• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Steven wrote
    Yes, well, Schweiger is an utter fool. I never take anything he writes particularly seriously, Chris.

beer
    And the opinions do not appear to be independent of the interview schedule.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. Well, he got the Wall Street 1% nailed, that they are and far, far worse, but I don't see where he equates CIA agents as "sort of cartoon ninja"s.

He makes the score sound interesting, though. I checked out a random cue and enjoyed it.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  3. justin boggan wrote
    Well, he got the Wall Street 1% nailed, that they are and far, far worse, but I don't see where he equates CIA agents as "sort of cartoon ninja"s.

So I take it he just referred to MG as a terrorist throughout the interview? Afterall, he's part of the 1%.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011 edited
    http://www.wqxr.org/#/programs/movies/2011/dec/17/

First listen to John Carter 43 minutes in.

I hear good things coming from that theme. I just hope the album mix isn't too narrow, that recording sounds great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Michael Giacchino interview on WQXR - "Movies on the Radio"

The show premiered 3 full cues/themes from John Carter - absolutely AMAZING stuff! This has the grandness of Star Trek, I think. Everything you expect from a Giacchino score...

He also answered questions from listeners, including my two questions... YEEEAAH! smile

This is a good day! smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2011
    John Carter does sound bloody good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Sorry for the double post. Think we posted this on the same time, Anthony smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No, I clearly posted four minutes earlier. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Anthony wrote
    John Carter does sound bloody good.

Yeah, this could be Giacchino's best yet... fingers crossed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Anthony wrote
    No, I clearly posted four minutes earlier. wink

Fair enough wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I hear the new mission impossible score rocks, is it true? what is john carter about?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    I hear the new mission impossible score rocks, is it true? what is john carter about?

He's an unstoppable sex machine.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nice little interview with Michael Juhkeeno, the tracks from JOHN CARTER sound very promising and I really liked the John Carter Theme ( yeah, really....a theme ) which was very John Barry/Maurice Jarre'ish.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Here are the three cues that were played.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B00re4Cw9ig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgOZYv8kmSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWb6K6ZZAbw

That action cue has a pretty wicked SWON vibe to it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What the ruddy hell is SWON?

Down DOWN I SAY with ACRONYMS crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    SWON is a helluvalot easier to type out than Secret Weapons Over Normandy.

SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON. SWON.

SWON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. It's me or Giacchino has started to bring a rock vibe to his scores? Land of The Lost had electric guitars performing the main theme. 50/50 had guitars and a string orchestra. And the John Carter theme is performed with guitar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    James Horner
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    yonythemoony wrote
    It's me or Giacchino has started to bring a rock vibe to his scores? Land of The Lost had electric guitars performing the main theme. 50/50 had guitars and a string orchestra. And the John Carter theme is performed with guitar.

Zimmer-itis hitting him too perhaps?
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    It's me or Giacchino has started to bring a rock vibe to his scores? Land of The Lost had electric guitars performing the main theme. 50/50 had guitars and a string orchestra. And the John Carter theme is performed with guitar.

Zimmer-itis hitting him too perhaps?

Yeah what's with those electric guitars? Zimmer-itis is everywhere! Just like those hacks Henry Mancini, Lalo Schifrin, and John Barry. They totally ripped off Zimmer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, they were striken by Mozart-itis first; they used violins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Those bastards!

Fear not, there's nothing Zimmery about Giacchino. His style remains about as un-Zimmerish as ever!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2011
    Colosseum are now shipping M:I 4 CD's.
  6. christilton wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Well, he got the Wall Street 1% nailed, that they are and far, far worse, but I don't see where he equates CIA agents as "sort of cartoon ninja"s.

So I take it he just referred to MG as a terrorist throughout the interview? Afterall, he's part of the 1%.

No, this had been a test, and nobody in this thread, that I saw, failed. Thank God. You got an A+ though.

Actually, no -- Schweiger got an "F".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2011
    To listen to the full giacchino on john carter interview and the world premiere of more than 10 minutes of the John Carter score, check out WQXR’s website here : http://www.wqxr.org/#/programs/movies/2011/dec/17/ the music tracks are Around the 44 minute mark according to filmmusicreporter.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    To listen to the full giacchino on john carter interview and the world premiere of more than 10 minutes of the John Carter score, check out WQXR’s website here : http://www.wqxr.org/#/programs/movies/2011/dec/17/ the music tracks are Around the 44 minute mark according to filmmusicreporter.

If you actually read the posts on these threads you'd have seen that Lars ( Artworks ) posted this two days ago wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Those bastards!

Fear not, there's nothing Zimmery about Giacchino. His style remains about as un-Zimmerish as ever!

And may it forever remain so!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed. As much as I love Zimmer, I can't say I'm too keen on composers emulating his style (not that I think Giacchino's ever likely too).

I don't mind if someone wants to emulate John Williams though!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Indeed. As much as I love Zimmer, I can't say I'm too keen on composers emulating his style (not that I think Giacchino's ever likely too).

I don't mind if someone wants to emulate John Williams though!

I'm not a Zimmer fan by any stretch but there are a good number of his works that I enjoy, I wonder if I would have enjoyed his style a little more if it hadn't become so damned prevailent in modern scoring amongst his legion of minions?