• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    continue the quest for the end of Killzone 2
    and I must say this game is quite challenging but also very good. There are the expected moments you take over a vehicle or a really big gun wink , but there is also a cool but simple story that takes you to surprising combat moments where all hell breaks loose. This game is pretty hard, even on a normal level (considering these guys don't fall down with a mere couple of gunshots) and playing this hard must be an insane experience.

Anyway what I heard about the score is that it's large but also (the orchestral parts) really good.
    the rest is sufficient during the gunbattles

anyway, another great shooter smile

And it's Dutch made!
  1. Joep wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    continue the quest for the end of Killzone 2
    and I must say this game is quite challenging but also very good. There are the expected moments you take over a vehicle or a really big gun wink , but there is also a cool but simple story that takes you to surprising combat moments where all hell breaks loose. This game is pretty hard, even on a normal level (considering these guys don't fall down with a mere couple of gunshots) and playing this hard must be an insane experience.

Anyway what I heard about the score is that it's large but also (the orchestral parts) really good.
    the rest is sufficient during the gunbattles

anyway, another great shooter smile

And it's Dutch made!

I know, but you should be proud of it. It is as good as any of the other shooters punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    I'm currently exploring Timesplitters 2. I'm a great fan of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Rare(ware). Since I've recently bought a Gamecube and it seems I missed out on some of the more important developments in the world of gaming; Free Radicals. While Rare was bought by Microsoft and stopped producing games for Nintendo, some of their original team that made GE and PD started the Free Radicals. Everything I love about the old Rare team is presented brilliantly in Timesplitters 2. The multiplayer options are incredible and provides endless fun.
  2. Joep wrote
    I'm currently exploring Timesplitters 2. I'm a great fan of Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and Rare(ware). Since I've recently bought a Gamecube and it seems I missed out on some of the more important developments in the world of gaming; Free Radicals. While Rare was bought by Microsoft and stopped producing games for Nintendo, some of their original team that made GE and PD started the Free Radicals. Everything I love about the old Rare team is presented brilliantly in Timesplitters 2. The multiplayer options are incredible and provides endless fun.

good for you Joep, join us in this incredible age where anything is possible
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Upcoming action / adventure game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves easily looks like the best action / adventure film coming out this year. See the trailer and I dare you not to be excited.

woohoo, bring on the adventure
    this is my kind of game smile

Want! Although there's no way in hell I'm forking out for a PS3 for one game...
  3. Anthony wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Upcoming action / adventure game Uncharted 2: Among Thieves easily looks like the best action / adventure film coming out this year. See the trailer and I dare you not to be excited.

Want! Although there's no way in hell I'm forking out for a PS3 for one game...

then buy Uncharted 1 as well and then you have 2 games wink
    Uncharted 1 is simply awesome, and now Uncharted 2 will be even better yay biggrin
  4. Finally, I finished Killzone 2

Wow, that last mission is one difficult puppy. From the ever expected "crossing the square" (soooooooooo cool) to the trapped indoors scene (man you can't stay 2 seconds at the same place) to the final big boss (he's difficult as hell and that's just normal), I finally finished it and watched the ending. shocked

Well, Killzone 2 delivers everything I expected but more everything I wanted. Really Good Game
    9 out of 10
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And I'm still waiting for Company Of Heroes to finish updating. Seriously, I've had this game OVER A DAY. My computer has been on for over 24 hours, and I still can't play the thing. NOT impressed. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yes!!!!!!!
    it has been way too long for another action/adventure game! cheesy
  5. omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yes!!!!!!!

have you played the first Uncharted?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yes!!!!!!!

Yes, fantastic. As soon as I finished I was left starving for more. You?
  6. omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    omaha wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

yes!!!!!!!

Yes, fantastic. As soon as I finished I was left starving for more. You?

one of the coolest games I've played yet. It had it all, story, adventure, thrill, comedy and even horror (arghhhhh I hated those things wink )

Excellent game, if all the characters return this game can't even screw up one bit punk
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Perfectly said.
    Ahhhh! I hated those things too. Especially that level in the dark German bunker.
  7. omaha wrote
    Perfectly said.
    Ahhhh! I hated those things too. Especially that level in the dark German bunker.

ahhh man, I think I ran and screamed like a girl during that mission wink
    I hate playing such games or missions. But it also gave the game that last remaning quality it need to make of it a perfect game smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009
    Question: how many hours a day do you devote to gameS?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote

none
    I may play a couple of hours every one or two weeks.
    When I get a new game though I'll play it a couple hours a day for about a week.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    Still patching... suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote

And how about Anthony and Dreamtheater?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

shocked

What are exactly these patches you talk about? I mean, I played the game withput any patch. Are there really worthwhile improvements?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. Christodoulides wrote

Let's just say it like this, if I don't game once a day, I feel empty. cool

If that sounds vague, I say it intentionally so. dizzy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    thought so wink
  9. Christodoulides wrote

depends, I don't play that much, but a new game I play daily at, before quitting and taking a new game after a couple of weeks/months
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

shocked

What are exactly these patches you talk about? I mean, I played the game withput any patch. Are there really worthwhile improvements?

How should I know? I haven't even got to play it yet. I looked at the patch logs and it looks like they've tweaked it to shit, so I expect it to be flawless!

Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

And how about Anthony and Dreamtheater?

Before I got into soundtracks, gaming was my thing. I've been on MMOs, been in clans and all that shiz...

Now though, you'll be lucky to find me on a game for more than 2 hours a week. Granted, when I get something new I'll play it in one big session. Remember Battlefield Bad Company + 10 hour marathon = HUD screenburnt onto my TV!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    How should I know? I haven't even got to play it yet. I looked at the patch logs and it looks like they've tweaked it to shit, so I expect it to be flawless!

Where are you downloading the patches from? I wanna play it again, and I´ll try with the patches.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I downloaded about 6 from gamespot, and after that and another three or four that the game brings up when you start it. That then downloaded a separate patching tool that then installed another 3.

I think there are about 4GBs worth of patches in total, so a lot must have changed!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I think there are about 4GBs worth of patches in total, so a lot must have changed!!

That´s almost a new game size! I´ll definitely try it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2009 edited
    It looks like they've completely changed the menus, integrated the expansion packs and everything into so they can be launched from one game (obviously you need to buy them still) and have got a massive online component.

When I get good at this we'll have to have some tank battles!! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    It looks like they've completely changed the menus,

But the original menus were great! Intuitive, easy to play with, everything visible on screen,....hope they haven´t made them more complicated: I hate when you have to do a degree to play a game.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This game is sweet! I'm only doing the training bits still, but the graphics are amazing. It looks like a great RTS when zoomed out, and it looks like any good FPS when zoomed in!! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2009
    Anthony wrote
    This game is sweet! I'm only doing the training bits still, but the graphics are amazing. It looks like a great RTS when zoomed out, and it looks like any good FPS when zoomed in!! shocked

I told ya! It is a RTS game but is very arcade at the same time, really amazing; and wait ´til you start the game, creating your squads, your tank factories, the heavy weapons guys, the engineers, the air strikes, taking all the objectives (I couldn´t sleep if I didn´t take all the objectives of the mission! shame ). Have fun!