• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2010
    Oh cool! I love the main title from Speed 2! That's going to be ordered for sure.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL: LIMITED EDITION

SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1138
    Music by Mark Mancina
    Limited Edition of 3000 Units

NOW SHIPPING
    RETAIL PRICE $19.98

ORDER "SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL: LIMITED EDITION" NOW at www.lalalandrecords.com

Presenting the premiere release of composer Mark Mancina's (BAD BOYS, MONEY TRAIN, SPEED, FAIR GAME, SHOOTER) powerhouse score to the 1997 Twentieth Century Fox feature film SPEED 2, starring Sandra Bullock, Jason Patric and Willem Dafoe, directed by Jan De Bont. Orchestra and electronics combine in spectacular Mancina fashion, resulting in a full-throttle score that skillfully revisits the composer's classic SPEED music, while also spinning off from it in exhilarating new directions. Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino, and digitally edited and mastered by Mike Matessino and Neil S. Bulk, this dynamic album presentation includes a notable amount of music that wasn't used in the film (due to the picture's ever-changing edits right up to its release date). More than 70 minutes of pure adrenaline! Exclusive, in-depth liner notes by Daniel Schweiger feature new comments from the composer. This is a limited edition of 3000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Twentieth Century Fox Fanfare/Motorcycle Chase (4:18)
    2. Alex and Annie / Caribbean Cruise (4:42)
    3. Engine Room (5:02)
    4. Overboard (8:40)
    5. Last Lifeboat (7:01)
    6. Goodbye, Alex (4:06)
    7. Reunion (2:43)
    8. Tanker Turn (5:02)
    9. Gieger Grabs Annie (1:48)
    10. Escape (7:31)
    11. The Harbor (7:16)
    12. Final Chase (7:23)
    13. Underwater Rescue (1:46)
    14. Cruising (2:58)
    Total Time (70:24)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    Cool, long tracks!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    What are people's ratings of the Speed 2 score then?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2010
    4 out of 5 punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2010
    -2/5
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    It's awfully repetitive. I remember it being so much better all those years ago.

All you need is the motorcycle chase and the Caribbean theme and you've pretty much heard it all. Don't want to be harsh against it, but that's really all it is. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    The only Mancina i love is TWISTER and the first BLOOD+ thingy. The rest is just unbearable to me, at least these days.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFeliz
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    The only Mancina i love is TWISTER and the first BLOOD+ thingy. The rest is just unbearable to me, at least these days.

Bad Boys? August Rush? No?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    It's awfully repetitive. I remember it being so much better all those years ago.

All you need is the motorcycle chase and the Caribbean theme and you've pretty much heard it all. Don't want to be harsh against it, but that's really all it is. slant

Agree.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Speed 2 has been a favourite bootleg release of mine for many, many years. It runs circles around the original Speed, for one thing. It's formulaic and unoriginal by today's standards, but this comes from a time where scores like those actually paved the way for the rest of the 90s Media Venture standard fare.

I think it's pure guilty pleasure. I'm definitely replacing my old bootleg by this new shiny release.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Feliz wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Bad Boys? August Rush? No?

Bad boys is fun but too many abruptly changing short cues. As for AUGUST RUSH, definitely not my type of music and never quite understood why it made such fuss in his fanbase.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Domestic Disturbances, anyone? I think that's one of Mancina's most mature scores.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    HeeroJF wrote
    Domestic Disturbances, anyone? I think that's one of Mancina's most mature scores.

Yeap, I love the broken arrow theme in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Really?? It's hidden in there?? Wow can't believe I never noticed! I'll have to pop those two in next.
    • CommentAuthorShawnS
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2010 edited
    Hey all! I've posted on this subject before, but I never seem to get any responses, so I'll try again.

Mark Mancina's score for the film Camille (2007) has so far not received a proper release on CD nor is it available for download and it's truly a shame. See the following link (yeah, I know, Youtube...) and watch the opening credits to the film and listen for yourself. This score is beautiful and deserves a proper release. I'm hoping one day we'll get one.

Camille Part 1
    • CommentAuthorShawnS
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    BUMP

Seriously? I'm the only one that appreciates the score to this film?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2010
    Seems so. I thought the theme was very pretty.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010
    Yes, very nice!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2010 edited
    I
    ShawnS wrote
    BUMP

Seriously? I'm the only one that appreciates the score to this film?

I've not seen this movie, so I can't really appreciate it. Though if a score is released, I'm sure I will be able to appreciate it.
  1. Review of Speed 2

Enjoy
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Mark Mancina scoring ‘Flypaper

Film Music Reporter has learned that the upcoming crime comedy Flypaper will feature a score by composer Mark Mancina. The film centers around a man who is caught in the middle of two simultaneous robberies at the same bank and desperately tries to protect the teller with whom he’s secretly in love. The film is directed by Rob Minkoff, who previously worked with Mancina on the Disney fantasy The Haunted Mansion starring Eddie Murphy.

(read the above paragraph and didn't know where to stop giggling wink )

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … -flypaper/
  2. He also directed The Lion King.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2010
    Ok. one giggle less indeed.
  3. even though's it's highly repetitive (from what I remember in the movie), there's some typical nice action material here with a typical main theme, plus it's good to see more Mancina on the market

MONEY TRAIN: LIMITED EDITION LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

Presenting the world premiere release of renowned composer Mark Mancina’s (SPEED, SPEED 2, BAD BOYS, TWISTER, SHOOTER) score to the 1995 Columbia Pictures feature film MONEY TRAIN, starring Wesley Snipes, Woody Harrelson and Jennifer Lopez, and directed by Joseph Ruben. Action maestro Mancina brings a blues hue, and even a Spanish-style lilt, to his breathtaking rhythms and trademark propulsive percussion, delivering an orchestral score that ranks along with his best. Produced by Mark Mancina and mastered by James Nelson, this limited edition release features exclusive, in-depth liner notes by film music writer Daniel Schweiger, featuring all new comments from the composer. This is a limited edition of 3000 Units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Petty Theft (3:46)
    2. Charlie Steals The Model (1:01)
    3. Buddha Consciousness (:27 )
    4. The Torch Strikes (2:20)
    5. Hook’s Promise (:41)
    6. Love Hurts (:45)
    7. A Gift Of 15 Grand/Charlie Loses The Money (1:41)
    8. Round Two/ Love Betrayed (1:39)
    9. The Torch Gets Ready/The Torch Is Toast (6:11)
    10. Get Out Of My Life (:23)
    11. Brown’s Ultimatum (2:39)
    12. Charlie Gets Ready/Charlie Grabs The Train (1:58)
    13. Motorcycle Subway (2:01)
    14. No Escape (1:29)
    15. Breaking The Barrier (5:45)
    16. I’ll Be There/The Brothers Fight/Money Train Wreck (7:25)
    17. Keeping Cool (:42)

Total Running Time: 40:53
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2011
    Nice score. Not too sure about the short cues, and dreading it's a C&C.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Might try this one out, seeing how much I enjoyed Speed 2, and didn't think too much of it when the bootleg was the only source to rely on.

At least the movie is one I can totally enjoy.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Review of Money Train, I remembered it sounded a whole lot better in the movie. Some fine tracks but altogether slightly disappointed

- Money Train
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2011
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of Money Train, I remembered it sounded a whole lot better in the movie. Some fine tracks but altogether slightly disappointed

- Money Train

Hmmm, yeah, I'm also hoping that Fair Game will be next!!!
  6. lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Review of Money Train, I remembered it sounded a whole lot better in the movie. Some fine tracks but altogether slightly disappointed

- Money Train

Hmmm, yeah, I'm also hoping that Fair Game will be next!!!

I'm sure it will