• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    If you watch the deleted scenes, you can get an idea of the unused sections of score (the deleted intro scene is really good). Even then, there's still lots of different versions of the final pieces you can hear throughout the making-of bits on the DVD/net. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2008 edited
    Oh, well if it is those cues we want, it's the complete version we must seek. If it exists.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2008
    Yeah, but these were "in production" cues, so they've likely been destroyed or locked away somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Destroyed? Very unlikely. I say they're probably stored in "Composer's 8-track Archives" wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't wanna hear it then! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008
    This is probably not legal to even talk about, but I'm too excited to care. ----

A high-quality mp3 version of "Roar!" is out there on the internet. Seems to be recorded from a radio show, thus with some statics. But it comes with a length of 9:53, which means---

the extended two minutes is included !

I'm left speechless after hearing this in its full glory. Michael Giacchino and the giant monster rule the world !
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But the full version is 13 minutes. confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorelenewton
    my mistake.
    previously somebody recorded a poor quality version in a cinema. and that length is 8:00.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    So this is a longer but not complete? biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As Giacchino said himself, they need to get it out before the DVD so people don't just rip it. Too late. tongue biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Na'h, it's never late for Giacchino fans. Besides, the upcoming one is longer which means it still has something that makes it a worthy purchase.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's a good bit of music..but I don't think it fits the film..at all! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote

But it fit the End Credits perfectly. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I disagree. I think the credits should have been silent (or had that rumble like at the beginning) the whole way through. It's an awesome monster style cue, but Cloverfield didn't have that "Godzilla" vibe I'd associate with this type of music. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2008 edited
    Well, that's why you first get a few minutes of silence. I think it's done perfectly. Is has the atmoshperic ambience first to get 'out of the film', and then slowly starts the kickass overture that puts this film in the right perspective. Because, let's face it, in spite of its nifty camerawork, it's nothing more than a B-monstermovie/popcornflick, and that suite points out that it should be seen as just that. It's really a kind of a statement they make with that music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

I disagree. I think the credits should have been silent (or had that rumble like at the beginning) the whole way through. It's an awesome monster style cue, but Cloverfield didn't have that "Godzilla" vibe I'd associate with this type of music. smile

Bah! Have fun at the movies once and a while, would ya!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Bah! Have fun at the movies once and a while, would ya!

-Erik-

I do, quite frequently. This wasn't my type of movie though. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2008 edited
    Has anyone come accross any more info about Lost season 3? I just want a tracklist if anything! cry

Get the wave spin started! biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008
    Anthony wrote
    Has anyone come accross any more info about Lost season 3? I just want a tracklist if anything! cry

Get the wave spin started! biggrin wink

How much longer can Varese hold out?! I'm dying to find out what's going to be on this! crazy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    They don't feel any specific urge to reveal more about it 'cause all us Lost loonies have already pre-ordered it in blind, anyway.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I hope the "complete" season finale really is complete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2008 edited
    Panthera wrote

I'm pretty sure it will be!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthordgoldwas
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    FYI

http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_ev … 40908.html

Composer Michael Giacchino talked with veteran journalist Jon Burlingame on March 20 at the Los Angeles Country Museum of Art's Leo S. Bing Theater as part of the Zócalo Public Square Lecture Series.

===========================
    The talk will be broadcast on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 9 p.m. on 89.3 KPCC-FM. It will subsequently be available as a podcast. Los Angeles cable viewers will be able to see the event on L.A. cable channel 36 at the following times: 10 p.m. Tuesday, April 15; 9 p.m. Tuesday, April 17; 7 p.m. Sunday, April 20; and 10 p.m. Sunday, April 20.
    I consider a project a success when Thor says he won't buy it
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Panthera wrote

I'm pretty sure it will be!

-Erik-

Even with the dodgy editing before the Lost logo at the beginning? biggrin
  1. dgoldwas wrote
    FYI

http://www.filmmusicsociety.org/news_ev … 40908.html

Composer Michael Giacchino talked with veteran journalist Jon Burlingame on March 20 at the Los Angeles Country Museum of Art's Leo S. Bing Theater as part of the Zócalo Public Square Lecture Series.

The talk will be broadcast on Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 9 p.m. on 89.3 KPCC-FM. It will subsequently be available as a podcast. Los Angeles cable viewers will be able to see the event on L.A. cable channel 36 at the following times: 10 p.m. Tuesday, April 15; 9 p.m. Tuesday, April 17; 7 p.m. Sunday, April 20; and 10 p.m. Sunday, April 20.

The interview is now online: http://www.zocalola.org/past_events_2008.html (just scroll down to the middle of the page).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008 edited
    I'm still at the beginning, but we get to HEAR Speed Racer apparantly...?? cheesy shocked
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2008
    False advertising! No Speed Racer! sad

But it was a pretty good interview. Rather standard question and answer session, but I liked it. applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    Varese pushed back the release of LOST Season 3 with a week! shocked biggrin
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    WHAT THE !!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Fudge. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorjedizim
    So now Varese has 2 Giacchino titles coming out on the same day... Lost Season 3 and Speed Racer. It is a good day to be a Giacchino fan!!!
    ---- Well, I wouldn't argue that it wasn't a no holds barred, adrenaline fueled thrill ride. But, there is no way you can perpetrate that amount of carnage and mayhem and not incur a considerable amount of paperwork.