• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2011
    Not my thing.....pass.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Definitely my thing! I love these Americana-doused scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I do and I don't, I'm a picky mudder******.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Those Horner sound clips sound good to me! Natty Gann meets Something Wicked This Way Comes.
    The Goldsmith parts I'm not sure about though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh God.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. What's this, didn't expect this? An undiscovered Horner (I even never knew about it) from his early years. Will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the heads up Basil. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    What's this, didn't expect this? An undiscovered Horner (I even never knew about it) from his early years. Will definitely check it out.

Thanks for the heads up Basil. cool

good for you smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. BasilB wrote
    And here we go:
    http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/cds/detail.cfm?cdID=467

"The Homecoming" and "Rascals and Robbers" by J. Goldsmith and J. Horner... sweet!

One of my personal favorites. A good bit back I made a suite of it and another still unreleased Horner score to get people's attention:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQ2e6hVdgU
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011
    "Cristiada" trailer is online:
    http://www.cristiadafilm.com/

Well... we'll see...
  4. Looks like the type of score Horner could score in his sleep.
  5. As long as it doesn't put us to sleep.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011 edited
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Looks like the type of score Horner could score in his sleep.

Some times that's how he copies...errrr... writes his scores.

tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2011
    rolleyes biggrin
  6. FSM releases "Testament":
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … TESTAMENT/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2011
  7. Never heard it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2011
    justin boggan wrote
    FSM releases "Testament":
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … TESTAMENT/

Fantastic! Ordered!

Coming next: a LaLaLand-Party! biggrin Insane!
  8. I've practically never listened to 'Testament', though I know of it, so I'm skipping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAntineutrino
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2011 edited
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011 edited
    The scoring session pictures have continued for seven days - nice to see some of them.

http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=313576978430
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2011
    Great pictures but where is the shakuhachi?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    An update from Tony Hinnigan...

Yesterday, I finished recording on the film "Cristiada", one of the most harrowing films I've ever had to play to. The film will, probably, be released towards the end of this year. Panpipes, quena, electric cello and some charango/guitar/cuatro were the order of the day.
    It remains difficult to play to scenes where human beings are doing unspeakable things to other human beings.
    I know that they're actors, and that no-one has been harmed in the making of this movie, etc., but this stuff actually happened.
    That's the bit that fries your brain, whilst you're attempting to play.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2011
    Hmm... what does this comment say to us about James Horners music... ?

Is "Cristiada" going to be a spanish version of "Apocalypto"? wink Probably not.... very intrigued about how Horners score is going to sound!
    Bring it on!!
  9. The end of the year? I hate waiting...
  10. BasilB wrote

Is "Cristiada" going to be a spanish version of "Apocalypto"? wink Probably not.... very intrigued about how Horners score is going to sound!
    Bring it on!!

I don't think so. Horner is using a orchestra for the score, Apocalypto didn't had one.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2011
    yonythemoony wrote
    BasilB wrote

Bring it on!!

I don't think so. Horner is using a orchestra for the score, Apocalypto didn't had one.

I know, I know... wasn't ment to be too serious a comment! wink
  11. BasilB wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    BasilB wrote

Bring it on!!

I know, I know... wasn't ment to be too serious a comment! wink

Ok.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2011 edited
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUe0YvyGZI4

Enjoy, some Rocketeer variation later on... and a nice Star Trek 2 type of finale. (in a good way, I really don't mind the references here, sounds good) I love the piece.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  12. Amazing piece, classic Horner. Though at 8:16 sounds like the main theme from Spiderwick Chronicles. Also, it's not the full piece. There's a couple of minutes missing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2011 edited
    James Horner is a genius! Plagiarism and self-borrowing aside Horner, in this clip, has pretty much single-handedly piqued my interested in watching the remake of The Karate Kid. shocked The score outside of the film is superb (one of my favorites of 2010) but the breathtaking cinematography and music from that lone 3 minute and 14 second clip has me itching to give the film as go.

DAMN YOU JAMES HORNER!!!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!