• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Eh? Those two CD's are long enough. What is missing that you would want a complete release?

-Erik-

Actually the release of House of Sand and Fog cuts a very nice piano theme (appearing two-three times in the film) right in the middle. I wonder why Horner didn't want to finish the cue and the repetitive character (or rather derivative) of the second half doesn't really explain the choice. The first half of the melody ends the third track on the album.

I'd like to hear it in full.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. I especially want to hear the full cue during the climax of House. It ends slightly different from the CD version.
  3. Did anybody save a copy of the filmmusicradio.com interview with him from 2006?
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  4. There is a text version of it somewhere, I read it rather than listened to.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013
    The "On the Score" one with Daniel Scweiger? Yes, I downloaded that to my harddrive when it was on.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Yes, that is the one. If you are willing to share a copy with me. There's no immediate rush.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2013
    I actually uploaded it to Dropbox awhile back. Seems like it's a very popular interview that many people would like to have.

Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wo8dctzzz4dry … er-128.mp3

It's about 120 Mb, so might take awhile.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Thanks for the link, Thor. Only took a little over a minute 30 seconds to download.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2013
    New interview with James Horner on BBC Radio 3:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b2k8k

Unfortunately, for the ones who listened to other interviews with him, there ist not all too much new stuff here... pity. Still some nice comments from Jim Cameron and Mel Gibson as well.

Enjoy!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2013
    Info for Oct. 28th releases

I'll post the covers later, I don't want to sit on top of Bruce's awesome Heaven Can Wait/Racing with the Moon release...so go check those samples and revel in that release which is long overdue. I'm only posting now because I was looking at the covers and one is mostly just red and the other is mostly just blue. They look interesting side by side. I guess I can't help being a tease.

http://www.intrada.net/phpBB2/viewtopic … amp;t=5835

COCOON
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    James, do you have any idea of how much extra music there is? I last saw the film a few years ago and don't remember anything of significance.

Still, a better sound quality might be enough for me, I absolutely love this score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2013 edited
    The Cocoon expanded release is worth the unreleased dolphins swimming along side the boat cue alone! But I think there's really only one or two previously unreleased cues.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    James, do you have any idea of how much extra music there is? I last saw the film a few years ago and don't remember anything of significance.

Still, a better sound quality might be enough for me, I absolutely love this score.

I can't remember either, so have to defer to Erik. I think it's one of Horner's best.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2013 edited
    There are a couple of little moments but no major missing cues if I remember correctly. The finale was split over two tracks (out of order) on the original release, so I expect that to be rectified here.

Edit - missed Eric's post - the dolphin cue is great; Horner's short cues are often overlooked.
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013
    Cocoon is one of the best scores by James Horner. If someone hasn´t the previous release, it should buy the CD
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'll definitely look into it this time, as I never could afford the old Polydor and PEG CDs of the score back in the day. But I'm a bit worried -- wasn't there loads of happy-go-lucky big band music in the film? How much of Horner's emotional orchestral music is there?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    I'll definitely look into it this time, as I never could afford the old Polydor and PEG CDs of the score back in the day. But I'm a bit worried -- wasn't there loads of happy-go-lucky big band music in the film? How much of Horner's emotional orchestral music is there?

PLENTY! I'm pleased to say.

The big band tune ( yes, just the one piece and it's by Horner ) was a pretty good pastiche, I would hope that the new release leaves out the 'orrible GRAVITY* track which is seriously NASTY!!!!

*( though it would not surprise me if Thor liked it wink
    • CommentAuthorkilar30
    The main theme is similar to Legend of the falls. It´s fantastic!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2013
    COCOON
  7. Singing ey, ey, yippee, yippee, ey cheesy
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  8. Captain Future wrote
    Singing ey, ey, yippee, yippee, ey cheesy

HORNBACH. Es gibt immer was zu tun.
  9. Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Singing ey, ey, yippee, yippee, ey cheesy

HORNBACH. Es gibt immer was zu tun.

biggrin

Ich glaub', da heißt es: Singing kai yai yippee yippee yai oder yippee-jaja yippee yippee yeah

or something like that.

Another one: Come a ti yi yippee yippee yeah

After revisiting the world famous HORNBACH commercial, I believe the above is the actual version.

(I f you don't know what this is all about, never mind.)
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2013
    Review of the Intrada release of the masterpiece that is Cocoon:

http://www.movie-wave.net/cocoon/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014
    Literally the gayest thing you'll see this year...
  10. Steven wrote

Seriously? THAT is the gayest thing you'll see this year? Pah... you don't get out much, do ya? biggrin
    www.synchrotones.wordpress.com | www.synchrotones.co.uk | @Synchrotones | facebook | soundcloud | youtube
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014
    Perhaps I should. I didn't realise getting out entailed seeing gay things.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2014 edited
    Steven wrote

There's a lot more of the year to come yet but yes, for now this is # 1

Re: 3.35

I didn't know Vin Diesel enjoyed a good singalong?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed! I'm not sure he understands the words he's singing though...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Steven wrote

Literally the most judgemental and offensive comment I've seen here this year. I happen to adore that song and I'm very, very straight.

And no, I don't get out much.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!