• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008
    Timmer wrote
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Timmer wrote
    During World War II British soldiers found that Condoms were useful for keeping weaponry clean and safe from the elements by putting condoms over the ends of rifle barrels etc. A request was made to have 18 inch condoms made for larger weaponry, Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave his seal of approval but only on condition that they were marked "Medium Size" in case they fell into enemy hands.

TRUE or FALSE ?

biggrin

I say false.

It's TRUE!

Check the latest question out William.

Hmmm, I could have sworn yours was the latest one. Anyways, I hadn't seen your answer whether it's true or false. Ah well. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Too late again, William biggrin

Just shut up, Pawel. biggrin wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    TARANTULA'S are used in so many films and television shows.

However, they're bite is deadly so all those times you thought James Bond or Indiana Jones was in serious trouble be not cocerned because expert animal handlers always ensure that the spiders are de-fanged so no actor is harmed during filming. De-fanging means that the tips of the fangs where venom is injected from are snipped off, this is harmless and doesn't affect the creature at all.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

bump

Please read the thread, I don't want to have to keep bumping this.

buuuuuummmmmmp!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i said FALSE already
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    i said FALSE already
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    i said FALSE already

Actually, No you didn't! wink check your posts concerning this true/false

But you have now cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008
    Last chance before I close this one later today.

William? Martijn?
  1. I'd say FALSE.

Isn't the case that these spiders used in the movies have venom on a par with bee stings?

Don't tell me otherwise Tim, because tarantulas are the one species of spider that I think that I could hold without coming out in a cold sweat.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

However, they're bite is deadly so all those times you thought James Bond or Indiana Jones was in serious trouble be not cocerned because expert animal handlers always ensure that the spiders are de-fanged so no actor is harmed during filming. De-fanging means that the tips of the fangs where venom is injected from are snipped off, this is harmless and doesn't affect the creature at all.

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

I'll go with FALSE on this one.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I'd say FALSE.

Isn't the case that these spiders used in the movies have venom on a par with bee stings?

Don't tell me otherwise Tim, because tarantulas are the one species of spider that I think that I could hold without coming out in a cold sweat.

You'd soon change your mind if you looked at my old "buddy" 'Leggit', a large black Peruvian birdeater, and not the one in the profile picture from MovieMusic board, 'Leggit' was un-handleable.
  2. It would not take much for me to alter my stance on large spiders and your comments were enough to do that!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Spiders I don't mind, I've held a few tarantulas in my time. It's crabs and any other crustaceans I can't deal with. (They always drive a hard bargain wince wince, cringe cringe.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

TRUE or FALSE ?

wave

Well done to everyone who said.....

FALSE!

If you "de-fanged" a Tarantula it would never be able to feed again and would die.

Except for people who may have a bad allergic reaction a bite from these spiders ( except for a few poisonous species ) is no mor than like a painful bee sting. They are also fragile and like Bregje said, dropping one could be fatal for the spider.

The one's used in films are docile species such as the Chilean Rose and Mexican Red Knee.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008
    *shudder*

I hate spiders! moon
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    They are also fragile and like Bregje said, dropping one could be fatal for the spider.

<stored away for future reference>
    Now see, THAT is information that is actually useful!

The one's used in films are docile species

So they can be trained to sit still while you go and find an amazingly large hammer to stomp 'em with? Cool!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Martijn wrote

So they can be trained to sit still while you go and find an amazingly large hammer to stomp 'em with? Cool!

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    TheTelmarine wrote
    Martijn wrote

biggrin

Even with an amazingly large hammer ( which Martijn couldn't lift anyway ) you wouldn't see Martijn's arse for dust at the thought of a large spider in the vicinity.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nuking from outer space has always been my personal preference.
    I'm extremely brave in orbit (though preferably around another planet altogether).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited
    Martijn wrote
    I'm extremely brave in orbit (though preferably around another planet altogether).

lol
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

The Spider Planet from Doctor Who!? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2008 edited
    biggrin Man, this must be the first time in my life i've actually witnessed an individual actually WORRYING about the life and health of a......spider! shocked

DAMN i love this forum! punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    biggrin Man, this must be the first time in my life i've actually witnessed an individual actually WORRYING about the life and health of a......spider! shocked

DAMN i love this forum! punk

They are all part of our planet! I love ALL creatures.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Anybody fancy posing a new True/False question?

I'm happy to do another but it would be nice to answer to someone different smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote

beer kiss

Though I'm afraid of lizards... doesn't mean I hate them! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2008
    DemonStar wrote
    Timmer wrote

beer kiss

Though I'm afraid of lizards... doesn't mean I hate them! wink

Respect! beer cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2008 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Just to keep this alive until I can think of a decent question...

Here's five things to do with me.....

1) Someone once shot me with a gun

2) I once did a death defying leap over a cravasse

3) I saw a dog eating the body of a child

4) I once accidentally trod on the Dalai Lama's foot

5) A "friend" once spiked me with amphetimines

Only ONE of the above is NOT true....which one?

In the style of the above, a slightly more down to earth 'five things about me...

1) I once hit Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the head with an egg I threw from a crowd in Bristol during the early 1980's

2) Me and some friends freaked out one of our best friends with a well contrived 'Ghost stunt', he started crying and ran away and we didn't see him for Months.

3) I sculpted an Arnold Schwarzenegger head which was cast four times in latex to be worn by four members of a pop band.

4) I once ran a Marathon, it took me 3 hours 20 minutes even though I weighed 100 kilos at the time.

5) I once beat the British and European pool champion, he didn't even get one shot in.

Only ONE of the above is NOT true....which one?

wave smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2008
    SLIGHTLY MORE DOWN TO EARTH? biggrin Love you man kiss

I say 5 is false although since we're talking about you, it could be true very naturally! dizzy

Oh and if no.2 is true indeed, i want details man, details!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If this is the life you get by not having kids, then by George, I'm stead fast in my no-kids philosophy!
    I hate kids. I really do.

Anyway.

I say 5 is the rotten egg. You can't be that good, surely? dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    If this is the life you get by not having kids, then by George, I'm stead fast in my no-kids philosophy!
    I hate kids. I really do.

Anyway.

I say 5 is the rotten egg. You can't be that good, surely? dizzy

We'll see!? wink