• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote

Dan Wallin works in both analog and digital. Wallin recored and mixed the score.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

On one interview (I think it was MI3), Giacchino mentions Wallin usually says ''play as loud as you like as I don't have to worry about levels''. But I stress again, bongos ARE NOT THAT LOUD! crazy tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DemonStar wrote
    Robinson wrote
    I really loved Ratatouille. It was such a wonderful score!!

Absolutely! Me too, man! beer

I love it too, one of my favourite Giacchino scores. As I've said before (much to people's shock and horror it would seem) I prefer Giacchino's Pixar scores above anything else he's done.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    DemonStar wrote
    Robinson wrote
    I really loved Ratatouille. It was such a wonderful score!!

Absolutely! Me too, man! beer

I love it too, one of my favourite Giacchino scores. As I've said before (much to people's shock and horror it would seem) I prefer Giacchino's Pixar scores above anything else he's done.

I can't decide! There's the two sides to Giacchino. The really rich, melodic side that his Pixar scores fall under, and the really raw, aggressive scores like MI3 and Lost. I love them both equally! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    I can't decide! There's the two sides to Giacchino. The really rich, melodic side that his Pixar scores fall under, and the really raw, aggressive scores like MI3 and Lost. I love them both equally! dizzy

The latter, by far and easily.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Yeah that's what you prefer, but not necessarily Anthony! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Agree.
    But then there´s the third Giacchino side: his melodic, thematic, bold, brassy side: MOH, SWON, etc etc.
    That´s the one I prefer over the other two.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Southall wrote
    goat

Come on Bregt.

Olright? wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2008 edited
    applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah boiiiii!!! biggrin applause
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I am...Lost. dizzy confused

Edit: Oh wait, applause! applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Way to go, mate beer applause
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    applause for Giacchino now we can.

The next step will be a smilie that can bow. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

I like both sides! Though I don't think The Incredibles really deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Ratatouille, just because of its more limited ambition.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'd like some more of the former from him to be honest. We have a ton of aggressive stuff like MI3, Lost, Turning Point, Call Of Duty etc. Not that I want this to stop as I loooove it, but we haven't had a lot of rich melodic stuff. smile

(not that Lost and MI3 aren't rich, just not in the same way! wink )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote

Matt C wrote
    I bet Erik is thrilled that Dan Wallin won't mix the score for Speed Racer. I mean, Wallin is an analog-based score mixer... right? wink

Dan Wallin works in both analog and digital.

Indeed... and actually he made the first-ever digital recording of a film score (The Black Hole).
    • CommentAuthortimme
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    I'd like some more of the former from him to be honest. We have a ton of aggressive stuff like MI3, Lost, Turning Point, Call Of Duty etc. Not that I want this to stop as I loooove it, but we haven't had a lot of rich melodic stuff. smile

Is Turning Point already available on cd or digital download? Because I can't find it anywhere.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Matt C wrote
    I bet Erik is thrilled that Dan Wallin won't mix the score for Speed Racer. I mean, Wallin is an analog-based score mixer... right? wink

Dan Wallin works in both analog and digital.

Indeed... and actually he made the first-ever digital recording of a film score (The Black Hole).

I remember when the LP was released. I picked it up in Woolworths for the odd price of £1.79, I've no idea why it was released for such a cheap price? I think the average LP price in 1979 was about £3.00.

Disney very rarely released orchestral scores at all.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    timme wrote
    Anthony wrote

Is Turning Point already available on cd or digital download? Because I can't find it anywhere.

There's a game rip circulating around but nothing official yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    timme wrote
    Anthony wrote

The game is a pile of crap by the way. One of the weakest shooters I´ve played to. Any new score bi Giacchino is welcomed though.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah it's bound to be crap with mind-blowing games like CRYSIS, CALL OF DUTY 4, GEARS OF WAR circulating around.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    timme wrote
    Anthony wrote

Have you played the demo? I only downloaded it to listen to the score (before the rip), but it's comical how bad it is in this day and age! biggrin

The game is a pile of crap by the way. One of the weakest shooters I´ve played to. Any new score bi Giacchino is welcomed though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2008
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36217
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008
    Sweet, G mania!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That wasn't anything new! cry Looks like a site is getting desperate for news. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Strange, on Disney Music website, Ratatouille Soundtrack has a slightly different track listing and itapparantly has two additional tracks (26 tracks in total). Could it be the track listing of that *expanded* promo that was spotted on eBay some time ago?

http://disneymusic.disney.go.com/albums … uille.html
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    That Disney listing is the original mock-up track list. I've been looking for the original to work out which cues were taken off in the end. smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    ''Remy's Secret Life'' and ''Breakfast Is Served''. Nothing major missing at all.

I'm still very interested in finding out what the cast and crew promo is. I contacted the person on ebay selling it but they were like ''there's no track listing'' and they didn't reply when I asked the number of tracks or length. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Well hopefully it will be better accessible in the time to come. But I don't feel these two tracks are highlights or something (can't remember, I don't remember about them from the movie). But it is a must get if a chance does present itself!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    We have all the highlights. Still, as you said, you can't pass having more music! (unless it's going to cost you $100)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    There is *one* highlight missing actually: The DVD menu tune. In the film it's played when Remy is reunited with his family (apparantly played by the Rats in that sequence of the film).