• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    I thought BRINGING OUT THE DEAD was incredibly depressing. Not a fun watch, but it did something with me, which makes it a good film for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    .....which would not top his performance in BRINGING OUT THE DEAD, a phenomenal piece of work.

IMO a rare misfire from Scorcese for me, hated the film but yeah, Cage's performance was very good.

I loved its out of this world, heady and bizzare logic; quite a different film from the bunch around.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    "The End" is up for an Emmy for best score. While I think Across The Sea was the best this season I can easily see why the finale was favoured. I hope he wins - I'm sure it would look good alongside the Emmy for the pilot. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2010
    And he's also attending Comic Con. So much for this time off, eh?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010
    Michael has said as well as Let Me In and John Carter he will also be scoring J.J. Abrams' Super 8 as well as Brad Bird's Mission Impossible 4!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    ....so much for a break....

or does this period right now count?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I was susprised he said he would first be doing Super 8 and M:I-4 and then John Carter of Mars, since that latter film, he told me earlier, is already done shooting and now in post production. Though he did tell me the film needs a LOT of post-production, I didn't think it would need that much. Or we shouldn't rely that much of the chronology he spoke of at the conference...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm not sure if the order is right. He didn't mention the concert piece, Undercovers, or Arthur Christmas.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010 edited
    Rob Townson just announced the LOST season six soundtrack here in Ubeda. No details or confirmed release date at the moment but it's coming! He also treated us playing the finale cue "Moving On" and another (which he unfortunately ran out of time to put on) called "The Hole Shebang".
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2010
    biggrin

Thats great news. Need to get the last three then.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010
    Please tell me you told him to include the whole The Incident prologue! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's amazing news! One that i'll definitely pre-order as soon as it becomes available; season six contains some of the top work ever to be included in the Lost saga.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Giacchino also said during the conference that it was his favorite season, since all the themes and loose ends come together for the finale. I'd say we can expect a generous release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    but it's coming!

Oh no!
  1. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    .....which would not top his performance in BRINGING OUT THE DEAD, a phenomenal piece of work.

IMO a rare misfire from Scorcese for me, hated the film but yeah, Cage's performance was very good.

So far for me it is the last Scorsese film I truly enjoyed. (Admittedly I haven't seen SHUTTER ISLAND yet.) At least he cared what he was making a film about. (He cared with GANGS, but was in over his head and too close to the material, so it didn't really work.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    I thought Bringing Out the Dead was great. I enjoy almost all his films but I don't think he's done one quite that good since (or with quite that good use of music).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010 edited
    franz_conrad wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

So far for me it is the last Scorsese film I truly enjoyed. (Admittedly I haven't seen SHUTTER ISLAND yet.) At least he cared what he was making a film about. (He cared with GANGS, but was in over his head and too close to the material, so it didn't really work.)

SHUTTER ISLAND is uneven and at times predictable, but overall quite good. Loved the mood, especially in the first two acts of the film. Be warned, though - it's NOT a horror film!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Don't worry, I'm no horror fan. I am however a Penderecki fan! wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2010
    Both Penderecki and Shutter Island are simply at the top; believe me wink
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Hmm... is this the Michael Giacchino score realise?

http://www.amazon.de/Lost-Season-Origin … mp;sr=1-73

According to amazon.de there should be a "Lost: The final season" CD be released on August 24th. Nothing yet on Varese Sarabande...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It is.

The DVD comes out on August 24th so maybe Amazon are taking a guess the soundtrack will too.

Varese usually announce releases on their site a couple of months in advance so I'm going to hazard a guess it will be September for this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WANT
    THIS
    SO
    BADLY.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    After three years of buying the new Lost soundtrack in the spring, it will be weird if the last one comes out earlier. I'm fully prepared and expecting to not get it until April 2011-ish.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I would hope we don't have to wait that long. It would make more sense to release it at the same time as the DVD's.

The seasons one and two soundtracks were released seven months apart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I only started following it (the soundtrack releases) in season 3 so I have only ever bought them in the spring. I'll be perfectly happy if it gets released earlier too smile especially since now we know there are plenty of upcoming Giacchino projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    After three years of buying the new Lost soundtrack in the spring, it will be weird if the last one comes out earlier. I'm fully prepared and expecting to not get it until April 2011-ish.

The show is over, no reason to keep us waiting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Except perhaps the reason that longer periods of anticipation increase the pleasure when it finally arrives...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Because that's a viable sales technique...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    It is!

How much less hype would there be about Starcraft II if it had been released five or six years ago?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    How much hype would there be among Lost but non-soundtrack fans if they waited several months?

We'd anticipate it more, but people who buy it off the cuff with their DVD's probably wouldn't wait.