• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008
    He's the most awesome, pixar-like baby ever!!!!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Referring to Jack-Jack, Demetris?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yeah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP: Jason and the argonauts (Herrman)

Im really attracted by the thematic of the movie, but I find the music a little bit...I don't know, hard to listen....

Im looking for the Mysterious Island, I don't know if it will be the same feeling with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I do NOT. At all. slant

You will... one day! They are awesome!

-Erik-

I'll love MY baby if ever such a thing comes into existence, but I'll still dislike every other baby on the planet! biggrin

Really? Even with a face like this...
    http://dillusions.netfirms.com/erikwood … 2/0007.jpg

or this
    http://dillusions.netfirms.com/erikwood … 8/0009.jpg

wink

-Erik-

That's not fair! Not every kid is as cute as that! slant

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: Jason and the argonauts (Herrman)

Im really attracted by the thematic of the movie, but I find the music a little bit...I don't know, hard to listen....

Im looking for the Mysterious Island, I don't know if it will be the same feeling with it.

Dood... if you find Jason to be hard to listen to then I guarantee you won't make it past the first few tracks of Mysterious Island!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : KING RAT - John Barry

Oddly poignant yet sinister score from Barry's incredibly inventive 60's period.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION - Thomas Newman

Brilliant score, brilliant film! cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

Yeah...Sadly Frank Darabont had to stop his obsession with Stephen King after this one.

NP:Finding Nemo

I don't like Thomas Newman but I have to say his sound it's perfect for the landscape of the movie.

About the listening....I find the first cues quite interesting but I can't keep my interest until the end.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Yeah...Sadly Frank Darabont had to stop his obsession with Stephen King after this one.

NP:Finding Nemo

I don't like Thomas Newman but I have to say his sound it's perfect for the landscape of the movie.

About the listening....I find the first cues quite interesting but I can't keep my interest until the end.

Darabont recently did King's The Mist, no Newman this time, score by Mark Isham.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Tudors - Trevor Morris

I really like it. The main title is very cool and I like how modern the entire score sounds even when using traditional instruments - I imagine it worked really well in the mini-series itself. The music itself is quiet and intimate for the most part, very light and ethereal with some nice use of voices. Morris tries his best to make each cue fresh and interesting and there is one noticable theme (a love theme?) that is repeated throughout. The last cue reminds me of Zimmer in the way in which he uses one repeating theme which builds over a four minute track length. I gots to look out for this guy in the future.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Agent Cody Banks | John Powell

Kazooooooooos!! Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    NP: The Jane Eyre Theme, from 40 Years Of Film Music - John Williams.

Gosh, I've got to get a copy of this score. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Pat wrote

Yes.
    You do.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Pat wrote

Yes.
    You do.

Double X Double yes you do!

One of Williams top 5 scores IMO cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Aviator

Oh...Annoying. Oh dood..annoying....

Im trying to not play the "stop" button from my cd player but my soul is weak.....
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Sea of Dreams - Luis Bacalov
    Purchased solely on the opinion of Demetris
    It sounds like Morricone! Well not quite, but here are some composers that have a certain...European sound that you rarely hear by American composers, and its definitely here.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008
    Nautilus wrote

Im trying to not play the "stop" button from my cd player but my soul is weak.....

Which composer is that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Which composer is that?

Howard Shore?
  1. I think THE AVIATOR is a great score. In some respects, it's more interesting than LORD OF THE RINGS.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: Sea Wolf the original OST-Korngold

The orchestration is certainly different from the Chandos but clearly inferior in audio quality being mono with hiss in the background and having that treble shrilly sound to it.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think THE AVIATOR is a great score. In some respects, it's more interesting than LORD OF THE RINGS.

I agree. Compositional-wise, it's one of Shore's most mature works.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Rudy - Jerry Goldsmith
    First listen. I like what i hear, of course!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP There Will Be Blood (Jonny Greenwood)

This thing is getting on my nervs. I´ve always found quite depressing and unlistenable an only string driven score, and this one is of that kind....it really makes me go nuts. I was looking forward the movie (I love PT Anderson´s "Magnolia"), but if all the music is like this then, well, I prefer to repeat AVP2. A score which will never listen again.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2008 edited
    NP: Army of Two - Trevor Morris
    This is pretty much exactly what you would expect from an RC action game score. If you liked Rupert Gregson-Williams's Battlefield 2: Modern Combat, then this will be your cup of tea.

Although, if you have a powerful enough subwoofer, it might spill your cup of tea. wink

Update: This score (this is my 3rd listen) is also more melodic than the typical action game score...there's hardly a moment when one little motif or another is not carrying the momentum forward
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    NP: 1408 - Gabriel Yared

Second attempt so far. Sorry, but this is abominably boring rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    When does Yared's Troy get a CD release? smile

Never, because then everyone would know how silly they were to replace it with Horner. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    In rapid succesion:
    The Bourne Identity - John Powell
    Superior action scoring. Less thematic than its immediate successor (The Bourne Supremacy), but this is amply compensated by the scores energetic drive. Powell in my opinion has really asserted himself as the master of modern day percussive scoring, and this score in many ways is a crowning achievement with a very high-octane mix of rock and techno elements thrown in.
    Extremely enjoyable listening!
    4 out of 5

The Fight Club - The Dust Brothers
    Sold to me as another techno-influenced score (which I love incidentally), imagine my pleasant surprise in hearing that the overall style is one far more adjacent to trip-hop and ambient than techno! An excellent album for those who generally would enjoy the musical stylings of -say- Tricky, or Portishead. While each track is a fresh surprise, making for a surprisingly entertaining and diverse mix, I should warn you that this particular musical style lends itself to much repetition within each song to create a rather hypnotic effect. *I* like it, but I can well imagine this not being everyone's cup of tea.
    4 out of 5
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Hitman - Geoff Zanelli

Enjoyable, Bourne-influenced action score
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Southall wrote
    Hitman - Geoff Zanelli

Enjoyable, Bourne-influenced action score

you LIKE Hitman?
    Wow....
    sometimes the world just doesn't make any sense.... biggrin