• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2009
    Sylvos wrote
    Assuming you play on a console, did you get that DLC (Downloadable content) thing called "Prince of Persia: Epilogue" as well? If so then how is it?

Haven't tried that yet. I want to finish the main story first, since it's an epilogue. But yes, it was included in the box (a serial n°).
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
  1. Dead Space (PS3)

omg

Man this is one hell of an atmospheric horror experience set on a giant abandoned ship set in deep space. Imagine a mix of Silent Hill (the creepiness and gory factor) and Resident Evil (the combat and survival aspect) but in the vast cold reaches of space. It's tremendously atmospheric and if played in the right conditions (dark room, full surround) your nerves will get a good workout. The graphics are absolutely mindblowing and really bring home the feeling of isolation and desperate struggle on a giant spaceship, like so many good horror movies have done, only this time you're the one being chased and terrorised. This is the closest you'll get to experience an interactive Alien movie. Sound design is also fantastic with corridors filled with the weirdest, most upsetting sounds creating tension. And it's almost as if the ship you explore is alive because you can hear all sorts of inner workings and environmental sounds that make you terribly uneasy and waiting for something horrible to happen. And when all hell breaks loose in the form of inevitable confrontation with the mysterious entities on the ship, be prepared for mayhem and nerve-wrecking combat. And the few times you'll wander in zero-G have to be seen to be believed.

Brilliant game !!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. well, started playing Killzone 2 and this really is a beautiful game, nice action too and I love how you can shoot everything to shit. So far only level 2 but already the orchestral score has captivated me enough to go out and hear it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009
    I've been installing a bunch of games I haven't played in ages such as Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Splinter Cell and RollerCoaster Tycoon, but they just don't interest me now. sad

They've lost all the appeal they once used to have and lack "fun".

Chain Rxn is more my cup of tea now...my God, I hate getting older!
  3. The Facebook thing? It's cool!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009
    Yeah! cool

I'm also playing again...Splinter Cell. If there are any good games that emulate 24 more than anything else, it's the Splinter Cell series. The main character is basically a clone of Jack Bauer, your boss is voiced by none other than President Dennis Haysbert, and even Michael Plowman delves into the same sample libraries as Sean Callery. Now that's frikkin' cool!
  4. Yeah shame that 24: The Game never quite got that level of polish that the Splinter Cell series has attained. Good ideas but poorly executed. Hours that only last about 10 minutes, what's the point of that?

Started replaying GTA: San Andreas on PC again... this for me stands out as being the best GTA in the series, content wise. It's also the only one where you can fly planes as well as choppers. Awesome! And the whole black homies / gangsta storyline always got a chuckle out of me. It's much more comical / sarcastic than at first glance would appear, with all the swear words and stereotype characters. I also prefer this one for its smooth controls. GTA IV, great as it was just felt slow and cumbersome at times, but at least the combat was great. This one had it just right when it came to maneuvring / getting around the city. Such a great waste of time!! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah shame that 24: The Game never quite got that level of polish that the Splinter Cell series has attained. Good ideas but poorly executed. Hours that only last about 10 minutes, what's the point of that?

Started replaying GTA: San Andreas on PC again... this for me stands out as being the best GTA in the series, content wise. It's also the only one where you can fly planes as well as choppers. Awesome! And the whole black homies / gangsta storyline always got a chuckle out of me. It's much more comical / sarcastic than at first glance would appear, with all the swear words and stereotype characters. I also prefer this one for its smooth controls. GTA IV, great as it was just felt slow and cumbersome at times, but at least the combat was great. This one had it just right when it came to maneuvring / getting around the city. Such a great waste of time!! beer

I didn't know you had this one on PC? I thought you had this one on the X-Box
  6. I did, sold after completing it, now I bought it again as part of a Steam download-package (including GTA III and Vice City). After GTA IV I just had to revisit this, and what great fun it still is. You don't have bicycles, flyable planes and drive-by shootings in GTA IV, now do you? biggrin
  7. DreamTheater wrote
    I did, sold after completing it, now I bought it again as part of a Steam download-package (including GTA III and Vice City). After GTA IV I just had to revisit this, and what great fun it still is. You don't have bicycles, flyable planes and drive-by shootings in GTA IV, now do you? biggrin

cool, the other 2 games on PC as well smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    What isn't on Steam these days? shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

Trains?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Fail. shame wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Trains?

bounce

Good one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2009
    GAMERS will love this movie!

http://movies.apple.com/movies/lionsgat … a_720p.mov
  9. Well I gotta say, on the mayhem / explosion front it's looking rather nifty, but the concept behind the film is not getting me all juiced up as a gamer. And besides gamers these days want well told stories as well as the ability to kick ass.

So a big cynical head turn for me. I'm not itching to go see it. Last videogame movie I saw was Silent Hill and that one was fine because it stayed true to the concept behind the game.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well I gotta say, on the mayhem / explosion front it's looking rather nifty, but the concept behind the film is not getting me all juiced up as a gamer. And besides gamers these days want well told stories as well as the ability to kick ass.

So a big cynical head turn for me. I'm not itching to go see it. Last videogame movie I saw was Silent Hill and that one was fine because it stayed true to the concept behind the game.

You did good; stay as far away as possible of the likes of Max Payne, Resident Evil (all of them), etc etc.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

Trains?

Guess again... wink
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/326/
  10. Marselus wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Well I gotta say, on the mayhem / explosion front it's looking rather nifty, but the concept behind the film is not getting me all juiced up as a gamer. And besides gamers these days want well told stories as well as the ability to kick ass.

You did good; stay as far away as possible of the likes of Max Payne, Resident Evil (all of them), etc etc.

Well at least the very first Resident Evil movie had some good ideas and a cool ending, whereas the sequels just went all overboard, nothing to do anymore with RE, I liked the first (somewhat) but not to the extent I would recommend it to anyone.

And Max Payne, looks like another waste of good game material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    And Max Payne, looks like another waste of good game material.

Sure, the game material was excellent for a very good film (action, great characters, dark atmosphere, story,...); actually, I can think of few games with such film potential as Max Payne. Sadly, the film is so embarrassing that I don´t know how I managed to watch it until the end.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2009 edited
    Hurray, E3 is upon us (again). Expect lots of announcements in the coming 4 days! fireworks
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Wow, impressive line-up for Microsoft. The Beatles guitar hero thing, some new game trailers (Tony Hawk a.o.) and actual gameplay, lots of xbox exclusives like a Final Fantasy and a Metal Gear Solid. Don't forget Alan Wake and the new Splinter Cell, and two new Halo games. But that isn't all.. a full body movement-tracking camera system. We've seen some great tech demos; and if it all actually works... sweet.

Let's keep those press events coming. punk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2009
    Are there any new screenshots or videos of Splinter Cell? The last ones that surfaced were over a year ago.

Also from Crytek - CRYSIS 2 for the PC/Xbox/PS3!! cool
  11. Crysis 2? Uh oh, time to upgrade again...

They said when the first one was in development it was supposed to be a trilogy, so it's no real surprise. But I'm still psyched about this series, in fact just playing through Warhead again, it's great. And quite lengthy for an expansion.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    If the 360 and PS3 can handle Cry Engine 3 just as well as the PC (lol!) I will happily buy it on consoles instead.

But what's the chance of that happening. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2009
    Dudes, games are for consoles. If you go the pc gaming route, lots of unnecessary expenses on a machine you'll eventually throw away, expect you; trust me, talking from first-hand experience.
  12. There is a place for both PC and console in gamenation. At least for me.

Some genres work better on consoles. Others work better on the good old IBM compatible.

Take FPS's for instance, way more satisfying to play keyboard / mouse.

And I don't need to upgrade my machine every year or so. In general after two years I just put in a new top of the line gfx card, that's it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Take FPS's for instance, way more satisfying to play keyboard / mouse.

INFINITELY more satisfying, not to mention more precise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2009
    Bought a few days ago for 10 euro 'EA EURO 2008' soccer game for the PS3. Quite nice, especially for the money (second hand, but as good as new)

Regarding PC vs Console... I would love to have an updated playable version for the PS3 of the Total War series. But I guess that's impossible because of the controls you need to manipulate your armies, can't be done with the sixaxis. Maybe they can work something out, to make it playable though. For I really love these Total War games... ; huge acient armies on a battlefield.

Some of my favourite PS3 games:

Uncharted
    MGS IV
    Warhawk
    Oblivion IV
    Dead Space
    Sid Meier's Revolution
    Sega Virtual Tennis III
    Red Alert
    Motorstorm II

Some of my favourite PC games (all time)

Counter Strike
    Day of Defeat (an Half-Life mod)
    Age of Mythology
    Rome: Total War

ps.. I am 36. Want to see the first computer game that I played EVER?.. here a screenshot:

[IMG]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5660/tennisa.th.jpg[/IMG]

Phew... makes me wonder what kind of games we will have 20 years or so from now.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates