• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008
    Steven wrote
    King Arthur | Hans Zimmer

Zimmah! Zimmah! Zim-Zimmaahh!

(Just imagine Timmy from South Park is saying that, and you get the idea.)

Haha, that was a GOOD one mate! lol
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP P.S. I Love You (John Powell)
    Charming and pleasant score from Powell, with all the elements he uses in this kinda scores. Sweet!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Was playing THE NEW WORLD by James Horner earlier. Probably one of best works in the past couple of years. Sure, it reminds me off other score that he has written but the rip offs in this score aren't as blatant... at least to my ear. I hear THE SPITFIRE GRILL and LEGENDS OF THE FALL mostly but for some reason the rest of the score just flowed by nice a smoothly without a lot of the Horner distractions that I'm use to hearing in his other scores. The album presentation is perfect, IMHO.

NP: Medal of Honor - Michael Giacchino

Where my love affair with Giacchino's music began. Brilliant stuff... simply brilliant!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    NP P.S. I Love You (John Powell)
    Charming and pleasant score from Powell, with all the elements he uses in this kinda scores. Sweet!

You mean, I'm NOT the only person who's listened to this? shocked wink

What did you think of ''The Meeting'' in the end?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - John Williams

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ We have to hang out one day!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Erik, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd definitely love to meet up! Canada has long been on my places to visit but boy it's soooooo BIG! My sister visited a few years ago for about a Month which included trips to Toronto, which she loved and BANFF which she says was awesome cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Erik, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd definitely love to meet up! Canada has long been on my places to visit but boy it's soooooo BIG! My sister visited a few years ago for about a Month which included trips to Toronto, which she loved and BANF which she says was awesome cool

I swear Banf is just made up of really, really nice golf courses and apartments. tongue

I certainly wouldn't mind visiting again!

Anyway, NP - The World Is Not Enough

I'm in another serious Arnold mood, and the boat chase cue just fits the bill perfectly! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Life Before Her Eyes - James Horner

First listen. Love the way it's started. Does the lack of conductor/orchestrator credit indicate it's all synth? (Booklet does credit pianist, guitarist and synth programmer.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    The Life Before Her Eyes - James Horner

First listen. Love the way it's started. Does the lack of conductor/orchestrator credit indicate it's all synth? (Booklet does credit pianist, guitarist and synth programmer.)

I'd say that observation is valid.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Erik, if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'd definitely love to meet up! Canada has long been on my places to visit but boy it's soooooo BIG! My sister visited a few years ago for about a Month which included trips to Toronto, which she loved and BANFF which she says was awesome cool

True... it's a very LARGE country geographically (3rd largest if I'm not mistaken)but MOST of us livein the southern portions of the country. Anyway, if you are in my neck of the Woods come on over. We can listen to some unreleased Giacchino music together! wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Really enjoyed it. Have now moved on to a few selections of Heavy Metal before I cook the dinner. So good to hear this with good sound!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

True... it's a very LARGE country geographically (3rd largest if I'm not mistaken)but MOST of us livein the southern portions of the country. Anyway, if you are in my neck of the Woods come on over. We can listen to some unreleased Giacchino music together! wink

-Erik-

It could be a few years yet but man Erik that is one mouthwatering offer smile
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Trevor Jones's Madrid Concert CD - just a lovely way to start the day.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    SECRET WEAPONS OVER NORMANDY - MICHAEL GIACCHINO

I forgot how good the Nemesis theme was. I must learn how to play this! punk biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2008
    NP : TESS - Philippe Sarde

A favourite of mine cool
  1. Timmer wrote

A favourite of mine cool

Why are you still up?!?!?!?!?!
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    Timmer wrote

A favourite of mine cool

Why are you still up?!?!?!?!?!

Back atcha spin

I've only ever needed 4 - 5 hours sleep a night.

I'm not far off of those sleep now though smile
  2. My final year research project is due in tomorrow (well today now).

I've always believed in taking full advantage of deadlines!!

Needless to say, its going to be a bit poo, but after its in, i've effectively finished university...so

NP: schindlers list John Williams,

Not the best score to keep me up sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Tim (not timmer) wrote
    My final year research project is due in tomorrow (well today now).

I've always believed in taking full advantage of deadlines!!

Needless to say, its going to be a bit poo, but after its in, i've effectively finished university...so

NP: schindlers list John Williams,

Not the best score to keep me up sad

Good luck Tim, hope it all works out. beer
  3. Oh its all been a bit pointless this semester.

I needed over 78% (on coursework, which is nigh on impossible) to get a 1st, and under 28% to not get a 2:1, which effectively meant zero motivation.

Still (almost certainly) got a 2:1, so woo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Cuthroatt Island (Debney)

I hardly can listen the whole soundtrack...(Then imagine the complete).

My brain disconnect after the 6 minutes of Carriage chase...

But Ey!

the main theme is , with stargate, one of the best themes i ever heard!!!!!!!!!!

"The Battle...." you hardly can find 17 minutes of better action music!

HOIST THe........Oops! it's not here, but well It's almost so good like this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Mr. &. Mrs. Smith - John Powell

I forgot how fun this score actually is!

P.S. I Love You should have been delivered by the time I get home too!

cool
  4. NP: Seven Guns for a Killing (Morricone)

'When seven creeping shadows go riding, looking for trouble, trouble comes!'

My, these men had a way with words!
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Seven Guns for a Killing (Morricone)

'When seven creeping shadows go riding, looking for trouble, trouble comes!'

My, these men had a way with words!

biggrin

Not heard this? Any good?
  5. It actually isn't Morricone, it was Francesco de Masi.
    Just a few tracks in a suite, but they're fairly enjoyable, as they things are. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

the main theme is , with stargate, one of the best themes i ever heard!!!!!!!!!!

Subtle... very subtle.

rolleyes

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Subtle... very subtle.

rolleyes

-Erik-

Ahahaha...I didn't say it for that, but.... it's ok.. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I was playing Ifukube's "Symphonic Fantastia" which is basically a concert work of his Godzilla music. It had been a while since I listened to it and boy did Giacchino really do a great pastiche job with his Cloverfield overture.

NP: Asterix Aux Jeux Olympiques - Frederic Talgorn

Talgorn in Williams country. This is like listening to a lost Williams 80's score. Very well crafted, complex and detailed orchestrations, great themes, with one of the best action tracks we will hear this year... "La Course De Chars."

Lots of fun!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sleepwalking - Christopher Young

From the film's title I had assumed this was another horror film. But it isn't. Very laid-back, pleasant music.