due to the stronger musical developement. But both albums are terrific. Season 1 has its good points too. But it's 2 & 3 that rule..................so far!
  1. Season 3 is very good. I find Season 2 a bit thin on the ground, New Agey and ethnic. (Though it has some highlights, for sure.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008
    NP: James Newton Howard in 2007

In ascending order of quality:

Michael Clayton [Standout track: Erm... ]
    The Lookout [Standout track: To Be Forgiven]
    Charlie Wilson's War [Standout track: Turning The Tide; an at first unusual but very addictive cue.]
    The Great Debaters (with Peter Golub) [Standout track: James' Failure; for that piano solo.]
    I Am Legend [Standout track: Either The Pier or Reunion; powerful stuff.]
    The Water Horse: Legend Of The Deep [Standout track: Swimming; the sheer number of different elements in this one cue makes it one of the most listenable he's ever written, IMO.]

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tombstone | Bruce Broughton

Nothing like one of your favourite scores to wake up to after a rather heavy night.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

Nothing like one of your favourite scores to wake up to after a rather heavy night.

Heh, do you get that too where hangovers lead to listening to music for hours on end? tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah. Film music sounds SO good after a heavy night!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Only then, eh? tongue
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote

Having listened to this for the millionth time now, this guy is NOT overrated... he's underrated! angry
  2. Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

Having listened to this for the millionth time now, this guy is NOT overrated... he's underrated! angry

It's a wonderful score. Have you also heard TRUE WOMEN, one of his late 90s western scores?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Only the [wonderful] two tracks on the Double Feature promo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    franz_conrad wrote
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

It's a wonderful score. Have you also heard TRUE WOMEN, one of his late 90s western scores?

Or O Pioneers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    O Pioneers is a wonderful score! There's a little motif/theme in there that sounds very similar the Pirates of the Caribbean main theme. (Although I very much doubt that's where Zimmer got his idea for the theme from.)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Only then, eh? tongue

For some unexplained reason it sounds better after alcohol. Maybe it's because everything else going on in your head during a hangover sucks so much? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Air Force One (Goldsmith)

The original realease, I have enough with that.

I never have enjoyed the main theme ( neither his brother from First Knight) but the action stuff is some of the most vibrant since Rambo.

I prefer much more this score, than the Newman one thought.

HIjack beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Only then, eh? tongue

For some unexplained reason it sounds better after alcohol. Maybe it's because everything else going on in your head during a hangover sucks so much? wink

The funny thing about a "morning after" is that I have to play loud 'in your face' scores, the opposite of what most might think which would be something gentle?!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

Only then, eh? tongue

The funny thing about a "morning after" is that I have to play loud 'in your face' scores, the opposite of what most might think which would be something gentle?!

lol, that's exactly what I do as well. If I play quiet stuff and I'm hungover it usually really annoys me. Loud music seems soothing to the head! dizzy

AVPR is the new favourite. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

lol, that's exactly what I do as well. If I play quiet stuff and I'm hungover it usually really annoys me. Loud music seems soothing to the head! dizzy

Exactly!

AVPR is the new favourite. tongue

Double exactly!!

n.p. AVP:R (BRIAN TYLER)

Damn punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Is your review up yet? I'm interested to see your thoughts! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not yet shame I've been a very bad boy lately, i have a huge pile of updates i have to sort out! shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    True Demetris, we want your review of AVP:R. And then the one for Rambo, which I hope will be in the same vein.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE CHASE - John Barry

Very good 60's score from Barry with a great main title theme.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    True Demetris, we want your review of AVP:R. And then the one for Rambo, which I hope will be in the same vein.

Well atleast we know he likes it now. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Hehe, only somebody living in a cave in the middle of nowhere didn´t know it biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Hehe, only somebody living in a cave in the middle of nowhere didn´t know it biggrin

Aww, why is it always a cave. There might be a cave with an internet connection, power supply and a person living in it going on MainTitles. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Marselus wrote

Aww, why is it always a cave. There might be a cave with an internet connection, power supply and a person living in it going on MainTitles. tongue

LOL!
    Touché.