• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. grrrrrmmmmbbbbllllll.......

wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    Steven wrote
    I MUST know when the season 4 soundtrack is being released?

Erik, any info? tongue

Even, a "be patient"? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Be mental patient, even?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not crazy, there really are voices in my head. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apparently Stevens AREN'T highly resistant to Jedi Mind Tricks...
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...these aren't the droids we're looking for. Move along.
  2. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. Giacchino Score Port; you'll never find a more annoying hide of nerds and virgins.

tongue
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    Giacchino Score Port

Now THERE's a drink I'd buy in a heartbeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2008
    UP is up! cheesy

http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/up/

(Is it Giacchino's music or not?)

Anyway I expect great "flying music" from him...!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  4. Yes, GIacchino rarely misses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008
    'Ratatouille' composer nabs Oscar gig

LOS ANGELES – The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has tapped "Ratatouille" composer Michael Giacchino as music director for the upcoming Oscars ceremony.

The Emmy-winning "Lost" and "Speed Racer" composer and conductor was selected by Oscar producer Laurence Mark and executive producer Bill Condon, also newcomers to the ceremony. They selected fellow Academy Awards first-timers Roger Goodman to direct, and David Rockwell as set designer for the Feb. 22 show.

Giacchino, who was nominated last year for an original score Oscar for "Ratatouille," has never conducted a live telecast before. He said he hopes to inject some Hollywood nostalgia into the live ceremony when he leads the orchestra pit at the Kodak Theatre for the ceremony.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081117/ap_ … c_director

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    The Emmy-winning "Lost" and "Speed Racer" composer and conductor

-Erik-

Conductor? So he never conducts to save time or there´s a mistake in the article?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    'Ratatouille' composer nabs Oscar gig

LOS ANGELES – The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has tapped "Ratatouille" composer Michael Giacchino as music director for the upcoming Oscars ceremony.

How wicked is that! Granted, we'll probably only see him once and the rest of the time he'll spend down in the orchestra pit. biggrin cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    punk
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Who's presenting the Oscars this year? Ellen DeGeneres was damn good as couple of years ago, but whoever did this years was completely forgettable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Conductor? So he never conducts to save time or there´s a mistake in the article?

He does conduct! Now, he might not conduct his film scores during recording sessions but he does know how to conduct and has conducted LIVE! For instance, he conducted the LA Youth Orchestra in a performance of his score to The Incredibles and conducted portions of the live Lost Symphony in Hawaii.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    ...and conducted portions of the live Lost Symphony in Hawaii.

I was just about to say that. shame

So being musical director, does that mean he'll be the one arranging all the little cues heard when someone walks onto the stage (usually little snippets of the films score)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    ...and conducted portions of the live Lost Symphony in Hawaii.

I was just about to say that. shame

So being musical director, does that mean he'll be the one arranging all the little cues heard when someone walks onto the stage (usually little snippets of the films score)?

Basically. And maybe assisting with musical numbers on stage and such.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    You Rock Michael , Way to Go Man!! punk beer punk
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

He does conduct! Now, he might not conduct his film scores during recording sessions but he does know how to conduct and has conducted LIVE! For instance, he conducted the LA Youth Orchestra in a performance of his score to The Incredibles and conducted portions of the live Lost Symphony in Hawaii.

-Erik-

The new "stick man" eh? cool Not that Julia Roberts would notice the difference wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Basically. And maybe assisting with musical numbers on stage and such.

Nice. And even better news is that I still believe Giacchino has miles to go before he reaches his peak.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

Aha. I didn´t know he had ever conducted, hence the question. Then do you know why doesn´t he conduct his own scores?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Aha. I didn´t know he had ever conducted, hence the question. Then do you know why doesn´t he conduct his own scores?

Because Simonec is better at it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

-Erik-

He likes the set up and his working relationship with Tim Simonec so there is no reason to change. They have been working that way (Tim conducts, Michael in the booth) since the beginning of their collaboration.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    He likes the set up and his working relationship with Tim Simonec so there is no reason to change. They have been working that way (Tim conducts, Michael in the booth) since the beginning of their collaboration.

-Erik-

Fair enough. Like John Powell, who prefers to stay in the booth instead of conducting. But I don´t know, if I were a composer (AND conductor) I think it would be even more satisfying if I conducted my music.
  5. The players prefer that too, actually. Even if the composer really can't pull it off.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Fair enough. Like John Powell, who prefers to stay in the booth instead of conducting. But I don´t know, if I were a composer (AND conductor) I think it would be even more satisfying if I conducted my music.

It's all personal preference. Both ways work and unlike some out there I don't look down upon composers who don't conduct their own material.

BTW, here is a great example of how Michael and Tim work.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMSHFV9xcEY

Plus, Michael can sit in the booth and hear the live mix.

-Erik-
  6. Yes, also we must not forget that the COMPOSER is really defining the performance, not the conductor, so GIacchino on the stand or not, defines the interpretation of music himself. The conductor deals with the technicalities.
  7. PawelStroinski wrote
    Yes, also we must not forget that the COMPOSER is really defining the performance, not the conductor, so GIacchino on the stand or not, defines the interpretation of music himself. The conductor deals with the technicalities.

The way Christopher Gordon tells it, you do have a lot less control over exact issues of performance and synchronisation when you're in the booth.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am