• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2008
    What about us full-life freaks?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    DreamTheater wrote
    For all you Half-Life freaks out there... new trailer available for Black Mesa Source, the remake of Half-Life being made by a bunch of very talented individuals in the mod community. I've been following the progress of this mod for 4 years now, and I'm still as excited as I've ever been to play it.

Witness the best PC game of all time for the new generation... the trailer looks totally wicked!!!

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

I learned about the game a year ago, and I can't wait to play it. I'm a big HL2 fan (best game EVER!), but I have never played HL1 before, and I don't want to ruin the experience by playing HL Source with out-dated graphics etc. So hope they release it soon.

BTW. The music on the site - is it new music, or the music from the original game? It's quite good... smile
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    What about us full-life freaks?

Go easy on us half-lifers! We break easily. wink

Artworks wrote

BTW. The music on the site - is it new music, or the music from the original game? It's quite good... smile

Oh I love HL2 too, awesome game, but Half-Life is where the epicness started.

The music is new for the mod, I think.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    For all you Half-Life freaks out there... new trailer available for Black Mesa Source, the remake of Half-Life being made by a bunch of very talented individuals in the mod community. I've been following the progress of this mod for 4 years now, and I'm still as excited as I've ever been to play it.

Witness the best PC game of all time for the new generation... the trailer looks totally wicked!!!

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Best. Mod. Ever. Period.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2009
    Is anybody getting the new GTAIV content? The Lost and the Damned or whatever it's called. I'm downloading as we speak (slowly) and can't wait to play it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now if only they would make San Andreas with the GTA4 engine.
  2. I just started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 and I can see why my brother did all those non mission things, it is so fun and big to run around in the city

And dating has never been any easier biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Now if only they would make San Andreas with the GTA4 engine.

If only they remade GTA London with the GTA4 engine. wink
  3. Ah ha the old 'gaming' topic revived. Swell... beer

Let's see. cheesy

Mirror's Edge (PS3): I had a great time playing this, basically a first person chase/action movie, where you lead the main character over rooftops leaping like crazy and finding a path through hallways, offices, ducts and industrial environments to the next objective. Focusing on puzzling, rather than combat, this game provides a rush to play through and controls are solid and well thought out. Non-violence lovers, this is for you.

Far Cry 2 (PC): Finally finished it, after a good 45-hour playthrough. I thought it was good, but a far cry ( rolleyes ) from being the best shooter. Still the whole exploration, completing objectives and just doing ramdom shit was enough for me to keep me occupied. Still one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

Fable II (XBOX 360): This is a disappointment. From Peter Molyneux and co I would have expected it a lot more polished. Tons of good ideas, but sadly the minor quibbles can get annoying, such as the delay in the controls which make you run about like you're drunk, or the easy combat and poorly implement magic system. Also the story doesn't suck you in like with the first Fable. The music is nice though in the background.

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 (PC): Now this brings back good memories from Red Alert 1 & 2, the wacky brother of the more serious Command & Conquer series (NOD vs GDI). The acting is great from a bunch of well-known Hollywood faces and gameplay is pretty fun too. Naval combat is actually challenging this time around, and with 3 very different sides to choose from (Soviets, Allies and a sinister Japanese faction), there's plenty of fun to be had.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I just started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 and I can see why my brother did all those non mission things, it is so fun and big to run around in the city

Dude you haven't even scratched the surface. See you in a few months time... wave
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Far Cry 2 (PC): Finally finished it, after a good 45-hour playthrough. I thought it was good, but a far cry ( rolleyes ) from being the best shooter. Still the whole exploration, completing objectives and just doing ramdom shit was enough for me to keep me occupied. Still one of the best looking games I've ever seen.

I gave up in the end. I played for ages and ages and ages, and then another area the size of the first map opens up. sleep

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I just started playing Grand Theft Auto 4 and I can see why my brother did all those non mission things, it is so fun and big to run around in the city

Try and do some Team Mafiya Work on multilayer with some mates. Great fun! You compete to steal armored trucks, assassinate people, take cars with bodies in and drop them in the river...awesome!
  5. Anthony wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I gave up in the end. I played for ages and ages and ages, and then another area the size of the first map opens up. sleep

One of the most repetitive games in existence I agree, but the sheer majesty of the African landscape kept me interested. And when the night came at its end I would always witness the dawn in silence: simply gorgeous!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2009
    far cry 2 rules.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    far cry 2 rules.

To be fair, the first one ruled, the 2nd simply governed. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2009
    I've been playing some Mirror's Edge lately on Xbox360. I have to admit i borrowed it from a friend just to get the achievements, because I had already finished it on PC before. tongue

Also, I've bought Left 4 Dead last weekend on Steam (50% off) which turns out to be a not-so-no-brainer where you're one of four survivors in a zombie outbreak. It's basically a co-op game where you have to help each other to reach the escape zone. One game takes between 45 to 1h15 minutes, and it's often quite a ride. smile

I'm waiting for the new GTA IV content, but my MS points are in the mail...
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    In the mail? You know you can just add more online right? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    Anthony wrote
    In the mail? You know you can just add more online right? smile

But it's cheaper on ebay kiss
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh. Shite. shame
  7. Finally began playing with Mirror's Edge, man this is a pretty hard game

I've barely gotten through the 2nd chapter but it sure is challenging
    Okay, the many checkpoints do help but those cops are hard shit, fighting them is not an option!

Still the unique visual look is amazing, even though you don't know where to run from time to time

Great Game
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Still the unique visual look is amazing, even though you don't know where to run from time to time

From what I heard you have to look for certain coloured objects?
  8. Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

yes, but these aren't always visual at first, some are, some glow after a matter of seconds

but when you're being chased by the cops, seconds is what you don't have
    It is still pretty easy to find your way, but there are moments ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2009
    I decided to enhance my simming experience a bit with FALCON 4.0 and LOCK ON; you know. To change the palette a bit with missiles, air combat and missiles apart traveling with the big civilian carrying babes smile wink

All other games should perish in burning hell.
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

yes, but these aren't always visual at first, some are, some glow after a matter of seconds

but when you're being chased by the cops, seconds is what you don't have
    It is still pretty easy to find your way, but there are moments ... wink

If you go at it, Call of Duty style, you'll be dead within a microsecond. The thing to remember is: evade... hide... run like hell. The game forces you to only fight the cops when it's absolutely needed (to open the next part of the level), and don't forget the square button to slow down time... It helps.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2009
    I hope Splinter Cell Conviction is still coming along nicely as we haven't had any more information on it since it was announced two years ago.

The first two games were fantastic. The third got a bit too technical (gadget wise) but was still good fun, and the fourth (double agent) was too run of the mill and over the top. While I'm still hoping for something completely different in the new one, I hope they at least return to some of the things that made the first games great.

I'm not sure what composer I'd bring in for it either. Desplat did the first one but it was a very subdued score, Jack Wall and Lalo Schifrin did the second (which I LOVED with it's cool Mission Impossible style score), Amon Tobin did a fantastic electronics fest on the third) and Michael McCann did a pretty standard drone score for the fourth. To be honest, my favourite has to be Pandora Tomorrow with Schifrin's main theme. cool
  10. Alexandre Desplat scored a GAME?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Yuh, that's what I was thinking? (The projects he chooses doesn't exactly scream "I'll score your game!")
  11. According to IMDB the first Splinter Cell was done by one Michael Richard Plowman. I can't recall Desplat's name in the credits when I played the game. But then I did hardly knew him.

You sure about that Anthony?

I loved the first and third (only ones I played in the series). The voice acting was spot on, and the whole production felt so polished.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2009
    Yup, it's Plowman and Desplat. Maybe Desplat only did the in-between-level movies as I remember them using orchestra while the game featured cold electronics?
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    I bought the new Prince of Persia from play.com for something over 10 euros on April 1st, so I made a very good deal there. The music is fantastic; excellent scoring just like Splinter Cell, only more cheerful smile

And also working through Star Wars: The Force Unleashed at the moment; not bad, but not super great either.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2009
    Rian wrote
    I bought the new Prince of Persia from play.com for something over 10 euros on April 1st, so I made a very good deal there.

Assuming you play on a console, did you get that DLC (Downloadable content) thing called "Prince of Persia: Epilogue" as well? If so then how is it?