• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014
    Let's hope I can top it then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Also, I hope it was clear from my comment that I hate gays and I believe homosexuality is a sin against God.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...how am I doing?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You're getting there.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Fuck you, asshole.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James Horner
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Steven wrote
    Fuck you, asshole.

Fuck you, asshole!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote
    ...how am I doing?

It doesn't work if we know you don't mean it. Whereas I know you really hate my song sad wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014 edited
    I don't mind the song actually, particularly the version as heard in Community (not that it should matter anyway). Though I do think hiring an overly saccharine singer to greet the audience and hold Horner's hand for just a little bit too long reaches new levels of cheese I wasn't aware was possible. Regardless of what reproductive organs you prefer, it's pretty fucking gay.
  2. Horner is severely missed. I can't wait for his next score, whenever it comes out.
  3. Steven wrote
    I don't mind the song actually, particularly the version as heard in Community (not that it should matter anyway). Though I do think hiring an overly saccharine singer to greet the audience and hold Horner's hand for just a little bit too long reaches new levels of cheese I wasn't aware was possible. Regardless of what reproductive organs you prefer, it's pretty fucking gay.

rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I guess I don't even know what the fuck the word "gay" is supposed to mean anymore.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm old enough to remember when it just meant being exceptionally happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Literally the gayest thing you'll see this year...

Perhaps now isn't the best time to say this, given the context, but I am actually in that video. Pause it at seven seconds, I'm the guy on the far left. Gayest thing you'll see this year indeed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

Perhaps now isn't the best time to say this, given the context, but I am actually in that video. Pause it at seven seconds, I'm the guy on the far left. Gayest thing you'll see this year indeed.

Ha, ha...wasn't I sitting next to you? I can't find myself in it, though. Probably for the best.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014
    Southall wrote
    Steven wrote

Spotted.

Very gay.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Cue hot Southall-on-Thor action in 3...2...1...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    I'm old enough to remember when it just meant being exceptionally happy.

Also, so much this.
  4. Scribe wrote
    Cue hot Southall-on-Thor action in 3...2...1...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    I guess I don't even know what the fuck the word "gay" is supposed to mean anymore.

If you're overly politically correct and insist on taking offense, it probably means you should chill the fuck out.

With that in mind, I'm going to trawl the Internet and see what other jokes I can kill with political correctness. It'll be a gay old time for sure!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote
    If you're overly politically correct and insist on taking offense, it probably means you should chill the fuck out.

More like, my brother is gay, one of my best girl friends is gay, the hottest girl I know is bi, and yet I spent my entire college life hearing my moronic friends use the word "gay" to insult anything they disliked. So I am super sensitive to any use of the word "gay" to mean something negative, because I should like it to be used positively, in the same way that I might be upset if "that's so film music" became a popular phrase to insult bad singers on reality competitions. It has nothing to do with being politically correct, which I'm so fucking not.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Scribe wrote
    Steven wrote

More like, my brother is gay, one of my best girl friends is gay, the hottest girl I know is bi, and yet I spent my entire college life hearing my moronic friends use the word "gay" to insult anything they disliked. So I am super sensitive to any use of the word "gay" to mean something negative, because I should like it to be used positively, in the same way that I might be upset if "that's so film music" became a popular phrase to insult bad singers on reality competitions. It has nothing to do with being politically correct, which I'm so fucking not.

Okay, I'll play (since you've killed the joke anyway). Part of the problem is when you give words like this power by simply being so offended by them. I've encountered many instances where homosexual people use the word themselves (and I can assure you I'm the last person to oppose homosexuality in anyway), because they realise this very thing. It's a fun word. So long as your intention isn't genuinely malicious, in most circumstances it's fine. (Berating and singling someone out while using the word is quite another matter.)

Censorship isn't the answer, no. The answer is not being a whiny little bitch. The best thing to do is chill, realise it's just a joke at the expense of a corny moment, and deal with it.

Jesus fuck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The whole point is, I want this to be the one place on the internet I can come and feel reasonably sure that music I love is not going to be made into a joke. But apparently it's never going to be that. Also, why do you think I'm not chill? Can you magically detect my mood through the interwebs? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Matt, you're always over-reacting not to making fun of your favorite scores, but to the slightest negativity against any music you like. Can you even participate without getting defensive in a discussion with arguments against a score you like?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Matt, you're always over-reacting not to making fun of your favorite scores, but to the slightest negativity against any music you like. Can you even participate without getting defensive in a discussion with arguments against a score you like?

No. I could just ignore it, but I choose not to, because I rather enjoy these debates.

I don't think there should be arguments "against" any score, whether I like the score or not. Wasn't anyone else taught, "if you don't have something good to say, don't say it"? smile

I personally prefer to try to be as open-minded as possible, and I have discovered so much fascinating new music that way, whether scores or "normal" music.

And like I've said before, negativity on these forums has a lot of power to turn people off of music they might have loved. Often I will skip a score because someone posted a negative opinion of it here. And occasionally I decide to go back to it a long time later and realize that I was missing out on something wonderful the whole time. I'd rather that not have to happen ever, for me or anyone else.

Sorry this post is all over the place and incoherent, I didn't sleep enough and I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts to flow properly!
  5. I'm against your argument.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    James Horner.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    Sorry this post is all over the place and incoherent, I didn't sleep enough and I'm having a hard time getting my thoughts to flow properly!

Get well soon!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. While I am not against negative reviews of any kind, I do sometimes wish that both negative and positive reviews of certain scores (not necessarily my favorites) were a bit better argued than they tend to be. I don't blame anyone for that (though if I may, I sometimes wish you put your musical expertise to a bigger use on this board, D. I'd love to hear, from a musical standpoint, why do you love some scores and why you hate some I might for example like, it's not about having an argument, to me it would be a huge learning experience simply). Still it would be great to hear the "why" sometimes smile .
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website