• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    Timmer wrote

Bless im, but no one would really want Dave's very strong Bristolian voice saying, "ere luke, oim yore fatherrr".

You're being to harsh...

no you're not.

-Erik=
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    This too way too long, but I'm glad I finally cracked it. smile
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    How is Lost Season 5 on CD? I remember people saying it had the least interesting music while it was airing, but how is it now that it is released?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's the weakest soundtrack too, but it's still pretty good. I'd give it three out of five. Season six has much stronger music however.
  1. Anthony wrote
    This too way too long, but I'm glad I finally cracked it. smile

What took you so long. How exactly do you do that?

Superbly done BTW. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    So, er, Sky High anyone? wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Anthony, what is the theme that is heard 1:20-2:10 on the track Sawyer Jones and the Temple of Boom? I really like it...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    That's the Submarine theme, originally from Medal Of Honor ("The U-Boat"). It started as a little easter egg in The Man From Tallahassee in season 3 but MG used it a lot more in seasons 5 and 6.
  2. New project for Giacchino:
    Let Me In
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … let-me-in/
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010
    Wow, probably the only thing that can make this project (the film I mean) appealing to me. No way they are gonna improve (not even match) the swedish original version, but Giacchino scoring this kind of movie is quite interesting.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    What an incredibly strange combination of film, director, actors and composer.... shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scorefanatic wrote
    New project for Giacchino:
    Let Me In
    http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … let-me-in/

Meh!

Bring on John Carter.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Scribe wrote
    What an incredibly strange combination of film, director, actors and composer.... shocked

Strange indeed, though not quite so strange as the facebook movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris

Let Me In is a remake of the Swedish vampire thriller Let The Right One In from 2008 and stars Chloe Moretz, Kodi Smit-McPhee and Richard Jenkins. Overture is set to release the movie on October 1.

As much as i love Giacchino, it will be hard to top the original by Soderqvist. It was minimal but strong of passion. I am guessing Giacchino will go the dark material from Lost-way.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    As much as i love Giacchino, it will be hard to top the original by Soderqvist. It was minimal but strong of passion. I am guessing Giacchino will go the dark material from Lost-way.

Those are exactly my thoughts. But being Giacchino, I don't think it will be a Soderqvist rip off, and I've wanted MG to score something like this for a while now. I just hope he stays away from the cliched solo-violin crap!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It won't be a Soderqvist rip-off, he's so departed from that style; but we will get Lost-trademarked dark moments.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Americans are strange. They'd rather remake a perfectly fine film - mostly told in traditional Hollywood style - than to add subtitles. And of course - the Swedish culture is so far removed from their own that there's no way Americans can understand anything of it, right?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thor wrote
    Americans are strange. They'd rather remake a perfectly fine film - mostly told in traditional Hollywood style - than to add subtitles.

Really good point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Thor wrote
    Americans are strange. They'd rather remake a perfectly fine film - mostly told in traditional Hollywood style - than to add subtitles. And of course - the Swedish culture is so far removed from their own that there's no way Americans can understand anything of it, right?

It's pretty stupid, yeah. I'm looking forward to Giacchino's score though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    It's a good enough film that I don't mind seeing another take. And the two child stars (from Kick-Ass and The Road) are supposedly excellent, but I haven't seen either of them yet. So I'm looking forward to it. It's just very strange. You'd think it would be anyone but the director of Cloverfield...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I've seen THE ROAD, it's good. I haven't seen nor plan to, KICK ASS. There was absolutely no need to remake such a good film though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Kick-Ass is the best film I've seen this year. You should check it out, D.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Do you have Netflix in Europe?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

I've yet to see it but from the reviews and word of mouth I believe it's a film that's my cup of tea.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

I totally agree. It is not what it seems, D. A must see. The cast is superb (yes, Nicholas Cage best performance in ages) the humour is clever and the action is terrific. Oh, and the score works perfectly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I heard it's quite good too.....hmm, maybe you'll change my mind smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    As for the best Nic Cage performance, it will be very hard to top 'The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans' which was amazing to say the least.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    As for the best Nic Cage performance, it will be very hard to top 'The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans' which was amazing to say the least.

Nicholas Cage's best performance in ages along with 'The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans' tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    .....which would not top his performance in BRINGING OUT THE DEAD, a phenomenal piece of work.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    .....which would not top his performance in BRINGING OUT THE DEAD, a phenomenal piece of work.

IMO a rare misfire from Scorcese for me, hated the film but yeah, Cage's performance was very good.