• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009
    'I played for one hour or more on one guilder only'

Your last sentence says it all. That is why pubs are full of crappy fruit machines because the profit on pinball is minimal, once you become proficient on a particular game ( yeap, I remember Addams Family wink ) you can stay on for a long time.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited
    Before there was a game company that specialized in programming fantastic pinball simulations. Just like the real thing. The most addictive of those games was Pro Pinball: The Web. It had hyper realistic ball physics and look incredibly lifelike. I lost some good hours of my life on that one.

It beats the real thing and losing lots and lots of cash on it.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    this is a nice simulator:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/983/983659p1.html

The best real machines are made by "Williams" the worst are (or were) made by Gotlieb.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  1. Looks good I'll check it out.

Thanks Talos.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Before there was a game company that specialized in programming fantastic pinball simulations. Just like the real thing. The most addictive of those games was Pro Pinball: The Web. It had hyper realistic ball physics and look incredibly lifelike. I lost some good hours of my life on that one.

It beats the real thing?......HOW!?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Yeah , those good old pinball machines , I really miss those ...
    Nearly every cafe used to had one or several of these beauties .
    Where are they now I wonder ?
    Nostalgia hey ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Timmer wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

It beats the real thing?......HOW!?

Okay you got me there, what I meant to say is it beats the real thing if you're a poor player and have no desire to spend tons of coins on the damn machine. Like me.

I'm sorry for my ignorance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2009 edited
    Cool Gilles cool beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    Yeah , those good old pinball machines , I really miss those ...
    Nearly every cafe used to had one or several of these beauties .
    Where are they now I wonder ?
    Nostalgia hey ... wink

The last time I played one was in an obscure cafe in the South of France....and it was a very ancient pinball, no fancy gizmos, traps etc.

I did play an 'up to date' one in Miami, it was based on Terminator 3. I'm kinda guessing they maybe still have them in the States?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    I recent played with my flute...

No, seriously.

I'm worried because I used to be a videogamer, but now I can't seat and spend my time playing.

The last games i tried:

Zelda the twiglith princess: The Gamecube one. I'm a huge fan of Zelda, and I enjoyed very much the windwaker who seems everybody was dissapointed with.
    Zelda the twhilight princess has some really gorgeous graphics but in general they are average and with few details , the puzzles are taken from other zelda games, and the Wolf thing is only to make the game larger. It really lacks of magic!

BioshocK: The ambience is awesome. But it's too "complicated" for short plays.

Medal of Honor Airborne: Come on, I want my time back! the save points are to few, and you have to jump again and again from the plane and start the mission from 0.

Half Life 2 : The graphics are outdated, and it's not the masterpiece that the first half life was. But still is one of the greatest entertaninments!!!

Gears of War: I have to play more to this game!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009
    Nautilus wrote

No, seriously.

Man, you are the walking equivalent of a really, really bad Saturday Night Live sketch. Repeat the same BAD joke over and over again.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I lost many, many evenings of my student days playing this one.

Snubbed many a drunk nubile girls advances so as to not lose my place.

Needless to say there's been the occassional retrospective facepalm since... (but I'd still buy the thing in a heartbeat if I had the room to put it in. And the money. )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

No, seriously.

Man, you are the walking equivalent of a really, really bad Saturday Night Live sketch. Repeat the same BAD joke over and over again.

-Erik-

But in this case he was being witty, Erik. He was referring to the game Legend of Zelda he played earlier. In that one you have to use a flute to summon a horse.

So I guess the joke is on you. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooo. Nice save.
    I almost believed you, too!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 21st 2009 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Medal of Honor Airborne: Come on, I want my time back! the save points are to few, and you have to jump again and again from the plane and start the mission from 0.

Pfff....you are such an amateur.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Yes that's why something such as a difficulty level exists.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    I've been looking at some trailers of Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain just now.. Wow, both games look amazing. Almost makes me want to buy a PS3 for them.
    What do you hear? Nothing but the rain...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009 edited
    He Rian (Maxim?). Uncharted is brilliant (my brother will add some more superlatives to wet your appetite). And its sequel is shaping up to be every bit as good, a true good-spirited interactive adventure flick. And Heavy Rain, well that just looks like one of the most stunning, lifelike and realistic videogames I've ever seen. From what I suspect it'll be a interactive murder mystery / police detective film noir. The characters look frighteningly real as the trailer testifies. Believe me I'm looking forward to it as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    I liked their previous game, Fahrenheit, as well. Too bad it didn't get the attention it deserved.
  5. Here's another trailer, in case you've missed it. wink

And Fahrenheit? That completely passed me by. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2009
    Somebody´s played Wolfenstein? Personally, I can´t wait.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  6. I played this Wolfenstein back in the day... Memories!
  7. beer

I love this game.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorRian
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Here's another trailer, in case you've missed it. wink

And Fahrenheit? That completely passed me by. shame

I watched the E3 conference live, so yes, I've seen that trailer. wink

Oh, and Fahrenheit was released as 'Indigo Prophecy' in the US, got a bit of bad press even because (oh noes!) it had a short love scene. What's wrong with a bit of a cuddle and zero explicit content? So yes, it got an 18+ rating there and most people never heard of it.

The new wolfensten appears to be oh so bad. Sorry Marselus..
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

No, seriously.

-Erik-

But in this case he was being witty, Erik. He was referring to the game Legend of Zelda he played earlier. In that one you have to use a flute to summon a horse.

So I guess the joke is on you. wink

Shiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... kiss dizzy

Can you be my personal assistant? tongue
  8. No this was a one-time save buddy! I'm sorry! I'm booked for three years already.
  9. Ratchet & Clank 4: Tools of Destruction

I started playing this one again, and this is one amazing heck of a beautiful game. Sorry to say this, but Playstation 3 surely produced some of the most beautiful games yet, the Ratchet franchise and the Uncharted games are surely some of the most beautiful ones I've played yet
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  10. A beautiful score??? confused dizzy

Boy oh boy what have you been drinking today?
    I wouldn't call R&C's music anything resembling beautiful. biggrin
  11. DreamTheater wrote
    A beautiful score??? confused dizzy

Boy oh boy what have you been drinking today?
    I wouldn't call R&C's music anything resembling beautiful. biggrin

I think you have been drinking, because it clearly reads game and not score dizzy
    and it also clearly reads edited wink
  12. Apparently they are working on a game version of HEAT
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803002/

at least they seem to have the decent sense to let all the important actors return for the voice acting, I'm wondering who will do the score?