• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    Wow, just finished the Hovercraft Level of Crysis Warhead and what a great ride! And the score for this particular level is really exciting.

So far the game is pretty good, more action, more explosions and more guns punk The story isn´t as interesting as in the first one but what the hell, it is a sequel, so let the guns talk biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Try that level without using the hovercraft. Much more difficult. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marcel, did you like the score? Great Tyler Rambo stuff.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Try that level without using the hovercraft. Much more difficult. wink

Too much for me tongue

Demetris wrote
    Marcel, did you like the score? Great Tyler Rambo stuff. ;

Yes, very good; agressive percussion and the theme. Really exciting while playing that particular level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Crap. Currently hooked on Fallout 3. So hard, so beautiful, so time-consuming. slant
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Rian wrote
    Crap. Currently hooked on Fallout 3. So hard, so beautiful, so time-consuming. slant

I have it but haven't installed it yet. What is it like?
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote

Seems you have everything, yet you have nothing installed! biggrin

Dude stop asking and go play haha...

I'm in the last level of Warhead and what a ride it's been so far, and the level design is fantastic. I love that non stop action on the train level, which I'm gonna play next time by not going on it... Should be even more intense punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote

Seems you have everything, yet you have nothing installed! biggrin

Dude stop asking and go play haha...

I'm in the last level of Warhead and what a ride it's been so far, and the level design is fantastic. I love that non stop action on the train level, which I'm gonna play next time by not going on it... Should be even more intense punk

When the other trains are running parallel to you on the tracks, rather than using the mounted guns, try jumping between them and killing all the enemies with your fists! Now THAT'S gaming! biggrin punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Christodoulides wrote
    Rian wrote

Big huge environment, they say post-apocalyptic Washington D.C. I've never been to Washington so I couldn't tell. Must be intense for people who actually live in the area. Anyhow, so far the game is ok. I'm having a bit trouble with the limited amount of stuff you can carry, thus limited amount of weapons - as always in Bethesda's games - so I'm waiting for some mod that adds a dimensional pocket like in Oblivion.

There's a great balance in eating and dying. Eat too much (or drink), and you'll get radiation sickness. Don't eat and die of wounds. The action also needs getting used to. When you discover an enemy, you can go into a pause mode in which you can select 3 to 6 actions you automatically take, depending on the stats of your avatar for the weopon you're holding. Each action gives you a percentage of hit probability. It's not entirely original, but it helps you to save some of them scarce bullets. smile Oh, and don't even try to go up against a group of 4 or more people at the start (= without proper armor). Some even carry rocket launchers or mini-nukes. Gore gore goooore!

I'm now something over 9 hours in, and I've barely followed the storyline. Maybe I should shortly, because I never finished Oblivion because of the same reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2008
    Bought Little Big Planet last Friday.

Its ok, but its actually very difficult (IMHO) to make your own levels. I think its way to time consuming for me. But the whole concept is very unique. After messing around to try to create a level, I stopped playing and just played a few rounds of Soul Calibur IV.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  2. Little Big Planet, yeah I know of it, I've seen loads of videos and screens, but I cannot say in all honesty what it's about... Is it a platformer? Is it a sandbox make what you want kind of game? what is the goal? It looks VERY original to me, but it also looks incredibly absurd.

I'm done with Warhead. Now this is what I call an expansion!!!! If it wasn't a lot shorter than Crysis, I would call it a big improvement over the original. A superb action thriller, with plentiful amazing setpieces and one hell of a climactic showdown... But man did my humble rig (AMD dualcore, 8800 GTS 640 and 2 gigs of RAM) have a hard time during the airfield level.

Anybody interested in Fable 2 on Xbox 360? I've yet to play it but it looks like an absolutely gorgeous fantasy action RPG. It's being hailed as one of those rare near perfect games where frustration is reduced to an absolute minimum. Can't wait!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008 edited
    Just got the Quantum of Solace game today. Fricken awesome!
    Gunfights, car chases, proper action and shit! kill
    Though, I have not been able to fire my gun up in the year and go argh!!!! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2008
    omaha wrote

For which platform? I got it for PS2 and it sucks completely, looks and feels like a 10 year-old game.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

For which platform? I got it for PS2 and it sucks completely, looks and feels like a 10 year-old game.

No shit. Why did you buy it for PS2?? Why are they even still making games for the PS2?? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who said buy? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    And the main thing: how about Lennertz´s score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Just finished Crysis: Warhead. Action from start to finish, great cinematics (the one after the train level is specially good), no "Into the Mothership" kinda level (which was graphically stunning but let´s face it, a real pain in the ass to play), and a level, the Trains one, that simply rocks!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    Who said buy? wink

Now I see where you're coming from. 7GB for the PC version is too much. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    After a few months, I've dusted off Audiosurf and gave it another spin. It doesn't work too well with soundtracks, but it's major fun nevertheless.

For those who don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkiMMjkljag
    And currently at $2.5 on Steam.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Hey, that does look like fun!
    Can you actually load your own songs?
    I'd love and try this with some more rhythm-steady soundtrack cues (The Imperial March and such)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Yup! The game reads nearly anything you throw at it. Mp3, flac, mp4, aac, even plain old cd's. As you say, rithm is the key factor of the music you play. Melody has less effect, and because of it, most scores will result in slow-paced tracks. Hmm.. maybe I should try the imperial march smile

I wrote this review something over a year ago: http://www.fragland.net/reviews/Audiosurf/1180/

Only downside; with the recent promotion, servers are overloaded quite often, so the game can't upload your score to the board.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    7GB for the PC version is too much. tongue wink

Not for Mr. Torrent biggrin
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    omaha wrote

I got it for PC and think it is great. The graphics are the best in the world but they are the same as Call of Duty 4, which is just fine for me. The menus are amazing. The score is nice so far. I want to continue listening to it though. It is so weird hearing the guitar and big brass theme come out when you are Craig. I hope Arnold will at least do it in the next movie.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    biggrin

Seriously man, contribute more than " biggrin " every time. I haven't seen a single post from you recently that's not this. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    He contributes plenty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    He contributes plenty.

Absolutely! I really appreciate Pawel's contributions and presense here even if sometimes it's only a biggrin

cool

As I do you too Anthony smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Thanks Steven and Tim, if I find something funny I just show it smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin