• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Interesting.

JNH is well known for his last minute scores, which surpass a lot of stuff other composers need months to write. The clips prove - again - his ability to compose scores which are beautiful and tension-packed at the same time, and I´m really looking forward to listen to the whole thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Thanks for the clips, I like them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    Cristian wrote
    For those who enjoyed Hidalgo, I found a suite performed by Anja Bukovec on violin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay3IQJGSyAM

Enjoy!

I love Hidalgo to bits and that suite is outstanding. Lots of passion!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2010
    The trailer for the Water for Elephants http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/ … elephants/

What do you think, can this movie inspire JNH to write a great score?
  2. Cristian wrote
    The trailer for the Water for Elephants http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/ … elephants/

What do you think, can this movie inspire JNH to write a great score?

well, the music in the trailer is already magical, here's hoping JNH can do the same for the movie
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    It's The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford by Warren Ellis. Check it out if you hadn't already! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010
    BobdH wrote
    It's The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford by Warren Ellis. Check it out if you hadn't already! wink

Absolutely agree on this one.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BobdH wrote

...and Nick Cave.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Nick Cave here biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, I was wondering what happened to Nick Cave here biggrin

He crawled out of his ..... oh no, don't make me say it!!!!! rolleyes
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Timmer wrote
    BobdH wrote

...and Nick Cave.

Right. Of course. I knew he didn't do it all by himself of course, and had some assistance, but I forgot the dood's name. Should've said Warren Ellis and some other dood.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The normal way around ( for the vast majority ) would be Nick Cave and some other dood. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2010 edited
    Yes, but my mind (memory to be more specific) works in mysterious ways.
  5. "dude", not "dood".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    The Gnomeo And Juliet sondtrack is up for pre-order at Amazon, and here's the tracklist -

1. Hello Hello (Elton John)
    2. Crocodile Rock (Nelly Furtado)
    3. Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting) (Elton John)
    4. Don't Go Breaking My Heart (Elton John; Kiki Dee)
    5. Love Builds a Garden (Elton John)
    6. Your Song (Elton John)
    7. Rocket Man (I Think It's Going To Be A Long, Long Time) (Elton John)
    8. Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
    9. Bennie and the Jets (Elton John)
    10. Gnomeo and Juliet (James Newton Howard)
    11. Dandelions (James Newton Howard)
    12. Bennie and the Bunnies (James Newton Howard)
    13. Terrafirminator (James Newton Howard)

14. The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room (Wally Boag; Thurl Ravenscroft; Fulton Burley; The Mellomen)

Only 4 score cues. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010
    DemonStar wrote

Only 4 score cues. sad

I was expecting this sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2010 edited
    justin boggan wrote
    "dude", not "dood".

'run dood, it's, like, the phonetic police man.
  6. Considering we're going to the final days of the year, I've planned a real whopper to close the MainTitles year 2010 with. For the last 5 days of the year, you'll be receiving 7 new James Newton Howard reviews per day, the final day will include the review of his latest score The Tourist.

I don't care if you read them or not, but know this that I've worked my ass off during the last couple of months when I re wrote each and every one of them. And the crazy thing is, they are still full of grammatical errors face-palm-mt

- Alive
    - Atlantis: The Lost Empire
    - The Devil's Advocate
    - Dinosaur
    - Intersection
    - The Fugitive
    - King Kong

Enjoy your first batch
  7. Go buddy with the reviews! I don't know how you can keep this up...

Considering you don't get paid, grammatical errors shouldn't bother any of us. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. second batch:

- Collateral
    - Dave
    - Defiance
    - Duplicity
    - Grand Canyon
    - Hidalgo
    - Nanny McPhee Returns

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. I really liked Dave (the score) when we saw the film again recently. One of those uber-charming little scores he could do so well.

And Grand Canyon, that one has an almost magical quality to it... I love it, and I love how it elevates the movie into near classic status.

The others I don't know too well I'm afraid.
  10. I wish that it we're a promo score release of JNH's score for Collateral. There's some good music which didn't get a release. Especially the last 20 minutes of the movie.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2010
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

biggrin beer
  11. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

biggrin beer

smile
  12. DreamTheater wrote
    I really liked Dave (the score) when we saw the film again recently. One of those uber-charming little scores he could do so well.

And Grand Canyon, that one has an almost magical quality to it... I love it, and I love how it elevates the movie into near classic status.

The others I don't know too well I'm afraid.

of this batch, I think Hidalgo will be the one you'll most enjoy smile
  13. for those who are counting, this is the third batch:

- Blood Diamond
    - The Emperor's Club
    - ER
    - Freedomland
    - Snow Falling on Cedars
    - Three Men and a Little Lady
    - Signs

Enjoy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You're on a roll, dude!
    I am extremely serious.
  14. Thor wrote
    You're on a roll, dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

Fixed it for ya.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol