• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. omaha wrote
    Yes!!!!! biggrin

'Bout time mate wink

I know shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    The Harry Potter films' producer said they're indeed in talks with JW for coming back to score the final film(s)!

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/ … lows-films

YEAH!!

Fingers crossed!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    shocked

Please let it be so!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Let's hope so. I didn't care that much for the Patrick Doyle or Nicolas Hooper scores - they were lacking the memorable themes that you know Williams will bring to a movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Artworks wrote
    Let's hope so. I didn't care that much for the Patrick Doyle or Nicolas Hooper scores - they were lacking the memorable themes that you know Williams will bring to a movie.

Can't agree with that statement. There some wonderful themes in both scores... especially Doyle. "Harry in Winter" for example - while not the great themes of his career - is solid. And while Hooper's two scores are the weakest in the series there are a few memorable themes in Order of the Phoenix that worked extremely well. "Professor Umbridge" is really good theme actually.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Agree on "Professor Umbridge", that was quite good. But still, it's not Williams. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Artworks wrote
    Agree on "Professor Umbridge", that was quite good. But still, it's not Williams. smile

Of course it's not. There aren't many that come even close. Hooper was a major disappointment and huge step down for the franchise musically.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why did Williams only do the first three then? I don't think I've ever known the reason behind it.
  2. Anthony wrote
    Why did Williams only do the first three then? I don't think I've ever known the reason behind it.

Chris Columbus wanted him on the first 2, Cuaron at least knew he had a quality score if he let Williams on board
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

Because Mike Newell's frequent collaborator is Patrick Doyle. And Yates has worked with Hooper on previous projects. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Cuaron mentioned somewhere that he HAD to work with Williams on Azkaban but didn't want to.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah, because Williams' work on the third movie was terrible...

Who'd want to work with someone like that?

rolleyes
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

I think Cuaron mentioned somewhere that he HAD to work with Williams on Azkaban but didn't want to.

-Erik-

really?
    wow, who would have been the composer then? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

I think Cuaron mentioned somewhere that he HAD to work with Williams on Azkaban but didn't want to.

-Erik-

really?

Patrick Doyle? He worked with Cuaron on Great Expectations and A Little Princess.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Why wouldn't you work with John Williams if you got the chance?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

Believe it or not there are some people out there that just don't like Williams' music.

-Erik-
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

really?

Patrick Doyle? He worked with Cuaron on Great Expectations and A Little Princess.

-Erik-

ah yes, didn't think that far ahead
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

Believe it or not there are some people out there that just don't like Williams' music.

-Erik-

Death to the infidels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    DemonStar wrote
    The Harry Potter films' producer said they're indeed in talks with JW for coming back to score the final film(s)!

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/2009/ … lows-films

YEAH!!

Fingers crossed!

This is a damn good news for millions of fans around the world. But as you said, fingers are crossed. Let us hope for good news from the producers.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I can't believe and digest this. How come a true music lover hate John Williams' music? If he/she do so, that means, he/she missing some important thing in his/her life.
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
  5. Well there are people on this earth who couldn't care less about film music, even if they're familiar with Williams' famous tunes. But that's their loss...

And Williams doing the last HP? Would he do a Return of the Jedi on us? That'd be something... go out with a bang.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    From that interview I think Williams is having some problem fitting the Part II of the movie (which comes out in July 2011) in his schedule. After all JW has quite a few big projects (Lincoln, Tintin..) in 2011. But Williams himself had said he hoped to score the film so I'm pretty sure they'll work it out eventually. Let's hope so. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DreamTheater wrote
    And Williams doing the last HP? Would he do a Return of the Jedi on us? That'd be something...

Based on his recent output, where generally we'd be lucky to have just one theme, I'm not overly optimistic.
    I woudn't mind if he didn't return.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited
    Who? Williams? Well, when the Djawadis and the Kiners and the Lockingtons and the HGWs and the Bates of the world are too busy counting money in the bank and drop off a project or two, well then MAYBE he stands a chance; maybe.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, the Potter franchise means little to me, so I honestly wouldn't mind a Bates or a Djawadi taking a shot.
    But I think it would be a great sandbox for up and coming talent to play in, rather than getting the old master out once more in hopes he'll come up with something that rivals his golden years.

I'd be far more excited if -say- Powell was given a shot. Or Beltrami. Or Kyd.
    And I think Hannigan would be an absolutely fabulous choice, proven himself as he has with those fantastic, fresh and energetic video game scores.

And if you're going to get a "name" in, why not try and see what Horner would do? Or Newman?

Well. Just some personal fantasizing.. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, i don't give a flying fudge for the Harry Crapper universe either; i am just commenting on the general state of things were you have some of film music's modern legends and finest around still working but you decide to give big to mammoth projects to either hacks or composers who just don't have what it takes.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. DemonStar wrote
    From that interview I think Williams is having some problem fitting the Part II of the movie (which comes out in July 2011) in his schedule. After all JW has quite a few big projects (Lincoln, Tintin..) in 2011. But Williams himself had said he hoped to score the film so I'm pretty sure they'll work it out eventually. Let's hope so. smile

Do they finally start to film Lincoln? lol
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    No idea, but JW is definitely confirmed for it. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Both JFK and Nixon are fantastic scores, I'll really look forward to Lincoln.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I'm especially looking forward to Tintin.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    When is Spielberg doing Bush?
    Kazoo