• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. I must be the only person who liked For Greater Glory. It was like being wrapped in a warm, cozy, familiar Horner safety blanket. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2013
    For me, it was like being smothered in it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Steven wrote
    For me, it was like being smothered in it.

Same here.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I've heard that this score refers to his Apollo 13/Pelican Brief action sound, which for such a movie sounds weird, if intriguing.

What would you have said if told it sounded like Star Trek III, Horner's loving "homage" to Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet wink

I want STAR TREK III 2!!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Stealing the Enterprise? biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I must be the only person who liked For Greater Glory. It was like being wrapped in a warm, cozy, familiar Horner safety blanket. smile

No, I'm all with you!
    I liked "For Greater Glory" from the very first moment on. The themes are catchy, the narrative flow great as mostly the case with Horner and the vocals hughly touching. The re-use is blatant, but I don't mind... never really did.
    Bring on "Romeo & Juliet"! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I must be the only person who liked For Greater Glory. It was like being wrapped in a warm, cozy, familiar Horner safety blanket. smile

suicide
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. I seriously want this emoticon removed from the board.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Why?
  5. It disturbs me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm more disturbed by this one: lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Wait. Not that one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This one: icecream
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregt, what the fuck is that!? WHY IS IT LICKING ITS OWN BRAIN? WHY IS IT AN ICE CREAM? WHY IS IT GREEN? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    As you may have read in the small print when registering, complaints can be filed for things like the above.

Also in the small print, is point number 117, which states that complaints are rarely processed due to lack of printing devices that can print the complaint on a paper that can go through the several means of bureaucrazy. However, I noted the above and will contemplate.
    Kazoo
  6. True, that one is rather weird, too.

Also, as has been said beforr, we need another dinosaur emoticon. And a spy emoticon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd like to make a complaint about the complaint process. I'm not happy about this at all. icecream
  7. I never read the small print.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    I am the eye with which the Universe Beholds itself and knows itself divine. Percy Bysshe Shelley

Me neither.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    Bregt, what the fuck is that!? WHY IS IT LICKING ITS OWN BRAIN? WHY IS IT AN ICE CREAM? WHY IS IT GREEN? I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

I hate it when I post something and someone in between was just quicker.

But yes, it is a disturbing emoticon. I remember Martijn took the decision to add it to the list. I forgot why but it wasn't convenient to understand.
    Kazoo
  8. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Where does the ice cream keep coming from? Unless it actually excretes it time after time after digesting, which would explain the green colour by now. biggrin
  9. Southall wrote
    James Horner

There's a James-Horner-emoticon? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Yeah, but it'd just be rehash of all of the other emoticons.
  10. Steven wrote
    Yeah, but it'd just be rehash of all of the other emoticons.

biggrin second time tonight
  11. BasilB wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

No, I'm all with you!
    I liked "For Greater Glory" from the very first moment on. The themes are catchy, the narrative flow great as mostly the case with Horner and the vocals hughly touching. The re-use is blatant, but I don't mind... never really did.
    Bring on "Romeo & Juliet"! smile

Me three. I've no idea what everyone else is hearing (or smoking) but I think it's superb.

Can't wait for Romeo and Juliet. I expect overwhelming string music. cool
  12. Steven wrote

More importantly, where are the fava beans and a nice chianti for the icon?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2013
    Edmund Meinerts wrote

I loved it too!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.