• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    The Ghost Writer artwork, clips and tracklist - http://www.varesesarabande.com/details. … -067-007-2

1. The Ghost Writer (1:41)
    2. Rhinehart Publishing (:58)
    3. Travel To The Island (2:28)
    4. Lang’s Memoirs (1:43)
    5. Chase on the Ferry (2:31)
    6. Suspicion (2:49)
    7. Investigation (2:07)
    8. Hidden Documents (2:09)
    9. The Old Man (1:17)
    10. In The Woods (3:40)
    11. Prints (1:45)
    12. The Predecessor (2:28)
    13. Pr Paul Emmett (5:39)
    14. Bicycle Ride (1:52)
    15. Lang And The CIA (2:21)
    16. The Truth About Ruth (4:55)
    17. The Ghost Writer (Reprise) (1:49)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010
    Boring cover. The clips sounded interesting but I'm not sure I would get it? I need to hear more.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Boring cover. The clips sounded interesting but I'm not sure I would get it? I need to hear more.

Boring? I thought it was alright. You know, like the Brosnan character being the "ghost writer" in the background and stuff.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ordered. This is the side of Desplat I love to hear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Sign of how long I haven't participated in the forum the fact that I've just found out that Desplat is goiong to compose for Harry Potter. Excellent!!!! I'm really looking forward to it! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2010 edited
    Ello! Everything's allright? wave
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Another Desplat new score? Goody goody! The film looks very interesting too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2010
    Does anybody have the iTunes PLUS tracks of The Upside of Anger? Please PM me! (I'm not able to buy this, living outside the US...)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2010
    Has this interview been posted before? It was performed a bit before the release of NEW MOON and it contains some very interesting questions.

http://www.examiner.com/x-12873-Soundtr … re-Desplat
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    Film clip of The Ghost Writer, with Desplat giving away a little chase music:
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/summit/theghostwriter/
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2010
    Sounds great! Unfortunately I get the feeling that's probably the only action we'll hear from the score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Polanski was awarded today for Ghost Writer...read it somewhere, but forgot which awards? They were European though..any info?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote
    Sounds great! Unfortunately I get the feeling that's probably the only action we'll hear from the score.

I don't particularly care on the amount of action vs calmer, more typical Desplat. If it's coming from him, it's bound to be at least very interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Polanski was awarded today for Ghost Writer...read it somewhere, but forgot which awards? They were European though..any info?

Silver Bear at the Berlinale (Best Director).
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap! That's it, thanks.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Can we have the score already? I'm dying to listen to it! cry
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    The Fantastic Mr Fox The Abbey Road mixes were just released today as a download only version. It contains twice as much score (and then some) as the original score that came out last year. Maybe this will turn into The Fantastic Mr. Oscar? wink I doubt it.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    confused

If you say so, I can't find it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Apparently it's only available in the US store, just like Upside of Anger. I hate this. I want both albums, and would even buy them digitally, if I could.

If anybody wants to share with me the iTunes PLUS tracks of the expanded Fantastic Mr Fox and Upside of Anger, please PM me!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    I'm listening to Ghost Writer right now. Some tracks (like "Chase on the ferry") would be right at home in a Harry Potter movie. If that's not a good indication of Desplat's flexibility as a composer, then I don't know what is.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    Expanded Fantastic Mr. Fox score released

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … -released/

I can think of the only one person on this planet who will be thriller by these news! wink
  1. I'd be surprised if there was even one! The rest of us were thrilled when news hit the boards 2 days ago (see above! wink )
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I was absent, in reality with the exams and all. But damn, there's more than simply you? I need what you're smoking!
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    Expanded Fantastic Mr. Fox score released

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … -released/

I can think of the only one person on this planet who will be thriller by these news! wink

what's the bloody use of that?
    Couldn't they have released that the first time instead?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Double the income.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010
    Fantastic Mr. Fox score seems to have gotten some expanded Oscar treatment too. lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 22nd 2010
    I'm probably late to the party, as always, but how awesome is The Ghost Writer! The best score of 2010 so far for me, by a mile. A great theme, and surely one of the best climaxes on an album of the last few years. Desplat is really one of the few who can hold it back in order to go all out at the end. Tension-building and musical climax at its best, surely?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's good, but it's a little too quiet for a little too long. Bring on Largo Winch 2 please. lick
  3. I'm with fommes.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm with none of you! wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!