• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008
    The OST was fine, but why pass up the chance of getting more music? lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Well you´re right here. Even if I´ve said I´m satisfied with the original release, I never say no to a complete / expanded / whatever.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

Well you´re right here. Even if I´ve said I´m satisfied with the original release, I never say no to a complete / expanded / whatever.

biggrin
  1. Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Isn't anyone else more interested in this expanded version though?! dizzy

The 62 minutes official cd was enough for me. I didn´t notice more music in the film not included in the cd, or at least nothing really necessary.

The 62 minute version was more than enough for me thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. EnemyToo wrote
    Is Mr. Giacchino scoring Land of the Lost (2009) directed by Brad Siberling? He's listed on IMDB but as we all know that's not the most reliable of sources until it's confirmed by a studio or an agency.

This would be very exciting if true.

It's confirmed now on GSA Music's website! Really exciting news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008
    Scorefanatic wrote
    EnemyToo wrote
    Is Mr. Giacchino scoring Land of the Lost (2009) directed by Brad Siberling? He's listed on IMDB but as we all know that's not the most reliable of sources until it's confirmed by a studio or an agency.

Whew! Other secret I can let loose! Man, that was killing me! Michael is really excited about working on that film. BIG DINO MUSIC!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Jurassic Park Giacchino style? I hope so!

Why can't you tell us anything Erik? tongue wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Scorefanatic wrote
    EnemyToo wrote

Whew! Other secret I can let loose! Man, that was killing me! Michael is really excited about working on that film. BIG DINO MUSIC!!!

-Erik-

I presume the film is based on the old TV show?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

Why can't you tell us anything Erik? tongue wink

Michael told me to keep it a secret until it was announced!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited
    Is there anything else that's secret that we have to look forward to? dizzy (obviously you can't say what though..)
  3. Anthony wrote
    Is there anything else that's secret that we have to look forward to? dizzy (obviously you can't say what though..)

yeah, they should include the Cloverfield suite as a bonus on the Lost CD wink
    Oh, if only it would be possible
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Anthony wrote

Oh, yeah, that sure is something we've never heard before wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I didn't know that was out on CD! shocked

Jurassic Park Giacchino Style + 10 years experience? tongue I hope so!
  4. Anthony wrote
    I didn't know that was out on CD! shocked

Jurassic Park Giacchino Style + 10 years experience? tongue I hope so!

yeah, I have that, its on my old site, I bought it the moment I heard Medal of Honor. I was kinda hoping it was as good as that one wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008
    That sounds like a disappointed boy? wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I heard it, but only once. It sounded...small. Not the Giacchino style I like. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    Emmy- and Grammy-winning composer Michael Giacchino will join journalist and USC professor Jon Burlingame for "How To 'Score' Big in the Movies," a discussion of Giacchino's career in film scoring, on Thursday, March 20 at 7:30 p.m. at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art's Bing Theatre.

The evening is part of a lecture series presented by Zócalo (Spanish for "Public Square"), a Los Angeles-based organization that creates non-partisan, multi-ethnic forums in which participants can enjoy a rare opportunity for intellectual fellowship.

Giacchino, whose music credits include the animated feature The Incredibles and television's Lost and Alias, recently earned an Oscar nomination for Ratatouille. He will discuss his studies in film production at the School of Visual Arts in New York and composition at Juilliard that eventually led him to film scoring.

Zócalo Radio broadcasts its Public Square series on Sundays at 9 p.m. on Southern California public radio KPCC 89.3 FM or continually on its web site podcast. The discussion between Giacchino and Burlingame will air Sunday, March 23.

LACMA is located at 5905 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles. Tickets are free; reservations are required. For more information, call (213) 403-0416, or visit the Zócalo or LACMA web sites.

http://www.zocalola.org
    http://www.lacma.org
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Cool. I assume when they say "continually on its website podcast" they mean it will be up for download?

And welcome back Dan! wave
  5. BobdH wrote

Well its definitely not MOH in quality, it got some good themes and moments but as Anthony said it doesn't sound as big as I probably hoped. Plus almost each track is 2 minutes, meaning how could you develop something in 2 minutes all the time?

Ah wel, its good but I like other Giacchino material before it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    BobdH wrote

Well its definitely not MOH in quality, it got some good themes and moments but as Anthony said it doesn't sound as big as I probably hoped. Plus almost each track is 2 minutes, meaning how could you develop something in 2 minutes all the time?

Can't write a Medal of Honor type score all the time!

-Erik-

PS - Themes can be developed in less than two minutes. It didn't take long for John Williams to develop a famous two note motif for a great white shark.
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    It didn't take long for John Williams to develop a famous two note motif for a great white shark.

Well, the 2-note motif is just the bass part of it. There's the French horn bit, the middle bridge, etc.....
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2008
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    It didn't take long for John Williams to develop a famous two note motif for a great white shark.

Well, the 2-note motif is just the bass part of it. There's the French horn bit, the middle bridge, etc.....

Or the famous "Prologue" from Hook...that's only 90 seconds.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    dgoldwas wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

rolleyes

Thanks Captain Obvious! And how long is that fully developed piece... under two minutes. Yeah!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thanks Captain Obvious!

LOL biggrin

Made my morning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thanks Captain Obvious!

LOL biggrin

Made my morning.

Made me laugh aloud too biggrin cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    BobdH wrote

-Erik-

PS - Themes can be developed in less than two minutes. It didn't take long for John Williams to develop a famous two note motif for a great white shark.

True true true, but if you look at the Medal of Honor scores (that's what I did when I heard Lost World) you noticed how Giacchino always developped his music in 3 to 4 minutes, he had the time to make it build and explode. I kinda lost that feeling during Lost World. But true, MOH he can't create all the time so for me it was a little dissapointing, but still fairly enjoyable
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    BobdH wrote

-Erik-

True true true, but if you look at the Medal of Honor scores (that's what I did when I heard Lost World) you noticed how Giacchino always developped his music in 3 to 4 minutes, he had the time to make it build and explode. I kinda lost that feeling during Lost World. But true, MOH he can't create all the time so for me it was a little dissapointing, but still fairly enjoyable

I agree with the wonderful development of themes and motifs in Medal of Honor but that was because there was enough money so he could afford to create 4-5 minute pieces. Sometimes the budget isn't there and all they can afford are 2-3 minute pieces. So, you have to do with what you are given. Of course Giacchino would love to develop his themes with longer pieces but sometime his hands are tied and there is nothing he can do.

-Erik-
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Tommy_Boy wrote
    BobdH wrote

-Erik-

I agree with the wonderful development of themes and motifs in Medal of Honor but that was because there was enough money so he could afford to create 4-5 minute pieces. Sometimes the budget isn't there and all they can afford are 2-3 minute pieces. So, you have to do with what you are given. Of course Giacchino would love to develop his themes with longer pieces but sometime his hands are tied and there is nothing he can do.

-Erik-

Yeah, I guess its all about money sometimes and Lost World was one of the first video games that went for an orchestral score if I wasn't mistaken. Ah well I guess he'll get all the funds he wants now!!! wink
    • CommentAuthorkarel
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2008 edited
    Well look what I just stumbled upon:

Meet … The Others! Season Three of the blockbuster series LOST got of to a mysterious start and worked up a tremendous amount of excitement before unveiling one of the most jaw-dropping moments in recent television history to close its thrilling season finale.

LOST fans have been going crazy waiting for this Season 3 soundtrack. And here it is! Finally! And this one is special. Composer Michael Giacchino composed some of his most complex and captivating music for LOST’s third season. The season contained so many highlights that we couldn’t squeeze them all onto a single CD! So here’s our own LOST surprise … Disc One of this Season 3 soundtrack contains the best music from the season up to the two-hour finale. Disc Two features the complete original score from the two-part finale episode Through The Looking Glass. No fan of LOST will be able to do without this one! Michael Giacchino’s music for LOST has consistently ranked among the medium’s very best and for the third season he was really able to let loose. His music is moving, compelling, more than a little tense, mysterious and heartbreakingly beautiful.

LOST Season 3 is the soundtrack everyone has been waiting for and now we offer more than could have even be hoped for!!!

https://www.colosseum.de/colosseum/product_info.php?cPath=28_30&products_id=2112

Just signed up 'cause I couldn't resist sharing... smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2008 edited
    I think I'll get my copy straight from Varese, but thanks for that! Demetris will be happy! biggrin

And welcome to the boards! wave