• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
    The surprise buttsex is the most disturbing emoticon we have..no wonder Timmer uses it all the time....
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    The surprise buttsex is the most disturbing emoticon we have..no wonder Timmer uses it all the time....

...said he who supplies all the oil tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Let's see. We got the epilepsy icon:

flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash flash

Then there's the unusual sexual string of icons. Starting with pulling your pants down:
    moon

Then adding anotehr one firing what could be a dildo at it:
    moon bazooka

And after that, the smiley clearly enjoyed it, because there were fireworks:
    moon bazooka fireworks
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I must be the only person who liked For Greater Glory. It was like being wrapped in a warm, cozy, familiar Horner safety blanket. smile

I loved it too!

Great, that's four. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Four weirdos!

suicide

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Are you implying that listening to Horner is worse than suicide?
  4. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I must be the only person who liked For Greater Glory. It was like being wrapped in a warm, cozy, familiar Horner safety blanket. smile

I loved it too!

Great, that's four. smile

The self referencing wasn't even my biggest problem with FOR GREATER GLORY. I just thought it was boring. Give me any recent Horner over that. Especially BLACK GOLD. Now there's a good score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Black Gold was magnificent!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  5. Demetris wrote
    Black Gold was magnificent!

Indeed!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013 edited
    Outdeed! uhm tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Are you implying that listening to Horner is worse than suicide?

Listening to FOR GREATER GLORY will make you commit suicide!

-Erik-
  6. Seemingly not him. Unless we're talking to a ghost biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Are you implying that listening to Horner is worse than suicide?

Listening to FOR GREATER GLORY will make you commit suicide!

-Erik-

If that's the case, I'd be dead about 50 times.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2013
    indeedlydoo
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. Seriously, I don't know how anyone cannot be impressed by a track like "The Death of Padre Christopher." It's practically a mini-concert suite in itself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Seriously, I don't know how anyone cannot be impressed by a track like "The Death of Padre Christopher." It's practically a mini-concert suite in itself.

Because at 2:44 is when I lopped my head off, picked it up, bashed it on the ground a few times and then kicked it over a cliff!

-Erik-
  9. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Seriously, I don't know how anyone cannot be impressed by a track like "The Death of Padre Christopher." It's practically a mini-concert suite in itself.

Probably because those tracks impressed me long time ago in their original scores and what I don't like is that they got rehashed without any change in this one. Granted, the main theme was a minor theme in The Four Feathers, but the fact that Braveheart got basically rewritten into the speech track (and, oh right, it was also a speech in Braveheart, how intelligent) and the best action track for me (A Bullet on the Floor) was brilliant in The Missing already.

Horner has achieved a very big thing with this score - I was always pretty tolerant of his originality issues (especially if one of my most favorite scores of his is Enemy at the Gates), but this time he annoyed me big time.

It might have happened because my first listen to this score wasn't a positive one and out of, well, boredom, I started to pick out the copies just to have anything happen. The listenability of the score improved with repeated listens (my review of the score for my website, where we have an "originality" rating, was met with huge controversy), but these copies stuck out more and more.
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Because at 2:44 is when I lopped my head off, picked it up, bashed it on the ground a few times and then kicked it over a cliff!

-Erik-

I just listened to the cue and indeed, the time you gave sounds like nothing else than a self-parody.
  11. Kevin Scarlet wrote

There are some good moments in that very lengthy track, but they're all spoiled for me by the inclusion of that terrible song at the end of it. I really hate that thing. The melody is nice, but the words are terrible! And it's not written by anyone familiar with Spanish song-writing at all. Trying to fit those words in Spanish to Horner's melody (which is clearly what happened here, rather than something collaborative) just did not work. And now I can't hear that melody without hearing those terrible lyrics, too. It has kind of ruined that melody for me.

I enjoy the track "Cristeros." That's a very good track once you get past the danger motif.
  12. Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

-Erik-

That explains a few things. cheesy tongue
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  13. Erik Woods wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

-Erik-

You missed the best part. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    No, Horner made me miss "the best part."

-Erik-
  14. christopher wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

There are some good moments in that very lengthy track, but they're all spoiled for me by the inclusion of that terrible song at the end of it. I really hate that thing. The melody is nice, but the words are terrible! And it's not written by anyone familiar with Spanish song-writing at all. Trying to fit those words in Spanish to Horner's melody (which is clearly what happened here, rather than something collaborative) just did not work. And now I can't hear that melody without hearing those terrible lyrics, too. It has kind of ruined that melody for me.

I enjoy the track "Cristeros." That's a very good track once you get past the danger motif.

Boo. That was the best part! angry
  15. I probably wouldn't mind it if I didn't speak Spanish.
  16. Whatever. It's still his best score since Avatar in my book.
  17. Glad you like it so much smile Don't let my opinion spoil yours.

My favorite Horner score since AVATAR is BLACK GOLD, which I liked more than AVATAR, so I guess I would call BLACK GOLD Horner's best score since THE LEGEND OF ZORRO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2013
    Indeed. And Horner's best score from 2012, in alphabetical order, is The Amazing Spider-Man.