• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    That heart-rendering scene where Al's dog, ruthlessly gunned down by Tortilla Man, dies in its owner's arms is scored magnificently by the clever use by the director of "The Never-Feast" by John Williams.

Picture it. *tear* cry
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    HeeroJF wrote
    Southall wrote
    omaha wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    You know you've already heard Aliens. Every human from a modern society has heard it!! "Bishop's Countdown" at the very least. It's the most used piece of score in movie trailers. wink

The end of Die Hard uses Aliens, perfectly I might add. wink

I thought it was far from perfect! Maybe only a film score freak would notice (though I'm not sure) but it's as if you suddenly leave one film and join another, given how different it is from Kamen's score.

I feel that's why it worked. It conveyed the implication that Al loosing his gun on someone was truly a world-spinning, life-changing, mind-blowing, revolutionary unfolding event in the character's life. Al shooting his gun?? Worlds end! Seasons clash! Stars burst! Composers change!

See my point?

Yes, but I don't agree with it. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Southall wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Southall wrote
    omaha wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    You know you've already heard Aliens. Every human from a modern society has heard it!! "Bishop's Countdown" at the very least. It's the most used piece of score in movie trailers. wink

The end of Die Hard uses Aliens, perfectly I might add. wink

I thought it was far from perfect! Maybe only a film score freak would notice (though I'm not sure) but it's as if you suddenly leave one film and join another, given how different it is from Kamen's score.

I feel that's why it worked. It conveyed the implication that Al loosing his gun on someone was truly a world-spinning, life-changing, mind-blowing, revolutionary unfolding event in the character's life. Al shooting his gun?? Worlds end! Seasons clash! Stars burst! Composers change!

See my point?

Yes, but I don't agree with it. wink

Fair enough. All is cool. *high five* smile
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Does anyone know the album Le derniere testament by Horner? I have never even heard of the music, nor about the film it was written for. Is it any good?
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008 edited
    This score is really good. The albums released in the past were all bootlegs. (Intrada, Varese,... wave )

Here's a link to the end credits: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ch3v9M0TXpY
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2008
    Thanks!
  1. Promo of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: http://cgi.ebay.com/BOY-IN-THE-STRIPED- … 7C294%3A50
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    keky wrote
    Does anyone know the album Le derniere testament by Horner? I have never even heard of the music, nor about the film it was written for. Is it any good?

Do you mean Testament? Released with In Country on a Romanian promo? I love that score! So charming and disarmingly innocent!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2008
    Antineutrino wrote
    Promo of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: http://cgi.ebay.com/BOY-IN-THE-STRIPED- … 7C294%3A50

I missed one for 8 GBP on Sunday due to an internet breakdown.... But actually I am not that sad because it is also a CD-R promo, at least that's what they say in the description.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    keky wrote
    Antineutrino wrote
    Promo of The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas: http://cgi.ebay.com/BOY-IN-THE-STRIPED- … 7C294%3A50

I missed one for 8 GBP on Sunday due to an internet breakdown.... But actually I am not that sad because it is also a CD-R promo, at least that's what they say in the description.

The CD finally sold for 172 $!!! shocked Now I am angry that I didn't win this on ebay.co.uk for 8 GBP!!! crazy
  2. Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "Legend of the Fall"? I've grown tired of giving this score a chance.

Southall has said over at MMUK that rumor is Horner is off
    "Avatar"
    . I hope this is either a joke, or not true, because otherwise it would be HUGELY disappointing.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009
    justin boggan wrote
    Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "Legend of the Fall"? I've grown tired of giving this score a chance.

I recommend the whole damn thing... one of Horner's great achievements... but if you only want to hear 4 tracks...

- The Ludlows
    - To The Boys...
    - Samuel's Death
    - Alfred/Tristan/The Colonel/The Legend...

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Thanks Erik. Listened to each one all the way without any skipping (except one of them). The results:

- The Ludlows

Failed.

- To The Boys...

It ws okay, but I just don't feel the need to hear it ever again.

- Samuel's Death

Stopped 2:06 in; if I can't enjoy the first two minutes, then there is no point in listening to the rest.

Twelve minutes and eightteen seconds of nothing.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Thanks Erik. Listened to each one all the way without any skipping (except one of them). The results:

- The Ludlows

Failed.

- To The Boys...

It ws okay, but I just don't feel the need to hear it ever again.

- Samuel's Death

Stopped 2:06 in; if I can't enjoy the first two minutes, then there is no point in listening to the rest.

Twelve minutes and eightteen seconds of nothing.

It's obvious you were spinning something else because "Failed" and "Twelve minutes and eighteen seconds of nothing" should never be associated with one of the best scores ever composed!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. "okay", but "one of the best" is more of a personnal opinion.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    "okay", but "one of the best" is more of a personnal opinion.

Of course it is... but it's shared by many.

-Erik-
  5. Yeah, and a lot of people share the opinion "Pirates of trhe Carribean 3" is "teh greatest score ever written!!!1"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Yeah, and a lot of people share the opinion "Pirates of trhe Carribean 3" is "teh greatest score ever written!!!1"

Shared by many means most of the people who have there heads screwed on right around here. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    "okay", but "one of the best" is more of a personnal opinion.

Of course it is... but it's shared by many.

-Erik-

Even me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Can anyone recommend three or four tracks from "Legend of the Fall"? I've grown tired of giving this score a chance.

"Avatar"
    . I hope this is either a joke, or not true, because otherwise it would be HUGELY disappointing.

It's just something I heard a while back. Hopefully there's no truth in it - it looks like it may have been just that, a rumour, since obviously nobody else has heard it.

As for Legends of the Fall, The Ludlows is my favourite track, though much like Erik I love the whole lot.
  6. I think the lot is the way to go with LEGENDS OF THE FALL. Best album of Horner's I have.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Certainly one of the best I have. Though for someone who enjoys the music of Knight Rider and pre-Back To The Future Silvestri, what can we expect? shocked
  7. Yeah biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    justin boggan wrote

"Avatar"

Anyone can confirm this?!?! Holy cow... that would be a huge disappointment indeed.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2009
    Talos wrote
    justin boggan wrote

"Avatar"

Anyone can confirm this?!?! Holy cow... that would be a huge disappointment indeed.

Not to worry, if Horner doesn't do it Silvestri will and he'll be working from a Horner temp track wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  8. NO NO NO!!

Horner can't be off AVATAR. That is the only movie and score I'm having so much hope for being totally incredible, he cannot do this. crazy

Please someone deny this is true!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2009
    I deny that it is true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I confirm denying that the denial above is a confirmation of the proper denial confirmed by the party denying all confirmation.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I only said it was a rumour... and went on to say it appeared to be wrong. Don't worry!
  9. Bless you! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.