• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Has anyone ordered the score?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2013
  2. Just ordered it myself. As I said, I deeply love the bootleg.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2013
    I did! Can't wait to listen to this music and especially the bonus material. The bootleg is simply gorgeous.
  3. Isn't it? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2013 edited
    More info about the Vienna event and Horner receiving the Max Steiner award
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/01/24 … ner-award/
    Kazoo
  4. This really, really sucks. angry sad
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013
    I don't know. Jablonsky could surprise us.

(But he probably won't.)
  5. Bootlegs? What are bootlegs?

tongue

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, disappointing news about ENDERS GAME. I do like Jablonsky, and if comes up with something a la THE ISLAND, TRANSFORMERS or PAIN & GAIN, I'm sold. However, I had really looked forward to another Horner sci fi.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    The trailer looks awful and seeing that Kurzman and Orci are involved leads me to believe they've decided to rip the heart out of the novel and turn it into another paint-by-numbers action spectacle.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2013 edited
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_BhfXHE … u.be&a

The old man looks out of his league, he should quit the game i think. Kingsley isn't as good as he can either. In for the cash perhaps?
    The nagging Ender boy in his teenage years is laughable.

Looks like Battleship in space. Exactly a Jablonsky-type of movie. Glad Horner is out of this crap.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Looks interesting to me.

I've no doubt Jablonsky's score will be generic and something I don't like.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    It's possibly my all-time favorite novel so I was hoping the film adaption would be decent, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing at all...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Am i the only one who was reminded of Shyamalan's crappy air-bender (in a space metaphor perhaps) as well?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Scribe wrote
    It's possibly my all-time favorite novel so I was hoping the film adaption would be decent, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing at all...

I enjoyed the novel as well and had been looking forward to the film, but certainly not any more. Putting a junk RC composer on it can only mean it's awful, and even if it isn't then he'll ruin it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The film does indeed look disappointing (despite the presence of Ford, which I tend to like in everything he does). A sci fi extravaganza is fine, but these days you need something extra to up the game. This one didn't seem to have that.

I also dislike some of the beliefs of the author, but I haven't read a whole piece of the series (except an extended selection in a sci fi anthology book).
    I am extremely serious.
  6. But ENDER'S GAME wasn't a sci-fi extravaganza. I don't think this story should involve huge space battles. It should just be about Ender and bunch of other genius kids in some kind of battle academy. If the trailer gives an accurate idea of the film, it will ruin the best part of the book.

Also, you won't find too many of Orson Scott Card's beliefs in the book. Maybe in some of the later more philosophical entries in the series (which I haven't read), but not in this first book.
  7. I have read the trilogy some time ago: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide. I can't say I found anything disturbing about the thoughts developed here. It seemed very much driven by humanity. Religion also forms a big part.
  8. Captain Future wrote
    I have read the trilogy some time ago: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide. I can't say I found anything disturbing about the thoughts developed here. It seemed very much driven by humanity. Religion also forms a big part.

The books themselves are fine, but since then Orson Scott Card has come out and said some pretty worrying things about homosexuality and gay marriage (something to the tune of gay people having a "tragic genetic mixup"... rolleyes). It does make it a little more difficult to enjoy his novels, though I still do, largely.

As to the trailer, all I can hope is that they put all the slam-bang stuff in there to try and rope modern dumbass audiences, and that we're still going to get the thoughtful sci-fi movie that an Ender's Game adaptation deserves. If they take some liberties with the training room simulations, well, that's not such a big deal for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013 edited
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I have read the trilogy some time ago: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead and Xenocide. I can't say I found anything disturbing about the thoughts developed here. It seemed very much driven by humanity. Religion also forms a big part.

The books themselves are fine, but since then Orson Scott Card has come out and said some pretty worrying things about homosexuality and gay marriage (something to the tune of gay people having a "tragic genetic mixup"... rolleyes). It does make it a little more difficult to enjoy his novels, though I still do, largely.

Exactly. It's stuff like that. Card belongs to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and they have some terribly reactionary views which irk someone as myself, a more liberal Christian.

I don't know how much of this trickles into his novels, but it's made me a bit cautious about his writings as well.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Did he not distance himself from what he said in the early 90s? Anyway, I tend to distinguish between the author as a person and his work. Otherwise, knowing how Goethe treated women ...

Besides: Truth and morality are no monopoly of the political left.

Volker
  10. Captain Future wrote
    Did he not distance himself from what he said in the early 90s? Anyway, I tend to distinguish between the author as a person and his work. Otherwise, knowing how Goethe treated women ...

Nah, he's joined groups dedicated to upholding the "sanctity of marriage" vomit as recently as 2009.

Besides: Truth and morality are no monopoly of the political left.

No, but bigotry and intolerance are the monopoly of the political (far) right. wink
  11. Edmund Meinerts wrote

No, but bigotry and intolerance are the monopoly of the political (far) right. wink

Political extremists, or extremists of any kind, are lunatics anyway.

Diebe!
    Mörder!
    Linksextremisten!
    cheesy
  12. Several new reviews

- Clear and Present Danger
    - Commando
    - The Pagemaster
    - Where the River Runs Black

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013
    Sony Classical to Release James Horner’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/06/04 … iet-score/

Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2013
    Great! The score features baroque trumpet solos performed by Alison Balsom.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013
    BasilB wrote
    Sony Classical to Release James Horner’s ‘Romeo & Juliet’:
    http://filmmusicreporter.com/2013/06/04 … iet-score/

Can't wait!

I wonder if he'll make a concerted attempt at not referencing Prokofiev? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  13. I've heard that this score refers to his Apollo 13/Pelican Brief action sound, which for such a movie sounds weird, if intriguing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013
    Please don't be as generic as For Greater Glory please don't be as generic as For Greater Glory please don't be as generic as For Greater Glory.