• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. The "James Bond sound" was pretty much his, but the truth is that at a certain point every composer finds their comfort zone and starts sticking to it... It just hurts when it happens when a guy is 30 rather than 60!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    I too stopped caring what the 'x' film music sounds like. Amidst the horrible crap i've been musically exposed to this year, at least when something sounds truly good, no matter what, i am sold.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    Antineutrino wrote
    James Horner to Compose Double Concerto for Violin and Cello

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/09/10 … and-cello/

shocked

Whoa!! What news. Horner returning to the concert world (who would have thunk?!) and to top it off -- written for friggin' NORWEGIAN soloists?!

The mind boggles.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012 edited
    Does Horner have any upcoming projects left? I need more danger motif!!

I guess he has Avatar 2 and probably Spider-Man 2.2 but those are several years away and not confirmed...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. Maybe that next Superman film?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012
    It's being scored by Zimmer.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorspacekim
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2012
    According to IMDB, he´s scoring the new "Romeo and Juliet"-movie, due for release in February. He´s also attached to "The Song of Names", whenever that project will start moving.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2012
    Yeap, confirmed. Very, very good news!

James Horner to Score Carlo Carlei’s ‘Romeo and Juliet’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2012/10/16 … nd-juliet/
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Several new reviews:

- 48 Hrs.
    - The Amazing Spider-Man
    - Another 48 Hrs.
    - Unlawful Entry

enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2012
    James Horner has scored a short film about the Wright Brothers, First in Flight:

http://www.FirstInFlightTheMovie.com/

His music's in the trailer (on that site).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2012 edited
    Tony Hinnigan (performer of various ethnic instruments on various film scores over the years) has some short and often amusing anecdotes about a lot of the films he's worked on at his website (most of which were scored by Horner).

Worth a look.
  4. That was wonderful! Thank you, James. I love reading that kind of thing. I wish musicians and composers would post stuff like that more often. I particularly enjoyed what he said about Willow and Braveheart.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2013
    Just saw on facebook that James Horner will be the The Max Steiner Awardee of "HOLLYWOOD IN VIENNA 2013" on 4.10.2013! Wiener Konzerthaus (Titanic, Braveheart, Avatar, Apollo 13, Star Trek II/III, Legends of the Fall, and maaaany more).

Great news!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn it! Does that mean I have to go to Vienna now? As if Krakow and Ghent in September and October weren't enough.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    I've never been to vienna and Horner is just too good to pass on... October will be a busy month punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    I've never been to vienna and Horner is just too good to pass on... October will be a busy month punk

Never been to Vienna either, so all things being equal -- I will certainly do my very best to make this.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Woooow! This should be a separate thread though, for possible gatherings and practical questions and so on.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Ah. As I just asked somewhere else, does this just mean he turns up and collects an award, or does it mean he actually conducts a concert of his music (if the latter, I will definitely go)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2013 edited
    I would presume he would be there to accept the award and also to conduct (as the Hollywood in Vienna site has pictures of previous composers conducting)? Mabey he'll conduct a selection of cues himself like James Newton Howard did in Ghent? Either way, very exciting news.
  5. $895 to fly from LA to Vienna via Dusseldorf on October 2nd. Interesting...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2013
    Southall wrote
    Ah. As I just asked somewhere else, does this just mean he turns up and collects an award, or does it mean he actually conducts a concert of his music (if the latter, I will definitely go)?

I would want it written in concrete before I decided anything.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

I would want it written in concrete before I decided anything.

Same here. But I'd definitely be going if it was worth it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2013
    New from INTRADA...

IN COUNTRY
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. I had never heard of this, but the clips sound very nice!
  7. Southall wrote
    Tony Hinnigan (performer of various ethnic instruments on various film scores over the years) has some short and often amusing anecdotes about a lot of the films he's worked on at his website (most of which were scored by Horner).

Worth a look.

This is great. The entry for YOUNG GUNS was particularly interesting. With the bevy of unused scores out these days (Goldsmith's GLADIATOR just yesterday), I wonder if we'll see it in the next year or two.
  8. Mike Skerritt wrote
    Southall wrote

Worth a look.

This is great. The entry for YOUNG GUNS was particularly interesting. With the bevy of unused scores out these days (Goldsmith's GLADIATOR just yesterday), I wonder if we'll see it in the next year or two.

Unfortunately, over at Intrada about a year or two ago, they stated the reason for no release yet is that Horner doesn't want it out. Of course some other label that doesn't care about working with him personally, can still do it. It just means you'll not see it from Intrada or LLLR.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. Hurm.
  10. Mike Skerritt wrote
    Hurm.

Seconded.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  11. Timmer wrote
    New from INTRADA...

IN COUNTRY

The bootleg belongs to my Horner favourites, has anybody gotten the Intrada album? I think of ordering it, but I'd like to make sure. The clips on Intrada website don't present material I don't know from the bootleg.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website