• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2009
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    It's okay, I thought the Athenians were still at war with Sparta.

Are you.....are you saying they're not???

I saw this movie recently, and they were fighting in that... so I assume so?

If it was in a movie then it must be a true story.....FACT!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Return to the past with some of Mancina's most enjoyable soundtracks:

- August Rush
    - Brother Bear
    - Con Air
    - Domestic Disturbance
    - Moll Flanders
    - Tarzan
    - Twister

Happy reading
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Return to the past with some of Mancina's most enjoyable soundtracks:

- August Rush
    - Brother Bear
    - Con Air
    - Domestic Disturbance
    - Moll Flanders
    - Tarzan
    - Twister

Happy reading

punk
  2. added the missing review of:

- Speed

happy reading
    • CommentAuthorShawnS
    • CommentTimeSep 14th 2009
    Hello all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been collecting movie scores for years. Almost 900 albums and counting!

I recently rented the film Camille and Mark Mancina's score is absolutely gorgeous. I keep watching the opening credits of the movie just to hear it.

However, I can't seem to find any news or information anywhere about an official release. Does anyone know if the original score for this film will be made available for direct purchase or download in the forseeable future? I would pay anything for this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    Welcome, Shawn! wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2009
    Welcome Shawn, glad to have you with us!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010
    NEW FROM LA LA LAND RECORDS

SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL
    - On Sale June 15th

For the first time on CD comes Mark Mancina's full throttle action extravaganza courtesy of the fine folks at 20th Century Fox. This "album presentation" marks the first release of its underscore. A notable amount of music that wasn’t used in film due to its ever-changing picture cuts is also included, revealing the score in all of its thrilling, and thematically suspenseful complexity. Over 70 minutes of Pure Adrenaline!

Limited Edition of 3000 Units
    Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino
    Liner Notes by Daniel Schweiger (featuring behind the scenes stories by composer Mark Mancina)

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. yes, fuck yes
    bloody marvelous, this is such a better score than speed, same cool stuff but with a couple new and exciting themes

must buy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2010 edited
    Hoping Mancina's version of the 20th Century Fox logo music is on there.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

it moves directly into his music, so it must be included smile

still, Mancina deserves this release, one of the finest of all the MV composers and the man hardly gets a chance, so sad

but alas, that is the fate of so many good composers sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Is it better than his TWISTER score? 'CAuse that's setting the bar very highly and anything i've heard since didn't impress me much.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

still, Mancina deserves this release, one of the finest of all the MV composers and the man hardly gets a chance, so sad

HE created some good scores in the past indeed. But don't over-blow it, his recent stuff that got released was very passable, some even terribly mediocre.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Is it better than his TWISTER score? 'CAuse that's setting the bar very highly and anything i've heard since didn't impress me much.

Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

HE created some good scores in the past indeed. But don't over-blow it, his recent stuff that got released was very passable, some even terribly mediocre.

no TWISTER is still for me one of his best, but it's much better than Speed. All the themes return but work alongside a couple of new themes, and the action is much better as well than Speed

For me, Blood is proof Mancina hasn't lost his touch yet, that's enough for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It's not that good. And vol.II is very poor in comparison. He's not doing much after that either...we'll see.
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    It's not that good. And vol.II is very poor in comparison. He's not doing much after that either...we'll see.

vol II is a bore, but the first is pretty good for me

anyway, I always loved his style, so I kinda miss that. Hence the reason SPEED 2 is a must buy for me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Blood volume one has some very good moments in it indeed. Anyway, his style is pretty well cloned in Rabin's and vice-versa i think. I don't miss that much smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    I'm not a big fan of Speed 2, but I will certainly check this out.

I'm hoping that one day a record company will release the full score of Days of Thunder and includes the final race cue by Mark. One of my Holy Grail release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not sure it holds up to 70 minutes, but great to see this score out on CD at last (I seem to remember an earlier soundtrack, but my memory must be playing tricks on me). Mancina's score for the first film is a classic, and he got to expand upon and develop his material here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Woohoo, fantastic news! Last week, while reading the SPEED article in Empire, I thought of how cool a release of this would be, but thought it would never happen in the near future, and here it is!

It's not as good as Twister, but it's got an addictive driving force of percussion (hopefully that will be maintained in this full release) and an awesome theme statement in the opening. A more symphonic and exotic version of Speed, if you will. Must buy!
    • CommentAuthortimme
    This is indeed a great release. One more holy grail down and this one is 70 min long! Instant buy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentAuthorLars
    SPEED 2 is a fantastic MV action score. like BoBdH said, this score has more symphonic and thematic action parts than SPEED. i also like the love theme and the caribbean theme. it's a great score by mancina and for me as good as TWISTER.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    LOVE that main title from Speed 2.

punk

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Hmm... I'd say, in hindsight, it's a good foreboding of what is to come. There are Twister like moments in the score, but the percussive nature makes it a different beast. For me, Twister is better, but Speed 2 doesn't feel like a lesser score (on the boot, that is). It's for everyone who loved Speed, but laments the lack of orchestra and synthy sound.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Oooh. This is one for Alan! He's been waiting for this one for years.

Me as well. This is such a fun score! cheesy
    Kazoo
  7. Good to see this finally released for the people that want it, but I prefer the first. 70 minutes of Speed 2 can be too overbearing for my tastes.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DreamTheater wrote
    Good to see this finally released for the people that want it, but I prefer the first. 70 minutes of Speed 2 can be too overbearing for my tastes.

I'm used to the 40 minute promo and found that it was a bit lacking. This 70minute version might be definitive version that I need to change my mind.
  8. Well I'll listen to it to check it out, but I remember not being too in love with the boot (or promo). Call me weird but I liked the first Speed's synthy approach.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  9. I also prefer the original take on Speed. I've listened to Speed 2 but haven't revisited it very often over the years. Maybe a proper (and loving) release may change my mind on this one.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Erik Woods wrote
    NEW FROM LA LA LAND RECORDS

SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL
    - On Sale June 15th

YES!! punk punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you