• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012
    francis wrote
    Great so see La-La Land releasing a 2CD set of Die Hard 3; This will be like discovering a whole new Die Hard score given the short amount in the movie. I love the new Die Hard 2 varese club, getting a lot of play the last week smile

DIE HARD WITH A VENGEANCE – EXPANDED ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK -- 2 CD SET
    MUSIC BY MICHAEL KAMEN
    LLLCD 1233
    LIMITED EDITION OF 4000 UNITS
    RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

Found out about this last night. SO. EXCITED. EXCLAMATION. POINT.
  1. I suppose now I can finally hear what all the fuss is about. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    None of the DIE HARD scores have been particularly interesting to me, but the use of classical music and other quotes have been inspired.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I think they're great scores in context. But in album terms, not really for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote

yeah
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah x2
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote

This is true. Kamen's Die Hard scores were really excellent supporters of the movie they accompanied. But being a big fan of those movies as well, it's a great bonus to hear the scores apart from the visuals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I think they're great scores in context. In album terms, I love'em as well!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. I have to agree. These scores were really engineered as film scores and not wallpaper. I bought both versions of DIE HARD because there are many standout moments and I think it's a seminal score worth owning, but the other two just don't appeal to me on album. They work fantastically well in the films, but there's only so much of it I can take.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    The first Die Hard score is a great action/christmas score. I remember falling in love with the plucking violin motif when I first saw the movie , that was just such a cool suspense tool. When I wanted to buy the soundtrack, the Varese was long out of print so I resorted to the Die Hard 2 Varese album. That however didn't satisfy my 'Die Hard' needs and I wanted to hear more. So both the La-La Land & Varese Club expansions have certainly fulfilled that and now this new La-La Land release of part 3 will be like a welcome bonus.

I can see how the Die Hard scores aren't for everyone, I expect the same people who don't care for them wont enjoy Lethal Weapon either; But I just love the musical universe Kamen created for both franchises, and minimalistic in orchestration they might be, they definitely left a mark on the genre and made those movies more iconic.
  3. francis wrote
    I can see how the Die Hard scores aren't for everyone, I expect the same people who don't care for them wont enjoy Lethal Weapon either; But I just love the musical universe Kamen created for both franchises, and minimalistic in orchestration they might be, they definitely left a mark on the genre and made those movies more iconic.

Actually I can't wait for the LETHAL WEAPON scores, which at this point I'm assuming will come (hopefully soon) from LLL. They're bold and enormously entertaining, all with different personalities.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2012 edited
    The LETHAL WEAPON scores are far more accesible as listening experience (especially when Clapton's guitar is on), but they're not altogether my cuppa tea either. I prefer Kamen in other modi.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Modi? dizzy

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012
    Plural of 'modus'. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    English mother fucker. Do you speak it?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorfrancis
    Thor wrote
    Plural of 'modus'. smile

Modus is latin. 'Mode' is english, plural 'modes'. wink

Unless someone can correct me on this
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    francis wrote
    Thor wrote
    Plural of 'modus'. smile

Modus is latin. 'Mode' is english, plural 'modes'. wink

Unless someone can correct me on this

Yeah, I know. I always use the Latin version, also in English (probably because it's the most common in Norway).
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Hey there are plenty of other fora around for you to use that crap, Thor.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    Hey there are plenty of other fora around for you to use that crap, Thor.

Quid istuc est?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    suicide
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2012 edited
    biggrin

There's more where that comes from, no worries.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Mike Skerritt wrote
    Hey there are plenty of other fora around for you to use that crap, Thor.

Wtf is this? Your personal differences do not regard this forum or anyone from this forum; please stop this.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Fora?

biggrin wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think Mike may have been joking, given his use of 'fora' as a plural of 'forum' ! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm pretty sure Mike was just joking around, D. Settle down. I invited Mike to MT (or at least mentioned it to him) on Facebook to the most friendly film music community on the planet. Let's not ruin our reputation with remarks likes yours above. He's a regular at FSM and I'm sure he is tired of all the bullshit there and decided to come here for some good to honest clean film music fun. He also knows Thor very well.

Simmer down!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Zimmer down!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm pretty sure Mike was just joking around, D. Settle down. I invited Mike to MT (or at least mentioned it to him) on Facebook to the most friendly film music community on the planet. Let's not ruin our reputation with remarks likes yours above. He's a regular at FSM and I'm sure he is tired of all the bullshit there and decided to come here for some good to honest clean film music fun. He also knows Thor very well.

Simmer down!

-Erik-

Erik, i don't know that. As a mod i have to check stuff like that; if it was a joke, a behind-the-scenes joke i didn't know about then it's not my fault; whatever the case, i apologize if this is what happened indeed.

But please bear in mind that i can't know in advance who invited whom and what people's facebook or fsm or real life relationships are.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    But he said he heard about MT on Facebook from me HERE! That is a topic you do read because you welcomed him on board HERE!

Anyway, maybe a PM would have been the best approach!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ZIMMAH!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    or TIMMAH!