• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Then Revell's RED PLANET!?

Never saw/heard that one.

I´m not a Revell fan, so I rarely listen to his scores out of context, but I will readily admit that his stuff really works for the movies.

If Red Planet has any similarities to Riddick, then yes, regarding to sound. This kind of echo effect is what I am after, though it certainly lacks regarding to Trek style. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    No, believe me; you WANT to listen to RED PLANET!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Okay, I´ll see into it. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, believe me; you WANT to listen to RED PLANET!

Do you mean the score without the songs of Emma Shapin (ok, composed by revell) or the overall thing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The overall thing. The songs are wonderful as well and blend excellently with the rest of the orchestral material, an integral part to the score imo.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    The overall thing. The songs are wonderful as well and blend excellently with the rest of the orchestral material, an integral part to the score imo.

yep agree with Demitris here, Red Planet is not the Revell you think you know
    lovely surprise
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

yep agree with Demitris here, Red Planet is not the Revell you think you know
    lovely surprise

smile
  3. I am looking forward to it. The only Revell score I ever got deep into was The Crow, an excellent piece of music totally fitting the movie it has been written for AND a very sensual experience out of context. Since then I´ve been waiting for another Revell score to fascinate me as much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    RED PLANET is above anything he has ever done.
  4. Really? What kind of score can I expect here? Is there anything comparable?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    It has that kind of simplicity to it.

Ooooooooh.
    Big deal.

Love Me Do is simple.
    Rock Around The Clock is simple.
    As long as it's GOOD, I couldn't give a toss about complexity.

applause beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    Horner's score to Wrath Of Khan and Goldsmith's First Contact are my favourites. Maybe because I've not listened to much more Trek scores other than these... tongue

Ravi, have you not heard Goldsmith's STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I listened to it on SST a long while back and thought to get it, but haven't been able to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    I listened to it on SST a long while back and thought to get it, but haven't been able to.

It should still be available? IMO ( and many many others ) it's far and away the best of the Trek scores. If you get it ( c'mon, "if" isn't an option rolleyes ) make sure it's the 20th Anniversary Collectors Edition released in 1999.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Will get it for sure! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited
    HELL YES. Chad Seiter has just confirmed that my Giacchino site will soon be the only Giacchino site. punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In that case, I'm going to start one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote
    HELL YES. Chad Seiter has just confirmed that my Giacchino site will soon be the only Giacchino site. punk punk

shocked

That's fantastic Anthony! What a great position you're in now. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

Sweeet.

Um, who's Chad Seiter?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Composer of Fringe, orchestrator of Roar! ( cool ) and Giacchino's current assistant(?) I believe.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote

SWEET! punk beer
  5. Congrats, Anthony!
  6. Great job!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Anthony wrote

GOOD!

Now FINALLY the money and goodies will be rolling in!
    (...won't it?)

Seriously, though: nice one, Anthony.
    For a professional to commit to any web presence surely shows that you've hit the right chord in presentation and professionalism. Well done!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Anthony wrote

Cool, congratulations

so I'm sending now my covers to you, you can get them autographed okay? wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote

GOOD!

Now FINALLY the money and goodies will be rolling in!
    (...won't it?)

Seriously, though: nice one, Anthony.
    For a professional to commit to any web presence surely shows that you've hit the right chord in presentation and professionalism. Well done!

Congrats! A little pay off for your excellent, hard work! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Congrats Anthony cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, congratulations Anthony, well done! punk beer
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    I love the new Star Trek clips but they're just clips so wait and see people.

I didn't think much of the new Star Trek clips but they're just clips...

And hearing the arrangement of the original theme in the final clip... vomit

...but they're just clips so wait and see...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. FalkirkBairn wrote
    And hearing the arrangement of the original theme in the final clip... vomit

I thought that was the one really standout bit for me. Great to hear a bit theme counterpoint in a score again.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am