• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010
    In terms of quality, ratings and influence over other tv shows and movies.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That just means it's a quality and influential show with high ratings. biggrin

Still not sure why it's important? Or am I obsessing over semantics too much?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I'd say influential, yes. Largely, in all fields. But important? Only time can tell.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    That just means it's a quality and influential show with high ratings. biggrin

Touché.

Steven wrote
    Still not sure why it's important? Or am I obsessing over semantics too much?

Hmm...maybe we use the term 'important' in different ways? If so, forget about importance. Let's say two of the most influential and original tv shows of the last decade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2010 edited
    Before any of you go into details about, why LOST is an influential show (and it is, btw) - please no Season 6 spoilers!!! Please use the LOST thread (that I don't read) for that... thanks! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Btw, one thing I do want to point out now is that if "The Tangled Web" is Jacob's theme, it's not the full cue as heard in the show.

The rip I did ages ago is a good two minutes long, and even that I'd cut down.

Let's see come May 11th, but brace yourselves.

They cut the ending of it - that's just a bad decision, IMO! I thought the ending was brilliant! Now every time I hear this track, I will feel something is missing... sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010
    Ditto. Giacchino and team usually nail the soundtracks, but this was a bad move. Why do we need the first half of The Swinging Bendulum? Or Through The Window? Surely they could have been switched? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2010 edited
    Yep. Still very distressed and depressed about that missing cue!

Haven't got it yet (waiting for the actual CD), but I wanted to know if Miles's theme is on there? I hope that isn't left out, too... (Bracing myself.)
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2010
    I waited too long and the Academy event is sold out sad
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The Lost concert was sold out in less than 24 hrs.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2010 edited
    fommes wrote
    Yep. Still very distressed and depressed about that missing cue!

Distressed? biggrin

That makes it sound like it's affecting your mental well being.

I'm just mildly upset. Besides I'm enjoying the rest of the album a whole lot more so it's not as big a deal as I first said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Yes, I'm afraid this has put me in a downward spiral again, according to my psychiatrist.

cool
    (Just kidding.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    Los Angeles Times uploaded a few videos from the Lost Live rehearsal - great stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RvK7TgA1Rw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OILYuJQd0Lk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvr4idL7g0

I love the idea of a jumpsuit... did he wear one at the concert? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010 edited
    A report of the AMPAS event here (though I don't have time to read it now sad)

“What’s Opera, Doc?” celebrates the marriage of animation and classical music
    Michael Giacchino, Pete Docter and Bruce Broughton came together this past Friday Night in Beverly Hills as part of the A.M.P.A.S.'s annual Marc Davis Celebration of Animation

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ … music.aspx
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    Thanks Miya!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010
    The Music Of 'Lost'

When millions of people gathered to watch the series finale of Lost last night, they bid farewell not only to the characters they'd come to love, but also to the brilliant work of composer Michael Giacchino. (Well, I thought it was brilliant. Bob thought it was just awful). Each week for the past six years, Giacchino wrote and recorded the sometimes haunting, sometimes soaring music that accompanied Jack, Sawyer, Kate and the rest of the Lost cast on its utterly baffling journey.

More at:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … =127091939
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010 edited
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … -0410-1108

Star Trek: The Deluxe Edition
    By Michael Giacchino

2-CD set will begin shipping the week of June 14.

Limited Edition of 5000 copies

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino

It opened on May 8, 2009 and became the blockbuster film that brought STAR TREK back to life. STAR TREK went on to make over $250 million at the domestic box office and become one of the best selling DVDs of the year. The original best-selling soundtrack quickly rose the be the No. 1 album in overall sales at iTunes.

The score is by Michael Giacchino, who recently won the Best Score Academy Award for his score for UP and just completed work on the sixth and final season of the classic television show LOST.

This special, deluxe edition from our CD Club presents over an hour of additional, unreleased music and sequences it into a chronological presentation of nearly 100 minutes of music from the film, including the final film version of the Main Title.

The elaborate and beautiful, 2-CD packaging includes a 28-page, full-color booklet (in the dimensions of a Blue-Ray disc case), with new liner notes by Starlog Magazine founder Kerry O'Quinn.

Answering calls for a deluxe edition of this much-loved score from the much-loved film, the Varese Sarabande CD Club is thrilled to offer this very special release for STAR TREK and Michael Giacchino fans alike.

Get it while we have it!

Disc One

1. Star Trek (2:26)
    2. Narada Boom (2:51)
    3. Hack To the Future (1:23)
    4. Nailin' the Kelvin (2:10)
    5. Labor of Love (2:44)
    6. Main Title (:46)
    7. Head To Heart Conversation (1:08)
    8. One Proud Mother (1:38)
    9. Hella Bar Talk (1:55)
    10. The Flask At Hand (:29)
    11. Welcome Back, Spock (1:09)
    12. Vulcan Gets a Good Drilling (1:30)
    13. Hangar Management (2:46)
    14. Enterprising Young Men (3:05)
    15. Flying Into a Trphlthdl (3:24)
    16. Nero Sighted (3:23)
    17. Matter? I Barely Know Her! (2:05)
    18. Jehosafats (3:03)
    19. Chutes and Matter (3:23)
    20. A Whole In My Hearth (:56)
    21. I've Fallen and I Can't Beam Up! (1:51)
    22. Spock Goes Spelunking (1:28)
    23. An Endangered Species (3:10)
    24. Galaxy's Worst Sushi Bar (2:14)
    25. Mandatory Leave of Absence (1:19)
    26. Dad's Route To School (:34)
    27. Frozen Dinner (1:30)
    28. You Snowin' Me? (:50)

Disc Two

1. Nice To Meld You (3:14)
    2. Hail To the Chief (:52)
    3. I Gotta Beam Me (2:02)
    4. Scotty's Tanked (1:37)
    5. What's With You? (2:12)
    6. Either Way, Someone’s Going Down (2:44)
    7. Trekking Down the Narada (2:31)
    8. Run and Shoot Offense (2:03)
    9. Does It Still McFly? (2:02)
    10. Nero Death Experience* (5:38)
    11. Nero Fiddles, Narada Burns (2:28)
    12. Black Holes Have a Lot of Pull (:55)
    13. Back From Black (:57)
    14. That New Car Smell (4:46)
    15. To Boldly Go* (:26)
    16. End Credits* (9:11)

punkpunkpunkpunkpunk
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ...so it has a weird case?

And I see they didn't go for the too inappropriate cue names:

3. Back From Black (:57)

was aptly credited in the movie as Once You Go Black Hole. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2010
    yay
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    24. Galaxy's Worst Sushi Bar

cool
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    yay

Not exactly overflowing with enthusiasm here either. slant
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can hazard a guess why. wink

But people will finally hear the Lost theme in the second part of Scotty's Tanked. biggrin

I wonder why MG decided to split the To Boldly Go/End Credits cue again and cut off the added crescendo which would bring the track to a nice ten minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    A socalled "deluxe edition" of a brand-new soundtrack? Now I've seen it all. As if the drive for C&C releases wasn't absurd enough as it was. Crazy stuff.

And I agree, whazzap with the blu-ray packaging? What's the point? Is the CD supposed to go with the DVD's and blu-rays?

I don't want to complain unnecessarily, as there's way too much of that already in film score land, but COME ON!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's superior.

It's a year old.

The blu-ray packaging is to fit the booklet in.

I think sales will be better now than say five years down the line. I hope MG gets a fair few CD releases done whilst on his hiatus from scoring. Lost season six, and hopefully a copy of the symphony or farewell concert are both on my wishlist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Yeah how you're supposed to put it along with the other scores with packaging like that? Not the brightest of decisions.

Still, if you don't want it don't get it. Plain and simple.

What I want from Giacchino are official releases of Small Soldiers and Call of Duty Finest Hour.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Thor wrote
    And I agree, whazzap with the blu-ray packaging? What's the point? Is the CD supposed to go with the DVD's and blu-rays?

Maybe the new release is just a straight-from-the-film rip of the score just like The Phantom Menace "Ultimate Edition"? wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yes please, I would love another album produced to the quality of that.

( vomit )
  3. Anthony wrote
    The blu-ray packaging is to fit the booklet in.

Surely there can't be that much to say about this score?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. I just listened to TPM Ultimate and I enjoyed it, I was expecting a really messy editing job on the second CD but it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it as it was, keeping in mind that's how it appears in the film for a reason.

But I understand why most people have a problem with it.
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    I just listened to TPM Ultimate and I enjoyed it, I was expecting a really messy editing job on the second CD but it wasn't too bad. I enjoyed it as it was, keeping in mind that's how it appears in the film for a reason.

But I understand why most people have a problem with it.

My sentiments exactly.