• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2011
    bunny

(Click my username and you'll see my real name there wink)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Oh shame
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011 edited
    It looks like this year at work is going to be a good one! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    How can you tell after only three weeks? shocked

(Youthful optimism, I would say. wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2011
    The rain took away the smog
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011
    my foot feels okay today
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2011
    pleased to hear that Tom smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011 edited
    There was an election in Norway yesterday (for the various cities and counties), and it seems my father -- who has been in the city council of Grimstad since 1995 -- was voted all the way to another 4-year term. He put himself LAST on the list voluntarily this time, since he wants to focus on county politics instead, but the voters wanted it differently. Great vote of confidence right there from the citizens of my hometown in the South. Here's a Norwegian news article on it:

http://www.agderposten.no/article/20110 … ABONNEMENT

He's a member of Venstre (literally translated as 'left', but better translated as The Liberal Party), which is my party also, so that made my day! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2011
    Big up for Thor's dad punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011
    Congratulations to your dad Thor!! smile fireworks
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2011
    a nice cool overcast day
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011
    I can see how that improved your day by a tiny little bit, Thor smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2011
    a nice cool overcast day.
  2. NASA announces definitive discovery of planet orbiting around two suns - as they say, just like on Tattooine! Watching announcement on NASA TV, they even have someone from ILM on the announcement panel!!

For some reason the announcement made me smile.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. So that galaxy far, far away does really exist? cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2011
    Well, now we know it did a long, long time ago!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2011
    The cool weather continues. Great for sleeping
  4. Just had two very good days in London, yesterday we just went to a park and talked there with some Japanese cuisine as a bonus. Today was my second visit to the British Museum and as a bonus we had a walk to Picadilly Circus and a good pizza.

A great thing was that it ended up that my host's (one of my very best friend for years, Richard) dad was a film score collector and we ended up listening to John Williams's Superman and Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek: The Motion Picture on original LPs (vinyl, bought back in the 1970s).

Also some classical music introduction, while the recording was somehow very quiet, I finally got to hear some of Vaughan Williams's symphonies (namely the third and fifth) under the baton of Sir Adrian Boult. Beautiful stuff smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2011 edited
    Glad you had a great time beer

The 3rd and 5th are amongst my favourite all time works, sublime music! Sir Adrian Boult knew RVW personally and was his conducter of choice, it's a shame that the recordings are so old.

Of modern recordings I would recommend Bryden Thomson's #3 and Richard Hickox # 5. I honestly can't praise these works enough.
  5. Last night's performance of Herrmann's Psycho was excellent. I now have even more of an appreciation of this score having watched the orchestra perform the music.

I think I shall write up a report for my blog when I get home later.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Seeing the stills again from this comedy classic. Haha good memories. biggrin
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2011
    Timmer wrote
    Glad you had a great time beer

The 3rd and 5th are amongst my favourite all time works, sublime music! Sir Adrian Boult knew RVW personally and was his conducter of choice, it's a shame that the recordings are so old.

Of modern recordings I would recommend Bryden Thomson's #3 and Richard Hickox # 5. I honestly can't praise these works enough.

Can't argue
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Another nice cool day. I'm grateful we had a fairly mild summer.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    I'm finally over the Red Sox out of the race so...

I am grateful to take a breath every day. If I have my health and I can hear the music, I am a happy man.

What's special about today though is that I found this site thanks to Martijn and I am able to meet some great people who are passionate about music/film music like I am.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We give a gold star to Martijn cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Welcome to the group Christian!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    sdtom wrote
    We give a gold star to Martijn cheesy

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorChristian
    Bregt wrote
    Welcome to the group Christian!

Thanks Bregt! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011
    Woke up very late today, lost all the morning in the bed, and was generally grumpy until i fell onto this and nearly spit my coffee on the screen biggrin

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/09/3 … use-rehab/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2011 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woke up very late today, lost all the morning in the bed, and was generally grumpy until i fell onto this and nearly spit my coffee on the screen biggrin

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2011/09/3 … use-rehab/

lol Two thumbs up from me & Mel thumbsup thumbsup