• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Nautilus wrote
    NP:Batman Begins

i saw the new teaser, and the new poster. So I dediced to play it..

Is there something good with this score?

The music? Man, I thought you loved Zimmer... what is there not to love about this score? I played it endlessly, maybe for a year or longer, in my car, and will probably do so before part 2 comes out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007 edited
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Batman Begins

i saw the new teaser, and the new poster. So I dediced to play it..

Is there something good with this score?

The music? Man, I thought you loved Zimmer... what is there not to love about this score? I played it endlessly, maybe for a year or longer, in my car, and will probably do so before part 2 comes out.

I love Zimmer? yes......but probably I dislake more scores from him than Scores I love.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2007
    Erik Woods wrote
    Now, if James Newton Howard was left alone to compose a Batman score on his own... well, now we'd have something to talk about.

-Erik-

Noooo!
    Zimmer is in top form for action / adventure scores. JNH is, well, in a bland and uninteresting moment of his career.
    Moreover, Zimmer said some time ago that he had THE big theme for the second movie. So I´m sure he´ll deliver great stuff plus the previous themes. Wait and see!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Noooo!
    Zimmer is in top form for action / adventure scores. JNH is, well, in a bland and uninteresting moment of his career.

Listen to The Water Horse (especially the final 6 tracks) and come back to me and say that JNH is bland and uninteresting. What's bland and uninteresting is that lazy melody Zimmer calls a theme in Batman. AUGH!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    I'm with Erik here. I did enjoy JNHs contribution to the Batman score. Quite moving in places!
    The same can't be said for much of Zimmer's side to the score.
    I'm seriously enjoying JNHs The Water Horse. I might just see the film too!

NP: The Golden Compass - Desplat

This is a rich score that grows (and glows) with each listen.
    There is so much to be found in this score!
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    I liked a lot Batman Begins, but it's clear it's not for everyone (towarded for mainstream folks, as pretty much everything Zimmer is doing. I have a few friends who arent at all in film music but liked what they heard in BB).
    However, I dont really understand why they need to be two for the series.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    msia2k75 wrote
    However, I dont really understand why they need to be two for the series.

That is a VERY good question.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I liked chunks of BATMAN BEGINS, but this was definitely more a 'guilty pleasure' thing than paragon-of-film-music. I think everyone should be allowed to like a Zimmer score every now and then.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think the problem with BATMAN BEGINS is that most people would actually convince themselves they don't like it as they're too busy with the "what must's" and "what must not's" of film music; it's like it's a sin or something rolleyes
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HARALD KLOSER - the day after tomorrow

I may be the only fan this score has biggrin but i really like it; its melodic pasts sound like they could have been lifted off Zimmer's THE THIN RED LINE (esp. tracks like "hall's plan" and "blizzard" or "human spirit" for instance) and the action is damn generic but overall i love it. I find the themes quite enjoyable and melodic to keep my interest up for the whole duration.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think the problem with BATMAN BEGINS is that most people would actually convince themselves they don't like it as they're too busy with the "what must's" and "what must not's" of film music; it's like it's a sin or something rolleyes

In my case, I don't like it because it's so very bland. I just don't see the point of it.
  3. Christodoulides wrote

I think if you pressed Erik or James, you'll find they genuinely found it quite average. wink

NP: George and the Dragon (Gast Waltzing)

Off to a fiery start! biggrin The second track's not quite so gripping however, with a drumkit and bagpipes both making me feel sick... we'll see where this goes. Whatever I can say about this album, how cool is it that a composer is called Gast Waltzing?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ROQUE BANOS - las 13 Rosas

This is one of the most gorgeous scores released this year; sweepingly melodic, lush and lyrical, it's simply irresistible! I still haven't decided which one's best though; this or Segunda Piel.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote

One of the things that surprises me about the North By Northwest recording is how it was such a surprise when it was announced. Had no-one any idea that it was on the way?

Alan, I've been trying to work out who that is in your avatar. I've narrowed it down to...

Professor David Starkey
    John Major
    Ennio Morricone

At first I thought it was Morricone, but then something doesn't quite look like him...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote

This is one of the most gorgeous scores released this year; sweepingly melodic, lush and lyrical, it's simply irresistible! I still haven't decided which one's best though; this or Segunda Piel.

Re-listened again and my answer to my own question is "Segunda Piel". They come pretty close though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Re-listened again and my answer to my own question is "Segunda Piel". They come pretty close though.

Hehe, me too! 13 Rosas is still a harder one to appreciate but defeitely both are so beautiful.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:The Thin Red Line (Zimmer)

Sadly I don't feel nothing with the movie, so this rest something to this score.

a couple of things :

1- ZImmer is better dramatic composer than action composer.And that's what makes so good this man.( So let JNH make the action stuff In the DArk Knight and Zimmer the dramatic)

2-"The Lagoon" Is almost so good than Journey to the line.

3-I give 20 euros if anyone detects batman begins theme on The Thin Red line
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Nautilus wrote
    3-I give 20 euros if anyone detects batman begins theme on The Thin Red line[/blue]

Ok, it can be heard in Stone In My Heart from 3:35 - end. tongue
  4. Christodoulides wrote
    HARALD KLOSER - the day after tomorrow

I may be the only fan this score has biggrin

I wouldn´t say I´m a fan, but I love the Main Theme very much, can´t get enough of it. I think it is absolutely perfect for this movie and reflects the dramatic endoftheworld feeling to the point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Thomas wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    3-I give 20 euros if anyone detects batman begins theme on The Thin Red line[/blue]

Ok, it can be heard in Stone In My Heart from 3:35 - end. tongue

Dammed! too late to edit my post... tongue

But He have a WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Prince Of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

Even the character songs kick ass! Brilliant score!

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    I think if you pressed Erik or James, you'll find they genuinely found it quite average. wink

Nope. I refuse to play it. I don't think I ever will again. I hated it I tells ya... HATED IT!

NP: Titanic - James Horner

Revisiting an old friend. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love this score. I played it countless times back in '97 but haven't revisited it in quite some time. You know what... this is one of the best produced album I've ever listened to. A very nice flow from one cue to the next all the way to the end. And this was Shawn Murphy's last recording for Horner... too bad really because Simon Rhodes has only managed few good recordings (The Mask of Zorro, The Four Feathers just to name few) since teaming up with Horner for Deep Impact... one of the worst recordings of all time!!! Murphy managed to shine when recording for Horner... too bad he couldn't do the same for John Williams. slant

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LSH wrote
    NP: The Prince Of Egypt - Hans Zimmer

Even the character songs kick ass! Brilliant score!

punk

Yes indeed! Excellent work all around!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Four Feathers - James Horner

Not particularly one of my favourite or most frequently played Horner scores but I do like that final cue.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hehe, me too! 13 Rosas is still a harder one to appreciate but defeitely both are so beautiful.

Agree. Both scores are gorgeous, but the themes of "Segunda Piel" are perfect, so we have a winner here wink "Las 13 Rosas" is one of this year´s best though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP Partition (Brian Tyler)

After days playing this action packed score that is "AVP-Requiem", I´m moving to the other "side" of Tyler, with this great dramatic score. Amazing themes and subthemes for one of Tyler´s best to date.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    NP Partition (Brian Tyler)

After days playing this action packed score that is "AVP-Requiem", I´m moving to the other "side" of Tyler, with this great dramatic score. Amazing themes and subthemes for one of Tyler´s best to date.

Do you like the Zorro theme eh? tongue

NP:Lust Caution Vs Painted Veil Vs Birth

My favourites Desplats Scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2007
    Right, third time lucky... will this friggin' post survive!!? (Something's up with the site today.)

Die Hard 4.0 | Marco Beltrami

Just seen the film, and I thought the score was very exciting. Fun, non-melodic action score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...it lives!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Unrealeased and Remixed Pirates of Caribbean

76 minutes.You have the best from two Worlds : Orchestra and Dance.

50 minutes of suites ( it's longer than the first cd or Beowolf, so you can consider a score on his own).The Best action stuff from Zimmer.

And read this : I LIKE THE REMIXES! What's wrong with it? I like Alias, I like Mona LIsa Overdrive...I like themes with a techno base! It makes me dance. Am I the only One??

The Ryan Aliison (or whatever it spells) is really a really good remix!