• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008
    What the hell!? shocked
    Damn Martijn, I'm ver sorry to hear that. That sucks. sad

And ... just ... via e-mail?
    How not very polite. slant
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2008 edited
    Sorry to hear that, I hope things look up for you soon slant

>>>>>> punk <<<<<< some possitive vibes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote
    Apparently my job function has just been scrapped, or so I have been informed through a CC in a general e-mail.

This probably means I will either be forced to work several levels under my current expertise, responsibility or interest, or find something else.
    Nothing's very clear yet, but I'm not moving into the weekend with any kind of particularly happy feeling.

That sucks. slant (As eloquently as I can put it)

Hey, why not get a job at Portsmouth uni as a lecturer? Political history or something. That would be awesome! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    wTF ?! Hate the distant, cold, "we know we don't have the balls to say it in your face but anyway we rule, u suck" approaches via e-mail!

Sorry to hear that, keep us posted on any updates mate; truly wishing for the bes !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Cheers mateys.
    I'll be alright, but your support and words of encouragement mean a lot to me. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  1. Martijn wrote
    Apparently my job function has just been scrapped, or so I have been informed through a CC in a general e-mail.

This probably means I will either be forced to work several levels under my current expertise, responsibility or interest, or find something else.
    Nothing's very clear yet, but I'm not moving into the weekend with any kind of particularly happy feeling.

Damn! Sorry to hear about your news - and also to hear how you found out! I hope things work out.

Look on the bright side! Maybe you can make it to Bristol now? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Look on the bright side! Maybe you can make it to Bristol now? wink

Hehe, lets hope so.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ..and my (expensive) bike just got stolen. slant

This, apparently, is not my weekend...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

shocked crazy

I feel for ya sad
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

What?! where did you have it?! Parked outside your door?!!?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote

Oh gosh! That happens frequently here - last year one of my friends had stopped his bike for a drink at a fast food place and parked his bike outside amd locked it. Two minutes later he came out to find someone had somehow unlocked the bike and sped away with it in TWO minutes!! confused I'm afraid how I'll handle it when I get a bike. Really hope you get it back, man!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    slant sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Martijn wrote

I talk from experience when I say shit happens all at once! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Yeah, I'm kinda planning on staying in bed the rest of the weekend... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Steven wrote
    Martijn wrote

Agreed! Sad but true! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote

Hope you get your bike back! sad
  2. Martijn wrote

Damn, Martijn. It's just not your weekend at all!

Sorry mate. sad
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's VERY bad to hear Damn it, keep us posted if there are any changes. Damn miserable low-life hacks that grab people's stuff, i hate it. Last month some bastards entered my girlfriend's house and memories of disgust are still fresh.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008
    New hotels for the next 3 nights, and I don't know whether they have free internet!! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Ugh, I'm annoyed by all this summer reading for school! crazy It's driving me insane, and I'm still only half way through The Count of Monte Cristo, by Dumas, with another book to read still.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Ugh, I'm annoyed by all this summer reading for school! crazy It's driving me insane, and I'm still only half way through The Count of Monte Cristo, by Dumas, with another book to read still.

I remember when we were made to read any novel (I did Tom Sawyer) in my summer vacations back in fourth grade and asked to highlight difficult words and write them down in a notebook with their corresponding meaning in front of them. And our teacher was (or is tongue ) the worst caning machine ever born on Earth cheesy But I was so annoyed about having to miss my favourite cartoons in the evening because of the stupid homework (I was, am and will be a lazybones when it comes to homework biggrin ) that I just took risk of a rain of blows and copied down half the dictionary without even looking at the novel and handed it over to my teacher. And, heaven be praised, it worked!! beer biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote

I remember when we were made to read any novel (I did Tom Sawyer) in my summer vacations back in fourth grade and asked to highlight difficult words and write them down in a notebook with their corresponding meaning in front of them. And our teacher was (or is tongue ) the worst caning machine ever born on Earth cheesy But I was so annoyed about having to miss my favourite cartoons in the evening because of the stupid homework (I was, am and will be a lazybones when it comes to homework biggrin ) that I just took risk of a rain of blows and copied down half the dictionary without even looking at the novel and handed it over to my teacher. And, heaven be praised, it worked!! beer biggrin

Wow! lol At my school, I have a friend who is a complete idiot and jokester (yes, the same one who tried the hot peppers and ended up bolting up and down the hallways looking for water biggrin), and a lot of times, when we have book assignments for school (we have to annotate and write chapter summaries), he'll write just a couple random sentences for each chapter summary (e.g. 'Something happened... Blah, blah, blah. Some character died, and then some other weird stuff happened. I don't get this.'), and he always gets away with it! And what's even more funny is the fact that when quizzed on the book, he often makes it out with a good grade, sometimes, I think, an even better grade than that of some of us who did read and annotate correctly! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008 edited
    Lucky him! tongue

Speaking of homework, my last two years at school (that is 2006 and 07 wink ) were the worst years for homework. Our school board had this weird rule that our annual projects for each subjects had to have a minimum of 50 pages, less than that, and we fail. We HAVE to stick at least 3 pictures on each page, we HAVE to do it solely with our hands only without any use of computers, we HAVE to submit it immediately when asked or else we fail. Whereas in some other schools students were happily taking printouts and finishing their projects in a few hours.

I remember I had to stay fully awake for two full nights to finish my Physics project when my teacher declared he wanted it in three days (because I had school and tuition during the day and insufficient time) and I was as good as a dead duck due to exhaustion after finishing it. Finally, I was so fed up with the Biology project (the topic on which I was working had almost NO material available about it on the Internet and I was sick of searching for it) that I grabbed by 10th grade Geography book, filled in 5 pages with its material about delta formation cheesy and forked it over the next day. My grade obtained - A (not A+ because my handwriting got horrible near the end because I was so impatient biggrin ) and the teacher didn't even notice that I wrote rubbish for the last five pages.

So all they counted was the number of pages, the handwriting (without seeing what was written), the pictures stuck and the lavish front cover. The matter was worth about as much to them as hay so they didn't even check it out. And we finish it in a hurry without even seeing what we're writing because they kept jumping down our throats to give it to them. I must say I learnt far more by surfing the net than making my projects! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    I must say I learnt far more by surfing the net than making my projects! wink biggrin

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TheTelmarine wrote

Wow! lol At my school, I have a friend who is a complete idiot and jokester (yes, the same one who tried the hot peppers and ended up bolting up and down the hallways looking for water biggrin), and a lot of times, when we have book assignments for school (we have to annotate and write chapter summaries), he'll write just a couple random sentences for each chapter summary (e.g. 'Something happened... Blah, blah, blah. Some character died, and then some other weird stuff happened. I don't get this.'), and he always gets away with it! And what's even more funny is the fact that when quizzed on the book, he often makes it out with a good grade, sometimes, I think, an even better grade than that of some of us who did read and annotate correctly! smile

Kinda like Cartman from South Park biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn, how's it coming along mate? Any news?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It's all shit, there's no news and we're all going to die.
    Horribly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Martijn wrote
    Horribly.

Marijn is upset. Sorry we can't help much. sad
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008
    Martijn wrote
    Horribly.

Crushed to infinitesimal size somewhere near Geneva by all accounts!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008 edited
    I got all four wisdom teeth taken out yesterday. I only got on here for like two seconds yesterday, as I felt pretty bad. Supposedly, it'll take FOUR TO SIX WEEKS for these disgusting little holes in my gums (obviously where they ripped 'em out) to heal back up! And in the meantime I'm stuck here watching episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation (on Tivo), Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. (gotta love that show biggrin), and other random shows and movies that I have sitting around the house. Oh, and did I mention all the nonstop maintenance my mouth requires?! Seriously, all yesterday from about 10:30 AM to 11:45 PM (with small breaks every once in a while) I had gauze stuffed in my mouth, and for twenty minutes on and off I had ice-cold bags of peas presses against my cheeks. This stinks! crazy