• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008
    Steven wrote
    See, told you it would give him ammo. angry

England may be infamous for bad weather, but it's not always doom and gloom, we get some fantastic sunsets where we live, and also down in Portsmouth at uni. Summers are great!

I'm actually glad it's not that warm. America was too hot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I'm just telling it as it is (at least where I'm located). I'm a big sunshine lover and frankly, I don't see a great deal of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    LSH wrote
    I'm just telling it as it is (at least where I'm located). I'm a big sunshine lover and frankly, I don't see a great deal of it.

God doesn't like Brummies. Clearly he loves us Essex slags though, it's been quite sunny here recently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah, fantastic sun in England is characterized when sun shows more than 3 days out of 365 each year. That's a toughy to beat wink biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, fantastic sun in England is characterized when sun shows more than 3 days out of 365 each year. That's a toughy to beat wink biggrin

Come to England and say that!

...just out of interest, have you ever been to England?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2008 edited
    Yeap, London, once. But it was many, many years ago and it was with the family, stayed at extended family's house for a few days. All i remember was clouds at day and drunk chicks in the streets at night baring all wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeap, London, once. But it was many, many years ago and it was with the family, stayed at extended family's house for a few days. All i remember was clouds at day and drunk chicks in the streets at night baring all wink biggrin

Hmm, well don't let that one experience be representative of Britain in its entirety. There's a lot of stunning places here (Vaughan Williams would agree were he still alive), and the sun shines a lot more than you would think. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    I can't bloody sleep, so I've come back on here. Few things are as depressing as insomnia taking hold when you've got to be up early the next day. Each passing minute underlines your failure and suddenly you're the world's biggest loser. I was going to consider watching TV (sadly, only terrestrial in my bedroom) but suddenly realised I'd only be gazing at an ocean of shit. At this time of night the BBC has usually switched over to News 24 which is absolute insomniac hell, the same scary stories being told over and over again. Channel 4 generally torments you with a subtitled film which, of course, puts too much strain on the eyes. Five is normally full of ponderous American sport, and as for ITV - well ITV is just hopeless.

If I'm still awake by 4am, I expect a gnawing psychosis to set in and my eyes will likely begin darting around the room in search of something sharp to kill myself with. Either that or I'll have thrown to the mercies of ITV Nightscreen. Which results in the same thing.

Goodnight. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

England may be infamous for bad weather, but it's not always doom and gloom, we get some fantastic sunsets where we live, and also down in Portsmouth at uni. Summers are great!

I'm actually glad it's not that warm. America was too hot!

Out of curiosity, where did you get to go while you were here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Our city has has an amount of rainfall yesterday that broke the record of TEN years slant And since we have one of the worst municipalties on Earth, the streets are all flooded so much that it looks like if the rain continues today, I may have to hire a boat to visit my neighbour tongue
  1. Well, sounds like the perfect time to give Waterworld a spin... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Well, sounds like the perfect time to give Waterworld a spin... wink

LOL, yeah! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hmm, well don't let that one experience be representative of Britain in its entirety.

But where are the drunk naked chicks?? confused beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

I've never seen a sunset in the Med as good as British sunsets cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hmm, well don't let that one experience be representative of Britain in its entirety. There's a lot of stunning places here (Vaughan Williams would agree were he still alive), and the sun shines a lot more than you would think. wink

Absolutely!

The diversity of the countryside here is amazing with some of the worlds most dramatic coastlines and unspoilt beaches better than anything you'll find in Spain.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Hmm, well don't let that one experience be representative of Britain in its entirety.

But where are the drunk naked chicks?? confused beer

All gone to Ibiza, Ayia Napa etc tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Timmer wrote

Have I been living under a rock or something? Or is it because I'm too young? Do they only come around every 20 years?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Timmer wrote

Have I been living under a rock or something? Or is it because I'm too young? Do they only come around every 20 years?

Depends where you live to?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    Some guy just started a perfectly civilized e-mail and question with this:

"I know its an unofficial site and you most likely dont know..."

Gee...thanks for summing me up because the word "unofficial" is in the title. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2008
    hahahah didn't you reply with a "screw you then" ? I would wink
  2. A bunch of internet thieves took some money from my VISA card, luckily I cought it in time so it's not too much, thank god for real time PC banking, so I got my card blocked only a week after the incident.

I admit it was in part my fault, I was too gullible in believing that website would only charge one time. But they charged some more money 3 days later. But I've done it in the past, I mean pay to download something like on rapidshare to get it ultrafast and without waiting. This is the first time in 10 years of internet transactions I've become a victim of cyber-criminality.

This annoys me currently but it's hardly the end of the world so ... cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Some guy just started a perfectly civilized e-mail and question with this:

"I know its an unofficial site and you most likely dont know..."

Gee...thanks for summing me up because the word "unofficial" is in the title. rolleyes

LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    A bunch of internet thieves took some money from my VISA card, luckily I cought it in time so it's not too much, thank god for real time PC banking, so I got my card blocked only a week after the incident.

I admit it was in part my fault, I was too gullible in believing that website would only charge one time. But they charged some more money 3 days later. But I've done it in the past, I mean pay to download something like on rapidshare to get it ultrafast and without waiting. This is the first time in 10 years of internet transactions I've become a victim of cyber-criminality.

This annoys me currently but it's hardly the end of the world so ... cool

Mate, sorry to hear that but i am glad they didn't take more!

Could you possibly mention the site where this happened? Or in private message if you don't want it to appear in public, please? wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I would actually greatly prefer to have that out in the open.
    As Gilles' post reads now, I seem to understand that Rapidshare is charging more money than they should.

I -and I know for a fact some more people around these here parts- have a paid Rapidshare account, so any odd or negative experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    MY LEFT FOOT! crazy slant

No, nothing to do with Daniel Day Lewis or Elmer Bernstein's score. A few day ago I dropped a pile of weight lifting equipment onto my foot and now it's swollen and heavily bruised and hurts like f***ery everytime I bear any weight on it, the result being I can't leave the house or get any footwear on sad

Yes, I had it X-rayed and it's not broken but boy does it hurt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Get well soon, foot! kiss
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregje wrote
    Get well soon, foot! kiss

Thanks to you it's getting better already o' dear friend kiss smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    If thine foot offends thee, CUT IT OFF!

(Sorry...been hanging in the California religion thread too long... shame Hope you get better soon!!!)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    If thine foot offends thee, CUT IT OFF!

(Sorry...been hanging in the California religion thread too long... shame Hope you get better soon!!!)

Thanks pal beer

I'll take this opportunity to apologise to anyone who may have thought I've been cranky over the last few days. Being in pain can make you very irritable ( which is why I'm all by myself today...Mel had enough slant ).

If no one noticed then please carry on as normal....as if there's any such thing on this board? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have to say the mention of "normal" did make me smile! smile
    I noticed no irritability, but then I've been pretty absent, so I can't really comment.

Do take care, mate.
    Loads of aspirins I guess?
    I gather spirits won't do it, making the pain probably just more throbbing. Nasty business, bruises like that. sad