• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    During World War II British soldiers found that Condoms were useful for keeping weaponry clean and safe from the elements by putting condoms over the ends of rifle barrels etc. A request was made to have 18 inch condoms made for larger weaponry, Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave his seal of approval but only on condition that they were marked "Medium Size" in case they fell into enemy hands.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

Sorry folks but this one is.....

TRUE!

Wel done Pawel, Ravi, Steven and Tommy biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    bounce

I should heed my sixth sense a bit more! wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Awesome. Brings new meaning to slipping a condom on your rifle.
  1. haha, so cool
    Hey Guy's, those wimps have condoms like they are gonna get laid here in the war
    uh oh, my gun doesn't work
    bam shot down by a condom biggrin
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    biggrin

Anyone else fancy putting a question up? If not I've got a few more.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008
    Hmmmm...if memory serves, WWII rubbers weren't all that elastic to start with.
    And I'm almost certain they *didn't* come in different sizes.
    I thought for sure this was an apocrypical story from 'Nam...

I'll look into this some more.
    Rubber minds want to know... biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Hmmmm...if memory serves, WWII rubbers weren't all that elastic to start with.
    And I'm almost certain they *didn't* come in different sizes.
    I thought for sure this was an apocrypical story from 'Nam...

I'll look into this some more.
    Rubber minds want to know... biggrin

That makes sense. If condoms were very elastic back then there would have been no reason to ask for larger ones.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008
    TARANTULA'S are used in so many films and television shows.

However, they're bite is deadly so all those times you thought James Bond or Indiana Jones was in serious trouble be not cocerned because expert animal handlers always ensure that the spiders are de-fanged so no actor is harmed during filming. De-fanging means that the tips of the fangs where venom is injected from are snipped off, this is harmless and doesn't affect the creature at all.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I've never understood why the TRUE one is red in these games and FALSE one is blue. In western culture red is used for danger, or something negative, just look at stop lights for instance. I suggest that FALSE will from hence forth be red.

I think the tarantula one might be TRUE. wink Tarantulas are indeed posionous from what I recall, and we can't have Harrison Ford lying around with convulsions when there's filming to be done.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

However, they're bite is deadly so all those times you thought James Bond or Indiana Jones was in serious trouble be not cocerned because expert animal handlers always ensure that the spiders are de-fanged so no actor is harmed during filming. De-fanging means that the tips of the fangs where venom is injected from are snipped off, this is harmless and doesn't affect the creature at all.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

I seem to remember that while all tarantula bites are painful and cause swelling, only a handful of species have actually deadly venom. But for this one, I'll go for TRUE wink because for the de-fanging I think the handlers won't take any chances.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FALSE

I once held a tarantula and don't remember being told its fangs had been snipped off for my benefit. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I am NOT answering ANY questions on spiders that haven't to do with the most efficient way of extermination of the aforementioned.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    FALSE

I once held a tarantula and don't remember being told its fangs had been snipped off for my benefit. dizzy

But why would someone tell you that?

Can you remember what kind of Tarantula it was Steven, any particular markings?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    I am NOT answering ANY questions on spiders that haven't to do with the most efficient way of extermination of the aforementioned.

Just a TRUE or FALSE answer will do now ANSWER THE QUESTION DAGNABBIT!

or it'll be a creepy surprise package in the post for you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    I've never understood why the TRUE one is red in these games and FALSE one is blue. In western culture red is used for danger, or something negative, just look at stop lights for instance. I suggest that FALSE will from hence forth be red.

I think the tarantula one might be TRUE. wink Tarantulas are indeed posionous from what I recall, and we can't have Harrison Ford lying around with convulsions when there's filming to be done.

Peter smile

Good point Peter, I'll do blue for TRUE red for FALSE from now on smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    What Steven said.

The only thing I remember from holding one was that I shouldn't drop it because then his guts would leak out. And I saw on TV some people in de Amazon eat them and I don't remember the roasted-tarantula-skewer being poisonous.

So FALSE. Although I'm not entirely sure...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    The only thing I remember from holding one was that I shouldn't drop it because then his guts would leak out.

biggrin biggrin biggrin

Okay, that made me laugh!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    FALSE

But why would someone tell you that?

Can you remember what kind of Tarantula it was Steven, any particular markings?

Hello wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, sorry. Um, no idea? A big black one? Had eight legs? I wasn't paying much attention to the zoo keeper dude to be honest, I was too adamant on being the joker of the pack at the time. rolleyes
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Oh, sorry. Um, no idea? A big black one? Had eight legs? I wasn't paying much attention to the zoo keeper dude to be honest, I was too adamant on being the joker of the pack at the time. rolleyes

No idea? The reason I asked is because there are only so many that are handleable.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I once met a guy online who said he had kept one as pet! Dunno if it was defanged or not biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Shane D wrote

The 'medium sized' thing doesn't convince me.

Relax. Nobody called you Chinese yet; or Korean; or Japanese tongue biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Shane D wrote

You shouldn't say things like that, D! angry

(If anything, medium is an overstatement. biggrin )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Shane D wrote

You shouldn't say things like that, D! angry

(If anything, medium is an overstatement. biggrin )

tsk tsk wave <wagging finger biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

bump
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Shane D wrote

You have't given an answer D?
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    During World War II British soldiers found that Condoms were useful for keeping weaponry clean and safe from the elements by putting condoms over the ends of rifle barrels etc. A request was made to have 18 inch condoms made for larger weaponry, Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave his seal of approval but only on condition that they were marked "Medium Size" in case they fell into enemy hands.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

I say FALSE.
  2. Too late again, William biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

I say false.

It's TRUE!

Check the latest question out William.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

bump

Please read the thread, I don't want to have to keep bumping this.