• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    Agreed, which will make an album all the more interesting!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2010
    Apparantly Brad Bird is getting closer to directing "Mission: Impossible IV". If he gets it, I hope that Michael Giacchino will get to score it. I really loved his MI3 score - one of the most action packed scores I have heard! smile
  1. In all honesty I hope it doesn't sound like M:I 3 again 'cause I don't love it. I hope it'll sound more like his game music if he gets the job.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    Lost: Season 5
    Original Television Soundtrack

The epic story of LOST twists, turns and time shifts in its brilliant fifth season. When destiny calls, the Oceanic 6 frantically race back to the island. Discover what forced them to return and find out the fate of all those who were left behind.

Academy Award-winner Michael Giacchino’s music has played a huge role in the series from the very beginning, and our latest collection of LOST musical highlights contains over 60 minutes of Season 5’s touching and thrilling score.

LOST Season 5 is now available on DVD and BluRay from ABC Home Video — and the show’s thrilling sixth and final season is currently airing on ABC.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 025 2
    Release Date: 05/11/10

Track List:

1. Making Up For Lost Time (3:23)
    2. The Swinging Bendulum (5:43)
    3. Locke’s Excellent Adventure (4:01)
    4. The Science Of Faith (2:19)
    5. More Locke Than Locke (3:13)
    6. Together Or Not Together (4:02)
    7. Through The Window (2:07)
    8. Dharma Delinquent (1:51)
    9. La Fleur (2:36)
    10. Crash And Yearn (2:28)
    11. Your Kharma Hit My Dharma (2:05)
    12. Alex In Chains (1:35)
    13. I Hear Dead People (1:52)
    14. For Love Of The Dame (3:17)
    15. Follow The Leader (7:50)
    16. Sawyer Jones And The Temple Of Boom (5:14)
    17. The Tangled Web (1:41)
    18. Dharma Disaster (5:17)
    19. Blessings And Bombs (1:30)
    20. Jack’s Swan Song (1:15)
    21. Dharma vs. Lostaways (4:23)
    22. The Incident (3:07)
    23. Jacob’s Stabber (7:32)

1:18:21
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010
    Anthony wrote
    [b]Lost: Season 5

1:18:21

Wow, I had never said there was that much new music.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I maintain the stance that there's not. Come May 11th, prove me wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I maintain the stance that there's not.

We won't forget this. Remeber Jordi saying Avatar was going to be a flop? tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That's fine, I want to be proven wrong!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    rolleyes

I'm usually well spirited about these, but that second one is just stupid.

I got a chuckle out of Jacob's Stabber though. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    There most certainly is NOT that much new music, unless you count the rips from previous seasons.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At least it's re-recorded and slightly re-arranged opposed to straight tracked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

biggrin

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Btw, one thing I do want to point out now is that if "The Tangled Web" is Jacob's theme, it's not the full cue as heard in the show.

The rip I did ages ago is a good two minutes long, and even that I'd cut down.

Let's see come May 11th, but brace yourselves.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    But... that's in Los Angeles? sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010 edited
    Yeah sad

But goody! Lost concert!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Btw, one thing I do want to point out now is that if "The Tangled Web" is Jacob's theme, it's not the full cue as heard in the show.

The rip I did ages ago is a good two minutes long, and even that I'd cut down.

Let's see come May 11th, but brace yourselves.

Oh no. The one cue I wanted in full... It's like a John Williams album all over again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2010
    Well sometimes edited music sounds better on an album - but cutting a 2 minute track seems risky... and Jacob's Theme is the one thing I am looking forward to on the album, so I hope they know what they are doing! smile

BTW... just listened to the Fringe album... the best piece of music I heard on the show (the intro from "The Dreamscape" where the guy falls from the building) was not on the album... not so happy about that sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    Some LOST samples

1. It sounds AWESOME

2. I only recognise the last track. God, I really don't know season five well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2010
    Great samples - can't wait! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    You'll find this interesting, if you love animation and music and Giacchino and live in LA...

Giacchino to host AMPAS animation music event
    http://animatedviews.com/2010/giacchino … sic-event/

Oscar-winning composer Michael Giacchino will be hosting “What’s Opera, Doc? Animation and Classical Music” on May 14 in Beverly Hills. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences event will present “some of the most inspired and memorable uses of classical music in animation”. Also appearing are Academy Music Branch governor Bruce Broughton and director Pete Docter. Full details follow:

ACADEMY HITS A HIGH NOTE WITH
    “WHAT’S OPERA, DOC?”
    Oscar®-winning composer Michael Giacchino (Ratatouille, Up) will guide audience members through some of the most inspired and memorable uses of classical music in animation in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences “What’s Opera, Doc? Animation and Classical Music” on Friday, May 14, at 7:30 p.m. at the Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills. He will be joined by Academy Music Branch governor Bruce Broughton (Silverado, The Rescuers Down Under) and Oscar-winning animated feature director Pete Docter (Monsters, Inc., Up).

Whether serving as the soundtrack for a Mickey Mouse comedy like The Band Concert (1935), a Bugs Bunny operatic parody like What’s Opera, Doc? (1957), or the symphonic and visual masterpiece Fantasia (1940), classical music has had a strong influence on animated films since they were first synchronized with sound.

This installment of the Academy’s Marc Davis Celebration of Animation is presented in conjunction with the citywide “Ring Festival LA” as well as the Academy’s new Chuck Jones exhibition. The evening will include big-screen presentations of the animated shorts Music Land (1935), A Corny Concerto (1943), The Rabbit of Seville (1950) and more. For a complete list of shorts, please visit http://www.oscars.org/events-exhibition … adoc.html.

Following the program, the Academy will hold extended viewing hours for “Chuck Jones: An Animator’s Life from A to Z-Z-Z-Z” and “The Fantastical Worlds of Ray Harryhausen.”

Tickets for “What’s Opera, Doc? Animation and Classical Music” will go on sale Wednesday, April 28. Tickets are $5 for the general public and $3 for Academy members and students with a valid ID. They may be purchased online at www.oscars.org, by mail, in person at the Academy during regular business hours or, depending on availability, on the night of the program when the doors open at 6:30 p.m. The Samuel Goldwyn Theater is located at 8949 Wilshire Boulevard in Beverly Hills. For more information, call (310) 247-3600 or visit www.oscars.org.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2010
    So there's the new Lost soundtrack on the Tuesday, the Lost concert on the Thursday and now this on the Friday? I wish I lived in the States. I'm packing my bags.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    Check out the kick ass tickets they're issuing for the concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2010
    Cool!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    Lost season 5 is now available on iTunes in the States.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote
    Check out the kick ass tickets they're issuing for the concert.

confused
    Kick-ass?
    Am I missing something?
    I just see a pretty generic ticket...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Note the "issued by Oceanic Airlines" on the top... and then look at the rest of the ticket. It's meant to look like a plane ticket!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ooooohhhhh. dizzy shame
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. The young have so much better observational skills.

I failed to see what the fuss was about either... shame
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.