• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    Yeap sounds like a very good JNH score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011
    Some updates from Stuart M. Thomas (JNH's assistant) twitter about Green Lantern score:

"Listening to Green Lantern themes by James Newton Howard. Epic!"

"Maxing out Pro Tools on #GreenLantern music. Damn this is a big score..."

"The brass section is going to need a vacation after recording this score... #GreenLantern"

"Played music for the climax of the film today for Martin, Donald et al. Heart pounding music for a thrilling climax. Loving #GreenLantern !"

"String overdubs and percussion tracking on #GreenLantern today. Last 5 days was 104 piece orchestra. (w/8 Horns, 4 Trumpets, 8 Trombones!)"

Is anyone else as excited as I am?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2011 edited
    Nope! Not Me!

I'll wait until you good folks here say it's pounding, exciting and whatnot, certainly not JNH's assistant. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. normally Newton Howard rocks in these situations, but it's always wait and see
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've found him to be very underwhelming in recent years so I'm certainly not going to jump on any hype bandwagon.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Nope! Not Me!

I'll wait until you good folks here say it's pounding, exciting and whatnot, certainly not JNH's assistant. cool

Hype.

If i don't listen, i am not convinced.
  2. Timmer wrote
    I've found him to be very underwhelming in recent years so I'm certainly not going to jump on any hype bandwagon.

You and me both mate.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Nope! Not Me!

Hype.

If i don't listen, i am not convinced.

Yes of course, but I'm sure you have scores that you are looking forward to more than others.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, this is one indeed smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    True, I am interested in hearing this score and I hope it'll blow me away.....we'll see?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2011
    That sounds pretty interesting, but I'll prefer having a neutral view till I actually listen to it. Experience has proven that overly high expectations inevitably lead to disappointment, like initially happened with The Last Airbender. tongue
  3. I'm not excited either. All that means nothing, considering his on/off track record as of late. It could soudn great, or it could sound big and bland, with a dash of Zimmer.

8 horns, 4 trumpet, and 8 trombones doesn't make a score any better than pink hearts, yellow moons, orange stars, and green clovers make your cereal taste better.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2011/05/01 … announced/
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2011
    Cover is now up on Watertower site, the score will be released on 6/14/2011.

http://www.watertower-music.com/?p=4773
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2011
    Samples for Green Lantern score are up at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-Ori … p;sr=301-4

Biggest disappointment of the year for me sad.

I keep thinking that they uploaded samples from another score.
  4. I agree. First two tracks sounded like bland trailer music production house cues, the third was okay, but I pressed STOP at the fourth sample. No thanks.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Not a very good year for JNH.
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Well, I disagree. Sure the electronics doesn't sound like your typical JNH thing, but I kinda like it. And "We're Going To Fly Now" and "Hal Battles Paralax" seem like really good tracks, which I can't wait to hear in full length.

Track 18 I could have been without, though. smile
  5. Maybe there's still hope for "The Amazing Spider-Man" and the "Dredd" reboot; who ever the composers are/will be.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    Maybe there's still hope for "The Amazing Spider-Man" and the "Dredd" reboot; who ever the composers are/will be.

Don't hold your breath.
  6. Hold on -- early prediction:

One of those films will have it's score rejected at the last minute, and one of the following composers will replace:

Ramin Djawaski
    Hans Zimmer
    or Tyler Bates
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Christodoulides wrote
    Not a very good year for JNH.

Water for Elephants is one of my favorite scores of the year!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2011 edited
    Cristian wrote
    Samples for Green Lantern score are up at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-Ori … p;sr=301-4

Biggest disappointment of the year for me sad.

I keep thinking that they uploaded samples from another score.

I don't have a problem with the short clips as of now. There are interesting musical stuff that I'm hearing in that got cut off way too early. The electronics are fine. One snippet sounds like a HGW piece. But that last snippet sounds like it was gonna lead into a full blown kickass theme, but then, again, got cut off way to early. I'm gonna wait for the score to get released before making any decisions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I couldn't have been more disappointed with the over all sound of the samples.

-Erik
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The clips sounded like the usual generic stuff we're all familiar with these days.

Stiil, as has been said, you can't really judge until you hear the whole thing but that still doesn't stop me from being dissappointed.
  7. The thing is though, you usually should buy the CD to know if it any good. Or choose clips to highlight how good it is. But if these are the best clips...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    Some samples sound hopeful: The Induction Process, Genesis of Good and Evil, You Have to Be Chosen, Hal Battles Parallax, etc. JNH handles the electronics really well, but another dose of orchestra and this score could be way, way more interesting. :| Hopefully the orchestra's hiding just outside the edges of those samples. tongue
  8. "Bambi" rescored with J.N.H.:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn2Jnxj2rwc
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011
    JNH scores BOURNE LEGACY

http://filmmusicreporter.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2011 edited
    Timmer wrote
    JNH scores BOURNE LEGACY

http://filmmusicreporter.com/

Thanks for the headsup. Given the writer/director, James' involvement was a sure deal, I thought. Looking forward to more Salt-iness.