• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Check out the kick ass tickets they're issuing for the concert.

What's the gate?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010
    Samples from "Lost: Season 5" are online on Amazon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2010 edited
    And it's already available via iTunes.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ......only in the US though.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, at least SOME people can get it early...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    I've just learnt that one of the best musical moments in the season is not included on the new Season 5 CD - the second cue of the Incident prologue (with the zoom-out shot on the beach with Jacob), and there are no words to describe my disappointment. I really, really can't believe it's not on the CD (a CD with almost 80 minutes to boot). Worst ost-related news in two years.
    (THIS is why all the music should be out there so that we can be our own soundtrack producers, by the way.)

Seriously, Erik, you're on good terms with Giacchino, right? Any chance you might ask him why it's not included (without sounding accusatory like I'm being right now smile)?
    And any chance at all you could ask him to include it on next year's Season 6 CD? Please?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I've started a mini uprising!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

..which means?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

..which means?

Exactly what I said. If you live in the States and want the score now instead of waiting for the CD release you can buy it from iTunes. Not that hard to figure out.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    I've started a mini uprising!

I have not yet felt all that intrigued by Jacob's theme personally, but considering how little obviously new music was featured in Season 5, it's absolutely insane for some of the most unique not to be included on the CD.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2010
    Brad Bird confirmed for Mission: Impossible 5. Will MG be back?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is the 4th already out and they're planning a 5th one too?
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    I think it's a typo. Unless they've decided to skip M:I4 and go directly to M:I5 smile
    But hopefully Giacchino's back - loved his M:I3 score...
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    fommes wrote
    I've just learnt that one of the best musical moments in the season is not included on the new Season 5 CD - the second cue of the Incident prologue (with the zoom-out shot on the beach with Jacob), and there are no words to describe my disappointment. I really, really can't believe it's not on the CD (a CD with almost 80 minutes to boot). Worst ost-related news in two years.
    (THIS is why all the music should be out there so that we can be our own soundtrack producers, by the way.)

I had the same problem with the Fringe score - the coolest piece of music I heard on the entire show, was from the opening scene of "The Dreamscape" - but sadly it wasn't on the cd sad

I am currently 5 episodes into the 6th season of Lost, and there has been some fantastic music so far. But a lot of it is probably going to be absent on the cd, which sucks...

I wonder what it would take, if they were to make ALL the music from every single episode available as a (cheap) download? Would be a cool thing, but it will probably never happen... I guess they'll save it, so they can make lot's of expanded releases in the years to come, and get more of our money smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Too bad about Fringe as well! Watching it for the first time but not yet come to that Dreamscape episode, but I'll be sure to keep my ears open.

It's just very frustrating. I realize that you can't release everything, of course, and that would also kill the listening experience entirely (the Season 3 CD, for instance, is slightly overkill; too bad they picked that season to release a double CD, season 4 would have been much better).

But in this case, it's immensely surprising that they've left off that short Incident cue since most of the music in the season was essentially rehash - as Scribe said. It's one of the signature Lost moments of the show damnit! Musically too.
    I also hear that there's only one cue from the Miles episode, which is likewise surprising. When I rewatched the season last year, there were two episodes that stuck out musically (in a good way): that Miles episode and The Incident, and especially the latter's prologue. And that's it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The Fringe cd put me to sleep with its rushed, fragmented and cheap nature. Sounded like leftovers from synth demo version of Lost material to me. But i have to admit i don't watch the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's wallpaper scoring in Fringe. It certainly gives the show a musical identity, but there's nothing I'd want to hear outside of the show.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    I think it's good, but not as good as Lost... but I still think it has it's own sound, which is cool.

I think it's a little weird that it's 3 composers, but it all sounds like Giacchino. I am wondering what the work process was? Michael Giacchino is the only one credited on the first many episodes of the show, but still there are 11 Chad Seiter cues on the cd, and only 2 by Giacchino...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    "I think it's a little weird that it's 3 composers, but it all sounds like Giacchino."

^ I won't say anything about that line wink smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Christodoulides wrote
    "I think it's a little weird that it's 3 composers, but it all sounds like Giacchino."

^ I won't say anything about that line wink smile

I have no idea what you are talking about. smile
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    The Fringe cd put me to sleep with its rushed, fragmented and cheap nature. Sounded like leftovers from synth demo version of Lost material to me. But i have to admit i don't watch the show.

I think the Fringe soundtrack is better than the latest Lost one actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Artworks wrote
    I think it's good, but not as good as Lost... but I still think it has it's own sound, which is cool.

I think it's a little weird that it's 3 composers, but it all sounds like Giacchino. I am wondering what the work process was? Michael Giacchino is the only one credited on the first many episodes of the show, but still there are 11 Chad Seiter cues on the cd, and only 2 by Giacchino...

I quote Chris Tilton (he posted it in the Fringe thread):

Just a FYI and for those interested, I've been writing about 85%-90% of the show's music since episode 11 of season 1 (including the youtube linked final scene). I'll be doing 100% going forward. Just thought I'd clarify since I've seen several posts asking who was doing what and when regarding Fringe's music.

Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I agree.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Really?
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Artworks wrote
    I think it's a typo. Unless they've decided to skip M:I4 and go directly to M:I5 smile
    But hopefully Giacchino's back - loved his M:I3 score...

I think it's pretty much a given that Giacchino will score M:I4 (since Brad Bird liked working with him at Pixar) and J.J. Abrams' Super 8 (which is coming next summer).
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The final recording session of Lost takes place today!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    An era has passed! sad
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, indeed. Of great magnitude and importance, if you really think about it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    This may two of the more important and influential tv shows ever, end. Yes, the other one is 24.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Important how?