• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008
    Getting Wisdom Teeth taking out affects us all in different ways. When I had mine out I continued to bleed for and hour and a half afterward. However, I didn't swell up or have any discomfort. I was back to work two days later. The stitches "melted" away and I healed up just fine. Sorry to hear that you are having such a terrible experience.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Getting Wisdom Teeth taking out affects us all in different ways. When I had mine out I continued to bleed for and hour and a half afterward. However, I didn't swell up or have any discomfort. I was back to work two days later. The stitches "melted" away and I healed up just fine. Sorry to hear that you are having such a terrible experience.

-Erik-

Well, for me, the first day (it's been a few days now, and my mouth is still sore) it bled for a very long time. And my left cheek is still slightly swollen. Boy, I can't wait until I can eat normally again... crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As I've gotten older my stomach has some issues and when I go to sleep at night I will have a glass of ginger ale by my bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and took a drink and promptly spilled the rest of it in bed with me. I was too tired to change the sheets, too old to sleep on the floor, so I put and slept on towels. Of course this morning everything is sticky! Yikes!
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    sdtom wrote
    As I've gotten older my stomach has some issues and when I go to sleep at night I will have a glass of ginger ale by my bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and took a drink and promptly spilled the rest of it in bed with me. I was too tired to change the sheets, too old to sleep on the floor, so I put and slept on towels. Of course this morning everything is sticky! Yikes!
    Tom smile

Wow, that stinks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Reminds me of when I spilled red paint all over my uniform in my art class in sixth grade. Oh gosh, the amount of jeering and mocking I was subject to that day was incredible... I don't want to remember that in detail! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2008 edited
    DemonStar wrote
    Reminds me of when I spilled red paint all over my uniform in my art class in sixth grade. Oh gosh, the amount of jeering and mocking I was subject to that day was incredible... I don't want to remember that in detail! tongue

That must have been embarrassing! tongue smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2008
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Obviously! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    DemonStar wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    DemonStar wrote

Obviously! tongue

LOL biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I (assume) I'm getting over a cold, and my right ear has completly blocked up. I can't hear anything properly. It's been like this for about a day now (yup, even during my 7 hour plane journey). sad
  1. Do yourself a favour and try some nose drops, they should get your ear free as well. Do it, before it starts to hurt in the ear. I had the same thing two years ago and waited too long. Bang, there came my tinnitus. Not the best experience I had in life.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I (assume) I'm getting over a cold, and my right ear has completly blocked up. I can't hear anything properly. It's been like this for about a day now (yup, even during my 7 hour plane journey). sad

ANTHONY - STOP AND READ THIS NOW!

Get yourself to a doctor. You could be in some serious trouble... unless you are done flying.

If you have another flight to make then please stop and see a doctor.

A few years ago I made a trip to Newfoundland. I was suffering from a mild cold but when we were about to land my ears all of a sudden felt like they were going to burst. Terrible, terrible pain! Soon after landing I lost all hearing in my left ear. Now, my flight back to Toronto was only two days away but the pain and discomfort was irritating so I saw a doctor. He did an ear exam and told me I had a bad infection. Next, he told me NOT TO FLY for at least week. He said that if I got on a plane there was a very good chance that I could burst my ear drum and loose my hearing permanently.

So, don't take this lightly, Anthony. Get to a doctor immediately... that is if you are planning to fly in the next few days. I was put on some drops and pills that after three days did there job and unclogged the mess in my ears.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2008 edited
    Whoa, that sounds bad. So drops were the right choice, but I had no idea this could go that badly... sorry if I didn´t sound as serious as I should have. I thought some drops would be enough, but of course, Erik is right, you shouldn´t fly with this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

ANTHONY - STOP AND READ THIS NOW!

Get yourself to a doctor. You could be in some serious trouble... unless you are done flying.

If you have another flight to make then please stop and see a doctor.

A few years ago I made a trip to Newfoundland. I was suffering from a mild cold but when we were about to land my ears all of a sudden felt like they were going to burst. Terrible, terrible pain! Soon after landing I lost all hearing in my left ear. Now, my flight back to Toronto was only two days away but the pain and discomfort was irritating so I saw a doctor. He did an ear exam and told me I had a bad infection. Next, he told me NOT TO FLY for at least week. He said that if I got on a plane there was a very good chance that I could burst my ear drum and loose my hearing permanently.

So, don't take this lightly, Anthony. Get to a doctor immediately... that is if you are planning to fly in the next few days. I was put on some drops and pills that after three days did there job and unclogged the mess in my ears.

-Erik-

I had similar but had far longer time between flights!?

Take this as a bump on Erik's post and get checked Ant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Kinda sucks that it came around several hours before I flew then. I'm just trying to single out what it's not at the moment and when that's done and if nothing helps then I'll get it checked (why aren't doctors open on weekends?!).

There's several things it could be. I've had bad hayfever and a cold over the summer, so my sinuses might be blocked. I've still got a runny nose so I'm trying to blow as much crap out as possible to see if that helps. I was also somewhere really windy a few days ago and I might have caught an ear infection. If that's the case and it doesn't go away soon then I'll take all the drugs I can!! It might just be hard wax though so I'm going to try some of the drops that clear that today.

Basically if nothing helps or improves it today then I'm off to the doc (I'd go now, but as mentioned they're closed today!).
  2. Anthony wrote
    (why aren't doctors open on weekends?!).

We have something good in France that UK doesn't have after all ! shocked

Blague à part, Ant, as Erik said, don't take it lightly...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hospitals are open.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    More reasons to hate Vista. My PC is not booting up anymore. It gets stuck where there this green bar thingy moving from left to right. I tried System Restore in Safe Mode, Repair, none helped. I don't even know what is causing the problem (nor does Micro$oft). They think I have recently installed a software/hardware that may not be compatible with Vista whileI haven't installed anything in the last six months... except from Micro$oft's OWN updates... Get Less when you update, eh?

Looks like clean install is all I'm left with and that's gonna be a nightmare. crazy

Ah well slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Sylvos wrote
    More reasons to hate Vista. My PC is not booting up anymore. It gets stuck where there this green bar thingy moving from left to right. I tried System Restore in Safe Mode, Repair, none helped. I don't even know what is causing the problem (nor does Micro$oft). They think I have recently installed a software/hardware that may not be compatible with Vista whileI haven't installed anything in the last six months... except from Micro$oft's OWN updates... Get Less when you update, eh?

Looks like clean install is all I'm left with and that's gonna be a nightmare. crazy

Ah well slant

That's exactly why I'm sticking with 2000 instead of going XP or Vista. Both have their own problems (XP has an incredible amount of bugs and none of my games run properly on it) and compararively I've found 2000 to be the best Windows version. Most software works even though many new games are not compatible with it, its functions are very satisfactory.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't have a problem with vista ultimate on service pack 1 for some 3 or 4 months now. But i take great care of my pc with add-on software (registry cleaners, spyware, anti-virus, defrag, system optimizers) and i also look what i am installing and what not. Maybe it's not Vista that's causing your problem, that's what i am saying.

During the boot screen, keep pressing F8 till the boot up options menu pops up. There are a lot of options there like 'last good configuration that worked' and 'safe mode' that might help you, or some stuff like 'disable drive signing' something et all, if you list them for me i can tell you which ones to try and which not, they helped me saved my ass quite a few times in the past - BUT OF COURSE depended on what the error and damage is. They can't do everything.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I've talked to seven or eight of my friends who have Vista and so far only one of them has no problems so far for some reason, all others have some headache or other with Vista. I guess it's better to wait till they fix the bugs in some future, if that's what is causing the problem... tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Did you have service pack 1 installed?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't have a problem with vista ultimate on service pack 1 for some 3 or 4 months now. But i take great care of my pc with add-on software (registry cleaners, spyware, anti-virus, defrag, system optimizers) and i also look what i am installing and what not. Maybe it's not Vista that's causing your problem, that's what i am saying.

During the boot screen, keep pressing F8 till the boot up options menu pops up. There are a lot of options there like 'last good configuration that worked' and 'safe mode' that might help you, or some stuff like 'disable drive signing' something et all, if you list them for me i can tell you which ones to try and which not, they helped me saved my ass quite a few times in the past - BUT OF COURSE depended on what the error and damage is. They can't do everything.

This is not the first time it happens, it's the first time that no option works for me. I had this thing for 1.5 years now and it was okay prior to SP1. SP1 was also okay during the first few days but then the Mirco-Dudes released some patch stuff to fix a couple of compatibility problems apparently but those actually cursed me with problems I never used to have.

The Last Good Configuration used to work but this time nothing happens. I too use registry cleaners, spyware, anti-virus, defrag, system optimizers and I'm sure it has nothing to do with the way I use and care of this machine. These updates that Micro-Dudes install on your PC without prior notification are really suspicious if you ask me. Coz I didn't do anything to it that could break everything like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I am hungry and i couldn't be arsed to cook anything right now 'cause i am swamped with studying. And the damn restaurant next door is killing my nose with their ethereal cooking smells on this warm, calm, beautiful summer night!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    ...ethereal cooking smells on this warm, calm, beautiful summer night!

Mmmmm... that's a nice scene to picture in the mind. Seems a million miles away from the actual picture before me. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    which is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    A British summer night.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    No! Don't give the Greeks ammo for us Brits! Be PROUD of the British summer! (Which I actually am, sure it's not always nice, but when it is, it's B-E-A-UTIFUL!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    Pfff.....Brits and their weather biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    See, told you it would give him ammo. angry

England may be infamous for bad weather, but it's not always doom and gloom, we get some fantastic sunsets where we live, and also down in Portsmouth at uni. Summers are great!