• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013
    Steven wrote
    Indeed. And Horner's best score from 2012, in alphabetical order, is The Amazing Spider-Man.

word
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've always liked Clear and Present Danger. Some brilliant music there (some recycled, of course). But because the album was prepared before they'd even finished recording the score, the climactic action music is missing from it. Wouldn't mind an expansion (yes, me, saying I wouldn't mind an expansion). Don't suppose it will happen.
  1. I would love an expansion of House of Sand and Fog.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Southall wrote
    I've always liked Clear and Present Danger. Some brilliant music there (some recycled, of course). But because the album was prepared before they'd even finished recording the score, the climactic action music is missing from it. Wouldn't mind an expansion (yes, me, saying I wouldn't mind an expansion). Don't suppose it will happen.

Interesting that you come up with this a this very moment. Over at the intrada board they are guessing the next two releases and an expanded album of "Clear and Present Danger" seems likely for quite some of the board members.
    Wouldn't mind this at all! :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2013
    Southall wrote

Who'd have thought?

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.8098/.f

CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER (2CD)

Label: Intrada Special Collection Volume 247
    Date: 1994
    Tracks: 34
    Time = 98:38

World premiere of complete soundtrack by James Horner from third film in popular series drawn from Tom Clancy's exciting Jack Ryan tales, starring Harrison Ford as CIA agent Ryan, fighting drug cartels in South America. Horner creates stirring main theme to anchor score, then surrounds with plethora of cues both wildly exciting, dramatically involved. One highlight out of many is incredible, lengthy "Ambush" sequence, one of Horner's most powerful action cues of all time. Interestingly, original CD release only offered half of score and omitted virtually all action sequences following "Second Hand Copter" sequence. All of them make their premiere here, including riveting climactic helicopter rescue scene ("Woodroom Finale") that introduces exciting new fanfare motifs embellishing rich version of main theme. Entire set mixed, edited and mastered from complete digital scoring session elements courtesy Paramount Pictures. James Horner conducts. Intrada Special Collection release available while quantities and interest remain!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WOAH!!!! GIMMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! punk cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Not familiar with that score at all but damn, that sample of the finale cue is exciting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's a brilliant score. Already ordered!
  2. Good to see that it does not seem to be a limited edition release but that it will be about for as long as people want it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Good to see that it does not seem to be a limited edition release but that it will be about for as long as people want it.

Which is excellent for those like me who've had to pay out on living rather than music of recent. I'll definitely be getting this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    "Woodroom/Finale" is worth the price of this expansion alone! It's been one of my most wanted Horner cues! And this is one of Shawn Murphy's best recordings!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice !
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    So ordered! cool
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013
    Bummer...

Horner off "Romeo & Juliet":
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/07/11 … eo-juliet/
  3. But ABEL KORZENIOWSKI though!! shocked lick

Horner's not having a good year though. First Ender's Game and now this? slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2013 edited
    Waiting for Abel to tear Horner a new one in an up coming interview a la Horner on Yared concerning Troy! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Ey! That's rather late in the game! Wonder if we'll get a release of the Horner score anyway, since I believe that had already been announced? Maybe it's a American score / European score type thing?
  4. Well, to be fair, now that I checked out the FilmMusicReporter info, the score was recorded last month, and the film doesn't open for another week or two, so it's at least a month in advance -- a decent time. It's not like the top list of latest replacement scores:

The top four are:

4. "Scary Movie 2" (72 hours)
    3. "Breast Man" (less than 24 hours)
    2. "Wet Gold" (precise time unknown, described as "hours")
    And the winner is: "A Talent For Murder" (7 hours; the original composer is still unknown)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    But ABEL KORZENIOWSKI though!! shocked lick

Horner's not having a good year though. First Ender's Game and now this? slant

I didn't realize Horner was off ENDER'S GAME?

Bad news about ROMEO & JULIET. I would have wanted another super-romantic Horner, but alas...oh well, Korzeniowski can deliver. While I am a big Horner fan, I can sometimes understand the producers' reluctance, since he's VERY Hollywood-minded in sound and approach. That doesn't always mesh well if you want to do something a LITTLE more alternative. You know, the THE NEW WORLD story and all that.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote
    I didn't realize Horner was off ENDER'S GAME?

Yep, replaced by Steve Jablonsky. That went down about as well as you could expect around these parts. dizzy

personally I'm still looking forward to it and I think/hope Steve could surprise us!
  6. Horner was replaced with Jablonsky.

From my knowledge, the situation was very messy.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ah, now that you mention it, I seem to remember.

I like Jablonsky a lot (when he's not doing horror), but I would have preferred Horner many times over.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. Could it be that people just have had enough of all those "Hornerisms"? On the other side, If you hire Horner you know what kind of music you will get.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. This is terrible news. I was so looking forward to hearing this. sad angry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2013
    BasilB wrote
    Bummer...

Horner off "Romeo & Juliet":
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/07/11 … eo-juliet/

I guess they figured Prokofiev nailed it first time around. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Waiting for Abel to tear Horner a new one in an up coming interview a la Horner on Yared concerning Troy! wink

-Erik-

biggrin

p.s. If you've been living on a barren MV/RC infected Island or the like I recommend you check out Nino Rota's love theme for ROMEO & JULIET because nobody will beat that one and that really is a fact.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    This is terrible news. I was so looking forward to hearing this. sad angry

...and YES, despite my above comments, me too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    p.s. If you've been living on a barren MV/RC infected Island or the like I recommend you check out Nino Rota's love theme for ROMEO & JULIET because nobody will beat that one and that really is a fact.

yeah Squared. With a cherry on top.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't share the MV/RC discontent, but I DO share the love for Rota's ROMEO & JULIET theme -- one of the most gripping love themes ever written.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2013
    Reviews of the recent expanded versions of Horner's two Jack Ryan scores:

Patriot Games - http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=3861
    Clear and Present Danger - http://www.movie-wave.net/?p=2395